the real enemy all along... 0 0%

wasn't who they thought... 0 0%

it was Quina, destroyer of worlds! 6 6.25%

Total:96

Zelda rightfully winning

Around the Network
0D0 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

One question: XIII story is better than SS? 

It doesn't matter, any story must be better than Zelda SS.

Did you play FFXIII? LOL, FFXIII is one of the worst story ever for both FF series and JRPG genre. SS is the best story ever for a Zelda game

Shiken said:
0D0 said:
Zelda SS is so bad that it ruins the entire franchise.

FF wins.

Honest question, have you played Skyward Sword?

I get why someone who might hate motion controls could be turned off, but it is actually a really solid game.  The story is one of the strongest in the franchise too.

The only real low points for the game would be the wasted potential in the sky and the back tracking in the late game.  Still I feel the overall quality of the game is solid.

Yes, I have.

I know I'm not taking the thread seriously. I know I can't judge an entire franchise based on SS.

Having said that, I've played SS and I hated it firstly for his controls and second for everything else. The games is unplayable for me. Huge waste of money. 8.5 reviews must've written by nutters and Zelda biased reviewers (as quite usual in my opinion). SS is the worst AAA game ever made in my opinion. Worst big Japanese game. Worst big Nintendo game. It it goes on.

HoangNhatAnh said:
0D0 said:

Did you play FFXIII? LOL, FFXIII is one of the worst story ever for both FF series and JRPG genre. SS is the best story ever for a Zelda game

No, I haven't.

I was joking on that post. I don't expect to compare both franchises only based on SS to be honest.

PS: But SS stinks hard. I'm sure I can play the worst FF but I wouldn't get SS beaten even for money.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Hiku said:
Dulfite said:

I'm only going to include mainline games and expansions, not spinoffs.

May I suggest you make an exception for Final Fantasy Tactics?

I'd wager most people who have played it agree that it holds a very high standard, up there among the best of them.
The soundtrack alone is worth experiencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmUsHH5lxsA

Either way that is quite the commitment. I hope you enjoy them.

As for your question, I think it'd be hard to answer, if it weren't for the fact that story is very important to me as those can leave the strongest impressions on me.

So I'll say I prefer Final Fantasy, but... I feel like the mainline Zelda series has been more consistently good than the mainline FF series.
A really good Final Fantasy game has a higher potential for me than a really good Zelda game. But they're not all really good. While most Zelda games I've played are.

Should I play Tactics after I play other FF games? Or what?

0D0 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

One question: XIII story is better than SS? 

What?! SS has the best story in the entire franchise in my opinion.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Hiku said:

May I suggest you make an exception for Final Fantasy Tactics?

I'd wager most people who have played it agree that it holds a very high standard, up there among the best of them.
The soundtrack alone is worth experiencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmUsHH5lxsA

Either way that is quite the commitment. I hope you enjoy them.

As for your question, I think it'd be hard to answer, if it weren't for the fact that story is very important to me as those can leave the strongest impressions on me.

So I'll say I prefer Final Fantasy, but... I feel like the mainline Zelda series has been more consistently good than the mainline FF series.
A really good Final Fantasy game has a higher potential for me than a really good Zelda game. But they're not all really good. While most Zelda games I've played are.

Tactics came out about the same time as FF7.  If you are playing them in order, then you could play it after 7.  Or you could just play it first.  It is really that good.  I think it deserves to be counted as part of the main series.  War of the Lions version is the definitive version, but the PS1 version is very good too.

I've beaten every home console Zelda game including Four Swords, while there are Final Fantasy games I started and just never got motivated enough to beat in 8, 12, and 15. When Final Fantasy is on top of their game in 4, 6, and 9 they are amazing games, but when Zelda has a game in SS not up to par I still enjoyed it enough to finish it.

0D0 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

No, I haven't.

I was joking on that post. I don't expect to compare both franchises only based on SS to be honest.

PS: But SS stinks hard. I'm sure I can play the worst FF but I wouldn't get SS beaten even for money.

So in fact, you haven't. What you sure is still just talk only, i will believe it when i see it.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 26 April 2019

HoangNhatAnh said:
0D0 said:

No, I haven't.

What you sure is still just talk only, i will believe it when i see it.

Indeed. It is not a question of being able to play the worst FF it is a question of enjoying the worst FF.

Hiku said:
Dulfite said:

From a story perspective you can play them in any order you'd like (aside from the few direct sequels like FFX-2) since they're all stand alone stories. But it might be weird jumping between one that uses today's technology, to the first FF game on NES.

So I would say play FFT along with the PS1 generation of FF games, which is 7, 8 and 9. And you're done with 9 from my understanding.

Tactics is one of those games that's commonly cited among people's favorites in the entire franchise, and many have it as the best in the series.
Though keep in mind that the GBA game Final Fantasy - Tactics Advanced is not the same game, or of the same caliber. And it's not related to the original in any meaningful way. You can easily skip that one.

In what order are you planning to play these? 1-15?

Since FF 1-2 are not on Steam or Switch, and are really hard to find physically, I may simply skip them. Adding to this possibility is everyone keeps telling me how bad they are (not to mention I hate the way NES games play). I may start with FF3 after I beat 7 (I already beat 9).