By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naoki Hamaguchi has upgraded to co-director for FINAL FANTASY Vll REMAKE; FINAL FANTASY XIV team well into their next gen project (Possibly FFXVI)

shikamaru317 said:
Nomura is great, stop hating guys. Square works him like a slave, what do you expect, he has been credited on 41 different games so far this decade, let that sink in. And over half of those credits he had a significant role on, usually either as character designer, creative producer, or director, 10 of them he is credited as a director on.

Anyway, on topic, the fact that he has a co-director now tells me that Square once again has Nomura directing multiple games at once. Nomura said that there would be at least 1 KH spinoff game before KH4, so maybe he is already directing that, or maybe Square has him directing a standalone Verum Rex game.

Do like me , lets ignore the moronic Nomura hate we see online. No Point on arguing with bater, they dont even know why they hate Nomura, i always facepalm watching those ignorante comments.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
meh.

If he had been made sole director and fully replaced that imcompetent fool nomura then it would be something worth talking about. But as it is the game will still be ruined by nomura.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ka-pi96 said:
meh.

If he had been made sole director and fully replaced that imcompetent fool nomura then it would be something worth talking about. But as it is the game will still be ruined by nomura.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

“Based on the former 5th Business Division, the newly established Third Development Division has started work on a new key project following Final Fantasy XIV, taking up a challenge for the next generation,” 

The way he says "next generation" makes it sound like they are making another MMO.  I hope not.  They need to make single player games more frequently.

Yoshi-P has said many things over the past couple of years about FFXVI. He has said he would take the game on if asked and expressed the desire to see FFXVI have a medieval fantasy type setting. It's possible that his team is now working on FFXVI as a next gen game. That artwork shows the type of airship that would feature in the game he has described.

But it could be an MMO although I think it's unlikely unless the game is still a long way off since FFXIV is still going strong and getting a new expansion this year, even FFXI is still going with talks of something special for the 20th anniversary in 2022. So although a third FF MMO is likely at some point, this mystery project might not be it.

V-r0cK said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Nomura is SE last hope, Yoshida is ok too. Also Nomura is designing new bosses for upcoming FFXIV raids. SE really have the guy working overtime.

Agreed.  They overwork Nomura a lot that he's all over the place.

shikamaru317 said:
Nomura is great, stop hating guys. Square works him like a slave, what do you expect, he has been credited on 41 different games so far this decade, let that sink in. And over half of those credits he had a significant role on, usually either as character designer, creative producer, or director, 10 of them he is credited as a director on.

Anyway, on topic, the fact that he has a co-director now tells me that Square once again has Nomura directing multiple games at once. Nomura said that there would be at least 1 KH spinoff game before KH4, so maybe he is already directing that, or maybe Square has him directing a standalone Verum Rex game.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Do like me , lets ignore the moronic Nomura hate we see online. No Point on arguing with bater, they dont even know why they hate Nomura, i always facepalm watching those ignorante comments.

im genuinely curious guys, but how do you know that it is indeed Square overworking him and not Nomura himself just taking on too many projects?

Around the Network

Still too early for another FF mmorpg. FF14 is making them the most money right now so I doubt they'll want to compete against their own.

twintail said:
V-r0cK said:

Agreed.  They overwork Nomura a lot that he's all over the place.

shikamaru317 said:

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

im genuinely curious guys, but how do you know that it is indeed Square overworking him and not Nomura himself just taking on too many projects?

Here's one example:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-director-didnt-know-he-was-/1100-6428460/

V-r0cK said:
twintail said:

Here's one example:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-director-didnt-know-he-was-/1100-6428460/

Lol, I forgot about that. Square leadership seems like a real mess. 

I really hope Yoshida's game is FF16 and not another MMO (though, like another user said, they don't have much reason to make another MMO, as FF14 still makes tons of money). Also, I wonder what is Ito doing...would be cool if he was involved in FF16.

Ka-pi96 said:
meh.

It's FF7, be assured that not even Nomura could make it any worse. I mean it's not like we're talking about great games like FF8 or FF9.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.