By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Popular Twitch speedrunner banned for "leaking" the N-Word

Throw him crabs

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Keybladewielder said:
Throw him crabs

Throw him into a pit of crabs? Or a pile of feminist prostitutes?

It's a reference to this :P

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleSmokyHerdRaccAttack

Cobretti2 said:
Yerm said:
Its a fucking word. He typed it, he didnt even say it. It was on screen for a few seconds. This is what constitutes a ban these days?

lol at least there was a word.

I am banned for 3 months from YouTube because i used big bash in my title for a live stream event. Some dodgy Indian scammer company raised a copyright strike on it and YouTube basically said fuck you. Even when I challenged it, it has been under review for 2 months lol. The strike will expire quicker I think.

Sadly, it seems you have to join a MCN on Youtube just for the copyright protections they offer.  Mainly because Youtube believes companies before they do their users.

Chrizum said:
REDZONE said:
I love people trying to justify him say "Nigger"to his "white" friend.All non blacks use the word in a derogatory tone and never with good intentions.

Such bullshit. White people enjoy black culture as well. Shocking, isn't it? It's pretty common, for white people as well, to use "nigger/nigga" in an amicable way. Someone texting "whaddap my nigga?" to his friend is racist now? Or only when it refers to white people?

Are you serious?You think a white person using the word nigger is enjoying black culture?White people made  up the word to discriminate against black people and only black people,that is the sole purpose of the word.So the only BS I am seeing is the one your talking.

SpokenTruth said:
thismeintiel said:
Quick question, if a black person uses the n-word on Twitch, do they get banned?

Yes.  It's in the TOS. 

AbbathTheGrim said:

One of the core examples of how the Regressive Left shoots themselves on the foot: "Let's work for a world which is equal and overcomes differences... but then let's keep stuff that reminds us that we are different and should back off because of the color of our skins!"

It's not about reminding us that we are different.  It's about the history, origination, intent and derogatory nature of that word.  You can't just wipe that away because you want to. 

Chrizum said:
This is mostly a US thing I assume. When I say "whaddup my n*ggas?!" to my viewers in a funny way on stream, would I get banned?

Yes, it's mostly a US. Check out the words' history to understand this issue more.  And yes, you would be banned.  It's against the TOS.

o_O.Q said:

outside of speaking that single word, how has he indicated that he doesn't like black people?

It's not about liking black people, it's about respecting black people.  If you cannot respect an oppressed group, a disparaged group, a subjugated group by not using the very term that was invented to denigrate said group...what kind of person does that make you?

Simply put...if you know the word is bad (and how can you really not know this) and use it anyway, even just jokingly, you are being exceptionally disrespectful.  If you say it with original intention, then you are both disrespectful and racist.

Chrizum said:

Such bullshit. White people enjoy black culture as well. Shocking, isn't it? It's pretty common, for white people as well, to use "nigger/nigga" in an amicable way. Someone texting "whaddap my nigga?" to his friend is racist now? Or only when it refers to white people?

What do you mean "now"?  It's always been wrong for white people to use the word.  Please inform me of a time when it was socially acceptable for white people to use the word without it ever having derogatory connotations.

Cobretti2 said:

I am banned for 3 months from YouTube because i used big bash in my title for a live stream event. Some dodgy Indian scammer company raised a copyright strike on it and YouTube basically said fuck you. Even when I challenged it, it has been under review for 2 months lol. The strike will expire quicker I think.

Was your video or title also using the word "League" in it?  If it did, they had a legal standing to claim infringement.  That's the name of an Indian Cricket league.

Ganoncrotch said:

He actually leaves in Holocaust but takes out the N word from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKdV5FvXLuI (This Link is to a song which features the word Holocaust.... but not bad words like the N word)

Are you suggesting Holocaust has a similar connotation and derogatory nature as the N-word?

Not going to cut up this into pieces here but you seem to think that word was "invented" as a racial slur, please if you want to talk about a word at least know that it was in use as a descriptive term for 200 years before it was ever used in a derogatory manner or ethnic slur. The word is a corruption of the spanish for Black, but I'm not even talking about "negro" I'm talking about the word that got this lad banned from Twitch, that existed for 200 years before it was a racial slur.

As for your question to me? Sticks and stones may break my bones... ever hear that phrase? I'm fairly certain being called a name has never killed 6 million people....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Can people please take 2 minutes out of their lives to check the origin of the word before jumping in with "the word was invented as a racial slur" Please, it isn't that hard, you have the internet at your disposal.
https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2014/07/nigger-2.html

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If Twitch wants ot ban him for that they should and rightfully so since he used a racial slur.

SpokenTruth said:
thismeintiel said:
Quick question, if a black person uses the n-word on Twitch, do they get banned?

Yes.  It's in the TOS. 

AbbathTheGrim said:

One of the core examples of how the Regressive Left shoots themselves on the foot: "Let's work for a world which is equal and overcomes differences... but then let's keep stuff that reminds us that we are different and should back off because of the color of our skins!"

It's not about reminding us that we are different.  It's about the history, origination, intent and derogatory nature of that word.  You can't just wipe that away because you want to. 

Chrizum said:
This is mostly a US thing I assume. When I say "whaddup my n*ggas?!" to my viewers in a funny way on stream, would I get banned?

Yes, it's mostly a US. Check out the words' history to understand this issue more.  And yes, you would be banned.  It's against the TOS.

o_O.Q said:

outside of speaking that single word, how has he indicated that he doesn't like black people?

It's not about liking black people, it's about respecting black people.  If you cannot respect an oppressed group, a disparaged group, a subjugated group by not using the very term that was invented to denigrate said group...what kind of person does that make you?

Simply put...if you know the word is bad (and how can you really not know this) and use it anyway, even just jokingly, you are being exceptionally disrespectful.  If you say it with original intention, then you are both disrespectful and racist.

Chrizum said:

What do you mean "now"?  It's always been wrong for white people to use the word.  Please inform me of a time when it was socially acceptable for white people to use the word without it ever having derogatory connotations.

Cobretti2 said:

Was your video or title also using the word "League" in it?  If it did, they had a legal standing to claim infringement.  That's the name of an Indian Cricket league.

Ganoncrotch said:

He actually leaves in Holocaust but takes out the N word from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKdV5FvXLuI (This Link is to a song which features the word Holocaust.... but not bad words like the N word)

Are you suggesting Holocaust has a similar connotation and derogatory nature as the N-word?

"It's not about liking black people, it's about respecting black people.  If you cannot respect an oppressed group, a disparaged group, a subjugated group by not using the very term that was invented to denigrate said group...what kind of person does that make you?"

respect does not work collectively, that's a silly notion that you do not believe in so why would i believe in it?

you just a few threads ago were searching desperately(and failing) to find a justifiable reason to tear candace owens(an oppressed women of color - the white whale of the social justice narrative) down, where was this nonsensical notion of respecting all of the members of a group then?

no one believes in respecting all members of any group

there are black people that i do not respect, there are white people that i do not respect and so on and so on

"Simply put...if you know the word is bad (and how can you really not know this) and use it anyway, even just jokingly, you are being exceptionally disrespectful."

to who? people that are not part of the conversation?

Used in jest. I'd give him a temporary ban, to send a message and save face.

ToS must be upheld and don't be so stupid as to tab a private conversation on stream. Discord has a phone app.

the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

so you're for racism against white people

Because the idea that white people shouldn't be allowed to use a word is exactly as racist as the word itself.  

o_O.Q said:

if the intent is to attack black people as a race, no i don't think that's ok and to be consistent i also don't believe that racism against white people is ok

because without consistency all we are doing imo is farting into the wind

Try this thought experiment:

Imagine society started using a derogatory word that was talking about you.  There would be a difference between telling people not to use that word, and telling you not to use it.  It could be a nasty word, but it's not society's place to tell you (the person that it was used towards) that you couldn't use it.  

This concept of using and avoiding certain words is constant throughout languages.  A lot of languages have special words that are more or less respectful than others depending on the company that you are talking to.  The only thing that makes this word different is the historical ties to racism.  

"as racist as the word itself"

words cannot be racist, people with intent are racist depending on their intent

"Try this thought experiment:

Imagine society started using a derogatory word that was talking about you.  There would be a difference between telling people not to use that word, and telling you not to use it.  It could be a nasty word, but it's not society's place to tell you (the person that it was used towards) that you couldn't use it.  "

the problem here is that you are confusing language with intent, sure you could take that word and banish it forever but that's not going to stop whatever animosity produced the word to begin with

the core issue here is the animosity and not the language itself

with regards to the target using the word, as a black person i've always thought it to be beyond stupid for black people who claim to be offended by the n word to use it and i still hold to that position, if the word itself is so harmful then you should never utter it yourself... that's my opinion otherwise you are nothing but a hypocrite

if i take a baby and i condition that baby to say the n word as its first word, would still be arguing that the baby is a racist?