By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 6 April 2019

Tere is only one problem. I don't belive that X One is above 60.000. It should drop the same percentage as PS4. I think it's again overtracked. For me it looks like putting X ONE numbers below 60.000 it's just to paninfull (its just feels like it). X One without price cut will drop below 50.000 during summer. I dont know what will MS do to keep the interest  in One next year. It will be hard  for MS to keep the X One head above the water in 2020. It will be practicly dead. Maybe Gears will help. Gears is MS last hope left this gen. It's not only last hope but for MS to finish this generation in some kind of redemption.  

Around the Network

PS4 needs a pricedrop.

Shiken said:
I have a feeling that the majority of this year is going to look like this as the PS4 shows its age, still impressive overall though.

Good to see the Switch going strong in year 3, and the best is still yet to come. I have a feeling the X1 will be eclipsed by year's end and then some.

It was going down because The Japan sales ended. Its all about the pricing now for ps4

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Word about the PS5 is trickling out, which will make people think twice about buying a PS4 and just waiting instead. I'm really surprised how close Switch and PS4 have been in Europe the last few weeks. That's Sonyland, but the Switch is only a little bit behind. Even a year ago I wouldn't have suggested that being possible.

PS4's European advantage has diminished to the point where it's no longer enough to keep them close to Switch globally.

Around the Network

ps4 will slowly ratchet down as its pretty old now, they could price cut it to drum up sales but after 6 years the ps5 needs to release

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

curl-6 said:

PS4's European advantage has diminished to the point where it's no longer enough to keep them close to Switch globally.

Selling within 85% of 1st place is indeed close. Especially when it's a percentage difference from the lowest total sales week of the year thus far.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 20 April 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
curl-6 said:

Selling within 85% of 1st place is indeed close. Especially when it's a percentage difference from the most pitiful sales week of the year thus far.

I wouldn't all that close honestly. "Close" would be like if PS4 was selling, say, 95% of Switch. 

curl-6 said:
COKTOE said:

Selling within 85% of 1st place is indeed close. Especially when it's a percentage difference from the most pitiful sales week of the year thus far.

I wouldn't all that close honestly. "Close" would be like if PS4 was selling, say, 95% of Switch. 

Well, I can't argue with that. I really can't! :) Just a difference in philosophy I guess.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

curl-6 said:

Especially globally in the U.S.A.