By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Biggerboat1 said:
jason1637 said:

1. Well the government having no laws dictating what you can and cannot do with your sock drawer shows that they are promoting personal freedom and allowing you do do what you want with things that you own even if it involves taking a shit in a sock drawer.

2. I know the difference. But most people who support euthanasia support it because they believe that the patient suffering should be given the choice to end their suffering. That's why I found it hypocritical that Pemalite supports euthanasia but only if it's methods that he likes. Even though I don't agree with euthanasia at least you're consistent when it comes to someone shooting themselves or using less messy ways.

3. I do support gun control as long as the legislation is not a burden to people 2nd amendment rights. Maybe a few weeks ago I would have supported it less but the-pi-guy made a pretty good argument for different types of gun control that don't take away peoples rights.

1. I think you're stretching the definition of the word 'promotion' to a pretty ludicrous degree...

2. I won't speak for Pemalite but I think it's pretty obvious from his various pots that he has other reasons for backing legal euthanasia other than it leaving less of a mess...

Also, just to be clear, on the dementia front, you'd be fine with yourself or a family member having to live through potentially decades of what can amount to almost total personality loss, chronic memory loss, incontinence, complete dependence on carers, the inability to follow even the most basic of conversation (you get the picture)? To me that's worse than any physical pain as at least then you can still rationalise the things that are happening to you and know that it will end eventually... When your mind has gone, you are truly lost.

3. Ok, fair enough!

1. That's why i've used the words "indirectly promoting". The government won't be asking people to commit euthanasia but allowing that option they are indirectly promoting it.

2.I wouldn't be okay with the situation because it's a very sad situation. I just wouldnt be okay with myself or my family member decided to do euthanasia. Even if you're suffering your life will remain precious.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

2. So you're opposed to someone suffering wanting to end their life because you'd have to do your job and clean after? That sounds pretty selfish.

False. I am not opposed to end someones suffering. Don't play word games to try and twist everything to suit your own agenda.
I am all for methods which are clean and respectable to all parties involved, we aren't barbarians.

jason1637 said:

3. But were talking about those in the hospital who are experiencing severe pain. It's harder for them to kill themselves if euthanasia is illegal.

And even if it was legal, it's still not going to be an overnight snap decision, there would be a ton of checks and balances in place to ensure that due process is followed.

jason1637 said:

5. You don't need to talk to make the best of your situation. Like i've said already the pain sucks but try to make the best out of your situation.

I don't think you fully comprehend the extent of their pain... Or maybe you lack the empathy to ultimately care?

Either way, when you have so much pain that you are unable to even sleep, move or even vacate your bed to go to a toilet, you can't make the best out of such a situation.

jason1637 said:

6. I can't really speak for other religions besides catholicism. Yeah there are people that denounce science but these people are really rare. Most Catholics support science.

Not as rare as you think... Lots of Anti-Vaxxers, Climate Change Deniers and those who believe Evolution to be false... They are all supported by science.

jason1637 said:

2. I know the difference. But most people who support euthanasia support it because they believe that the patient suffering should be given the choice to end their suffering. That's why I found it hypocritical that Pemalite supports euthanasia but only if it's methods that he likes. Even though I don't agree with euthanasia at least you're consistent when it comes to someone shooting themselves or using less messy ways.

It's not hypocritical. It's called being respectful for everyone involved.
If someone wanted to shoot themselves in the head, then so be it, provided it doesn't have an impact on any other individual.

You forget that I have seen some pretty gruesome bullshit over the years, I have had to collect body parts and bag it after a car accident, I have had to scrape people off the bottom of pavement, I have had to scale down a cliff and grab a casualty with a dozen broken bones and bleeding out, I have had to enter a burning building and pull out people with severe burns... I could go on.

None of that I would like a person to go through if it's unnecessary... And euthanasia via a gun method is entirely unnecessary, there are cleaner, faster and more humane options available.

So yes, I certainly have valid reasons for wanting things done a certain way... And there ain't anything wrong with that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

jason1637 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

1. I think you're stretching the definition of the word 'promotion' to a pretty ludicrous degree...

2. I won't speak for Pemalite but I think it's pretty obvious from his various pots that he has other reasons for backing legal euthanasia other than it leaving less of a mess...

Also, just to be clear, on the dementia front, you'd be fine with yourself or a family member having to live through potentially decades of what can amount to almost total personality loss, chronic memory loss, incontinence, complete dependence on carers, the inability to follow even the most basic of conversation (you get the picture)? To me that's worse than any physical pain as at least then you can still rationalise the things that are happening to you and know that it will end eventually... When your mind has gone, you are truly lost.

3. Ok, fair enough!

1. That's why i've used the words "indirectly promoting". The government won't be asking people to commit euthanasia but allowing that option they are indirectly promoting it.

2.I wouldn't be okay with the situation because it's a very sad situation. I just wouldnt be okay with myself or my family member decided to do euthanasia. Even if you're suffering your life will remain precious.

1. directly or indirectly, I don't agree that being neutral on a subject is promoting. By your logic, the government is indirectly promoting orgies... Ok then! I'm promoting a stranger spitting in my sandwich because I've not expressly asked him not to... Ok then!

2. I hope you never have to encounter that situation, but if you do, I have a feeling that you're gonna change your mind... I'm not sure how anyone can define the symptoms I've laid out above as 'precious'... Can being reduced to an eating/shitting/sleeping machine even be defined as life, in any meaningful sense of the word...?

And this is a pattern I see with a lot of your posts. You are quite fixed in your opinions even when other's with much more 1st hand experience are offering you more informed views... You like to shoot from the hip, then play defence... I remember you saying something a while back that people below the poverty line should 'just get a better job' (or something to that effect) - really, just a super-lazy, anti-nuance stance on a very complicated topic.

Don't get me wrong, I think overall you are a great contributor to the site, and I believe that you are becoming more reasonable over time - though I still see the cocksureness and stubbornness of a young man.

Just my 2 cents!

CaptainExplosion said:

This man and his innocent child drowned at the boarder because all they wanted was a better life, but Trump's white supremacist policies kept them from their much-needed asylum.

Trump obviously sleeps like a baby at night, knowing he's caused such horrors as this for Latin Americans.

Republicans, their blood is on your hands.

I think you missed the part where Trump blamed the Democrats on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOwHPLxEwtQ

They ruled that they can't get involved in the gerrymandering and that the Trump administration needs to explain more about why they want to add the citizenship question so for now it can't be on the census.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

He'll probably even blame Democrats for the fact that his treatment of migrants is essentially like what the Nazis did to Jews.

And regardless of what Meghan McCain said about it not being meant as a torture chamber, it's still torturous for everyone locked in there, and it's one gas chamber away from being exactly like a Nazi concentration camp.

We have a lot of immigrants coming through. Giving them a number is just a way to keep things more organized.

Our immigration centers suck and need more money. The house and senate have pass a 4.5-4.6 billion dollar bill that would give more resources so more detention centers are likely to be built and more resources given to them.

CaptainExplosion said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

He'll probably even blame Democrats for the fact that his treatment of migrants is essentially like what the Nazis did to Jews.

And regardless of what Meghan McCain said about it not being meant as a torture chamber, it's still torturous for everyone locked in there, and it's one gas chamber away from being exactly like a Nazi concentration camp.

What an ignorant comparison,very unrespectfull to the victims of the holocaust.

Be proud of yourself using those victims as weight for another hyperbole comparison.

jason1637 said:

I guess the courts are trying to send a message.

RolStoppable said:
Machiavellian said:

I guess the courts are trying to send a message.

Not familiar with the rulings each given state can give, but could this case have had any other outcome?

You do know what country this is happening in, yes? It's the United States, our justice system is fucked beyond belief. There absolutely could have been other outcomes. He could have gotten off with just a few years or less, or gotten off with just a stern warning if he got the right judge.