By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2 launches June 28

KLXVER said:
Medisti said:

That's great for you, but maybe instead of pushing what you prefer on others, be respectful that not everyone shares your opinion.

The guy just gave you an option. Calm down.

What about my response wasn't calm?

Around the Network
Medisti said:
KLXVER said:

The guy just gave you an option. Calm down.

He wasn't pushing anything on you. Just gave you an alternate way to play it.

Medisti said:
super_etecoon said:

Things you own end up owning you.

Haha...I'm really embracing the "digital only" this go around.  I just really like that all my games are there at the touch of a button. I don't need to mess with swapping carts, or losing them.  I do miss having a visual representation of the titles I own, but this gen most have been indie anyway so I'm not sure my collection would look any different.  I never sell my games, either, so the physical representation is the only aspect I'll be misisng.

That's great for you, but maybe instead of pushing what you prefer on others, be respectful that not everyone shares your opinion.

wow...my apologies to you.  I really don't know who you are but was just having some fun.  I'm aware of the great physical vs digital divide. I didn't realize you held the opinion so closely to your heart and I'll do my best to steer clear of further confrontation.

KLXVER said:
Medisti said:

He wasn't pushing anything on you. Just gave you an alternate way to play it.

I'm know you mean well, just trying to mediate, but don't appreciate being told to "calm down" for simply stating my opinion in a rational way.

super_etecoon said:
Medisti said:

wow...my apologies to you.  I really don't know who you are but was just having some fun.  I'm aware of the great physical vs digital divide. I didn't realize you held the opinion so closely to your heart and I'll do my best to steer clear of further confrontation.

I'm sorry as well. I shouldn't have assumed your intent. I've obviously spent too much time dealing with ruder people online, so I'm starting to see attitude that doesn't exist when people use language like "you know." It's just people usually write like that derisively and I misinterpreted.

Medisti said:

super_etecoon said:

I'm sorry as well. I shouldn't have assumed your intent. I've obviously spent too much time dealing with ruder people online, so I'm starting to see attitude that doesn't exist when people use language like "you know." It's just people usually write like that derisively and I misinterpreted.

Was meant only in good fun.  Obviously I could tell by your your post that you weren't going to download it. That's why my "you know" was placed there, to add comedic affect, which apparently fell flat.  Wasn't intended to condescend, I assure you.  More of a wink.  This is the first generation where I've embraced this digital approach, like I said, and that is simply because for me it makes my Switch more portable.  But the good thing is that after this exchange, which hasn't been too heated, we'll probably both understand each other better.  Sorry you'll have to wait several weeks to get your hands on the game...it's going to be a ton of fun.

Around the Network

A future 10+ million seller

Can not wait.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

KLXVER said:
Hope it doesn't take up too much time in their E3 Direct.

You know it will. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Isn't it strange that we hardly know anything about this game? I mean, it will be released in about 7 weeks and it's Nintendo's most important game releasing this year (after Pokemon Sword/Shield) and we only have a 90 seconds trailer from February. Compare this to the amount of Directs they made for Smash last year. Of course we see enough about this game during E3 but they hardly do anything to hype this game...

RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:
Hope it doesn't take up too much time in their E3 Direct.

No worries. Word is that most of the E3 Direct will be about SSBU DLC, explaining each and every move of the new fighters.

That sounds typical lol. 

I hope they show off a lot of games in quick snippets - maybe a quick 5 minute dive into one or two or their biggest hitters - and save most of the finer details for Treehouse. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7