By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Popular Twitch speedrunner banned for "leaking" the N-Word

I think its harsh. But using it in a discord....cant people just screenshot it anyways if they wanted to start something? Lol

Around the Network

Uh, was it the er form of the "N-word"?

NobleTeam360 said:
Uh, was it the er form of the "N-word"?

I was going to ask this too. I heard some streamers say it but NOT with the hard "r" at the end. There's a huge difference. 

This is mostly a US thing I assume. When I say "whaddup my n*ggas?!" to my viewers in a funny way on stream, would I get banned?

collint0101 said:
thismeintiel said:

Yea, but no it's not. Either everyone gets to use it or no one does.

If you don't understand the difference I feel like you're too dumb to understand even if someone took the time to explain it too you. 

Hmm, trying to win a debate by simply insulting the other side. Sounds to me like you lack a good argument and the ability to convey it. Keep trying, though.

mZuzek said: 
thismeintiel said: 

Yes. Any word. Setting up two different standards based solely on color of skin is, say it with me, racist.

How about setting up two different standards based on history?

Are we living in history? Nope. We are living in the present, where we should actually strive for true equality. Not some BS form of it that's really just reverse racism, which actually doesn't exist because it is just straight up racism. Where the hypersensitive PC crap is mainly just an excuse to take out one's own enemies, not better the world or society.

Around the Network

KLXVER said:
thismeintiel said:
Quick question, if a black person uses the n-word on Twitch, do they get banned?

No. That's different though.

Actually, if a certain group wanted us to really believe the word is that bad they shouldn't use it themselves.

Hence, we tend to respect people who lead by example.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wyrdness said:
Yerm said:
Its a fucking word. He typed it, he didnt even say it. It was on screen for a few seconds. This is what constitutes a ban these days?

It was broadcasted on stream so yes it's ban worthy as it goes against Twitch's TOS to broadcast such things also typing something and saying it doesn't necessarily change the situation.

I think what bugs me is it was clearly an accident because it wasn't intended to be broadcasted.

Its essentially a ban for simply being the type of person that uses that word. But since it ended up on the service, a warning at best SHOULD be fine.

Using a racial slur at one time just meant you used a racial slur, this is example was clearly in jest. But I'm not gonna act like he's racist or spreading "hate speech" because he simply used a slur. That's lunatic left wing logic.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Wyrdness said:

It was broadcasted on stream so yes it's ban worthy as it goes against Twitch's TOS to broadcast such things also typing something and saying it doesn't necessarily change the situation.

I think what bugs me is it was clearly an accident because it wasn't intended to be broadcasted.

Its essentially a ban for simply being the type of person that uses that word. But since it ended up on the service, a warning at best SHOULD be fine.

Using a racial slur at one time just meant you used a racial slur, this is example was clearly in jest. But I'm not gonna act like he's racist or spreading "hate speech" because he simply used a slur. That's lunatic left wing logic.

Doesn't matter accident or not the TOS have been set and everyone knows them by now the it's an accident defence is not accepted because everyone would use it when they break the rules.

As for Caleb ask yourself this why is he using the slur to begin with knowing the implications of it Trihex got banned when he used the word f*g simply brushing it off as just in jest is just as bad as witch hunting him only problem is he hasn't done himself any favours with not only his response to the whole situation but his past antics, fact is Twitch have set a precedent against such things because they know letting it slide ultimately leads to more problems as we live in an era were you now can't allow people to have an inch otherwise people will try and take the whole damn country.

Wyrdness said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Doesn't matter accident or not the TOS have been set and everyone knows them by now the it's an accident defence is not accepted because everyone would use it when they break the rules.

As for Caleb ask yourself this why is he using the slur to begin with knowing the implications of it Trihex got banned when he used the word f*g simply brushing it off as just in jest is just as bad as witch hunting him only problem is he hasn't done himself any favours with not only his response to the whole situation but his past antics, fact is Twitch have set a precedent against such things because they know letting it slide ultimately leads to more problems as we live in an era were you now can't allow people to have an inch otherwise people will try and take the whole damn country.

I think we can agree breaking the rules and accidents are actually different things. Which is why not everything that happens on live TV for example is treated the same.

Brushing it off as a jest is as bad as witch hunting? No, because witch hunting is intended to hurt someone for something relatively minor in this case.

So people say the n-word in jest one moment, then its tyranny over the country next? When you speak like that, you come off as a person truly out of touch with reality.

We live in the of the most peaceful eras ever, I believe it can withstand the n-word used in jest. But again, I said warning the guy would be fine because of bullshit rules. We don't have to exaggerate what happened here and create a slippery slope scenario.

Recently Completed