By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Popular Twitch speedrunner banned for "leaking" the N-Word

Carl said:
Good job Twitch, keep racists away.

outside of speaking that single word, how has he indicated that he doesn't like black people?

Around the Network

my problem with this is if we want to erase this word from popular culture, we'd have to erase a lot of black culture with it

most(or more accurately almost all rap) has people speaking that word and many black movies, so i don't think its unreasonable to conclude that white people who embrace black media may find themselves using that word out of mimicking black people

mZuzek said:
thismeintiel said:

Are we living in history? Nope. We are living in the present, where we should actually strive for true equality. Not some BS form of it that's really just reverse racism, which actually doesn't exist because it is just straight up racism. Where the hypersensitive PC crap is mainly just an excuse to take out one's own enemies, not better the world or society.

You're right. We're living in the present, therefore, history does not exist.

are you in favor of the confederate statues that were knocked down in the south being retained then?

maybe sometimes its best to leave the past behind you if you want to progress to something better, but i think its fairly obvious that progress cannot be made towards more unity if the past is constantly used as a weapon to cause division

maybe the black community needs to look into leaving the n word out of their own discourse so it starts to fade into nothingness because i think a lot of utterances of the n word are occurring because of its use in popular black media like rap and not because someone is looking to attack black people

o_O.Q said:

outside of speaking that single word, how has he indicated that he doesn't like black people?

"Outside of doing something racist, how exactly is he racist?"

Carl said:
o_O.Q said:

"Outside of doing something racist, how exactly is he racist?"

racism is discrimination along the lines of race, who was he discriminating against?

if a white person buys rap and repeats the n word along with the artist is that racism?

Around the Network

I assume by "the N-Word" you mean "nigger"? Talking like an elementary school teacher is really not a positive way to present yourself. Anyway, this is the future that a small minority of fanatical leftists want to create - complete social exclusion and inability to leave a happy life for people who put a toe outside of a narrow spectrum of far-left progressive views and language. Those who don't push back against this have only themselves to blame when they find themselves receiving the same treatment for using a "lesser" slur or expressing a view that is even mildly to the right of the kind of reality-ignoring insanity that these ideologues promote. Stop being afraid of not looking like the perfect progressive liberal and start vocally opposing the shutting down of online discourse, or it will get worse and worse.

This is strictly a US thing. Here in China we say, chigga

我是广州人

Can't wait for a nuclear war.

some dark humor

https://i1.jbzdy.pl/contents/2019/04/7e41873f84aaa9dfa2b43f70bbd9752e.jpg

❌ BANNED: Flaming (Racism) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 22 April 2019

o_O.Q said:

racism is discrimination along the lines of race, who was he discriminating against?

if a white person buys rap and repeats the n word along with the artist is that racism?

That's why context is important.

Carl said:
o_O.Q said:

That's why context is important.

which is why i asked you to point out where he was discriminating against black people?