By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Valve Index (VR headset) announced, 144 Hz, off ear audio

Valves next AAA game will be a VR title. The vibes on that being correct is very high.
If this is a good price, might be my first VR Headset.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Azzanation said:
Valves next AAA game will be a VR title. The vibes on that being correct is very high.
If this is a good price, might be my first VR Headset.

We know for sure Valve has at least 3 VR games in development.  Gabe made it pretty clear that they were going to be substantial titles.  

One of them is heavily rumored to be a Half Life game between 1 and 2.  

A Half Life game (even if its not 3) will tempt me enough to buy a VR Unit. 

Yes, this is great. I hope others will follow suit on keeping the VR industries alive.

Whatever happened to the Steam Machines? Are they still a thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

This is an interesting time to enter the VR market. I'm excited to see what they're offering that makes their hardware special. And, if there is nothing special, I hope we sometime learn why they decided to go with an also-ran product at this time.

Around the Network

I remember when my friend kept talking about how Valve is making games, it's just taking a long time. And that one of their games was Left 4 Dead 3 on the new Source engine with VR stuff too.

I shouldn't have trusted that rat bastard.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I remember when my friend kept talking about how Valve is making games, it's just taking a long time. And that one of their games was Left 4 Dead 3 on the new Source engine with VR stuff too.

I shouldn't have trusted that rat bastard.

You should better wait until there's confirmation. We all know Valve has a problem with the number 3.

OT: I'm curious about what they'll come up with, but I'm not interested in VR. Yet.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I'm prepared to throw my money at the screen. Very intrigued on how deep the controls for their VR games will be.
Everyone who tried out Valve's VR techdemos know that there is a huge potential in their full VR games.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Well I want VR to succeed, but I wouldn't have much hope for Steam here.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd like to see how it handles first, as well as price point and the 3 VR games Valve has going for it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"