By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Pemalite said:
jason1637 said:

1. I get that you were making an example but I just pointed out it's not a very good one since there is gun control. The Atheist example is also pretty bad because you're not the government. 

You are worrying to much about semantics and missing the point entirely. - You don't need to be the Government.

jason1637 said:

2. But if the person that wants to end their life wants it to be by a gunshow why would you not be okay with it? You're whole argument is based on giving people choices when they are suffering. If you want to really give people the option they should be allowed to commit suicide whatever method they like.

I have already given a legitimate answer on why I would not be okay with it, please go back and re-read that explanation rather than having to repeat myself.

jason1637 said:

3. I don't agree with it because I don't think the government should legalize people killing themselves even if they are suffering.

Making it illegal to kill yourself doesn't change a damn thing, what is the Government going to do when someone illegally kills themselves? Put them in jail?
....Think about this long and hard for a moment.

jason1637 said:

4. Well it sucks for those in that situation. The best they can do is trust their Doctor and hope for the best. It might be hard but those around them and the person should try to make the best out of their situation.

Having more options on the table isn't a bad thing.

jason1637 said:

5. Well even if im kinda dictating upon other I oppose people ending their life. Even if they are suffering their life is precious and they should stay optimistic.

But how is it even your concern? Life is certainly precious, life living in extensive, constant pain is certainly a not a life worth living.

jason1637 said:

6. Meh, Science doesnt have an answer to everything.

Science is just the explanation of the natural world using the scientific process, what it doesn't know today, they will know tomorrow.

1. Yes you do need to be the government to get the point across. Like if the government had no laws regarding gay marriage or murder then the government would be indirectly promoting a anti gay and pro murder agenda to it's people. If you're atheist and don't really discuss your view on God then you're not really promoting anything but if you do commonly discuss that you don't believe in any of the current religions then you're promoting this view.

2. Yeah but you're answer is hypocritical. You basically said that you don't support this form because its loud, messy, and there are more humane ways. But late rin the same post you said I was in the wrong for dictating my views on euthanasia on those that are suffering. So what i'm trying to say if you really support those who are suffering then you should support them making the choice to go however they want even if you might not agree with it.

3. Yeah they can't do anything if they actually kill themselves but by it being illegally it makes it harder for them to do so.

4. Not if the option is ending your life.

5. If you make the best out of it your life might still kinda suck bit it's better than nothing.

6. And sometimes science gets things wrong and has to change stances.

Around the Network

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-passes-4-5-billion-border-funding-bill-live-updates-today-2019-06-25/ House passed a $4.5b border funding bill.
That's pretty much the amount that different departments asked for to deal with the problems occurring from our border detention centers becoming overcrowded. Trump did ask for more funding earlier this week so the bill will probably become law if it pases the Senate

jason1637 said:

1. Yes you do need to be the government to get the point across. Like if the government had no laws regarding gay marriage or murder then the government would be indirectly promoting a anti gay and pro murder agenda to it's people. If you're atheist and don't really discuss your view on God then you're not really promoting anything but if you do commonly discuss that you don't believe in any of the current religions then you're promoting this view.

Disagree.

jason1637 said:

2. Yeah but you're answer is hypocritical. You basically said that you don't support this form because its loud, messy, and there are more humane ways. But late rin the same post you said I was in the wrong for dictating my views on euthanasia on those that are suffering. So what i'm trying to say if you really support those who are suffering then you should support them making the choice to go however they want even if you might not agree with it.

Again. You missed the point of contention.
What other people wish to do with their lives is ultimately not my concern (Or yours!) provided it doesn't impact the lives of others.

A gun shot to the head most certainly impacts others, people like myself get called to those incidents to assist in cleanup, wiping brains splattered against a wall isn't fun, okay?

Chemical based approaches are cleaner, more humane.

jason1637 said:

3. Yeah they can't do anything if they actually kill themselves but by it being illegally it makes it harder for them to do so.

Not really. It's not any easier or more difficult than pulling a trigger of a gun, driving a car off a bridge, jumping off a cliff, taking an entire bottle of prescription medicine... The list goes on.

jason1637 said:

Disagree.

jason1637 said:

5. If you make the best out of it your life might still kinda suck bit it's better than nothing.

If you are in such extensive pain 24/7 that you cannot even form a single coherent word other than screaming... Nothing is often a better alternative.

jason1637 said:

Yes. That is a strength of science, certainly not a weakness. - Those who adhere to religious indoctrination tend to take the opposite approach and claim that the science is false as it contradicts their belief.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Religious freedom and free speech!

Sporting legend, Israel Folau is fighting the right to religious freedom and free speech. 
Folau's new fund has raised over $2 million to help fight for religious freedom and over turn his ban by the Rugby tribunal for voicing his religious freedom.

Folau is a hero and he should be praised for standing up against political correctness.
In the 1990s and even 2000s he would have the right to voice his opinions but not now!

The Modern world sucks and the leftist media have too much control.
If anyone says anything that the thought police do not agree with  they get silenced.
That is not a democratic society, that is tyranny, censorship of a totalitarian state like China or Soviet Union.

America and Europe have its own controversial figures that are fighting for religious freedom and the right to free speech in a over sensitive, censored leftist media environment.
Trump speaks his mind and he stands up against political correctness and he voices his opinions and does not care what the sensitive thought police think!

Some facts:

* Free speech has NEVER entitled you to say whatever you desire without restriction, free speech in-fact has a ton of restrictions.

* Religious freedom also includes freedom FROM religion. - Keep your religion to yourself maybe?

* There is plenty of right-wing media outlets, probably just as much as left-wing outlets, the incessant whinging about the left controlling the media is getting pretty droll at this point, find something legitimate to complain about. - Or start your own right-wing media news source.

* I don't know who this Falau person is, don't really care to be honest. - Clearly an individual who can raise millions of dollars isn't having their free speech restricted are they? They clearly got their message out.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

It is free speech when your supporters agree with it and it is hate speech when your opponents disagree with it.
Free speech to one person could be regarded as hate speech to another person.
We all have different opinions on different issues and no one is right or wrong, just different opinions.

Israel Folau is a leading figure in Rugby League, he has earned $12 million over his 10 year playing career.
He has used his profile to voice his religious views and has received public backlash from people who disagree with his views.
$2+ million raised in his campaign is proof that there are people that agree with his right to express his views.
So what there are many people that do not believe in or support Israel Folau.

jason1637 said:

Pemalite is doing a commendable job of trying to move you away from what in my opinion are some pretty naive views, but thought I'd add a couple of points.

1. If the government doesn't have a law saying that I can't take a dump into my sock drawer then does that mean they are indirectly promoting that act? You seem to be saying yes!

2. There's a difference between someone taking their life on their own, (which in many cases will be an impulsive act, potentially under the influence of alcohol or other drug, or a particularly bad bout of depression or mania) and a planned euthanasia... I watched a documentary not so long ago about a man with ALS (if I recall correctly) who left the UK to have a Swiss organisation called Dignitas help him end his life. During the lengthy process there were multiple interviews and checks done to ensure that he understood the full ramifications of what was about to happen to ensure he was of sound mind and control over his decisions.

I personally wouldn't be against euthanasia involving someone shooting themselves if that's the way they wanted to go... The important thing to me is that that decision is made when a person is in their right mind, who has truly come to terms with their decision as opposed to someone who's just been dumped by their girlfriend and drank a bottle of Jack...

Also, there's a lot of mention of pain here as the main motivator for a person wanting to end their life, though degenerative mental diseases are also a massive reason. I've had multiple grandparents with progressed dementia and let me tell you, I wouldn't want to live long enough to not recognise direct family members or to be randomly terrified by a nurse who's opened the door too quickly... I think most reasonable people would agree, that in that scenario, life is anything but precious... And I resent the fact that you think that I or anyone else should just have to live through that shit!

Decide your own fate, have the courtesy to let others do the same.

3. And so would stricter gun control - who's being hypocritical now?

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
jason1637 said:

Disagree.

jason1637 said:

Again. You missed the point of contention.
What other people wish to do with their lives is ultimately not my concern (Or yours!) provided it doesn't impact the lives of others.

A gun shot to the head most certainly impacts others, people like myself get called to those incidents to assist in cleanup, wiping brains splattered against a wall isn't fun, okay?

Chemical based approaches are cleaner, more humane.

jason1637 said:

Not really. It's not any easier or more difficult than pulling a trigger of a gun, driving a car off a bridge, jumping off a cliff, taking an entire bottle of prescription medicine... The list goes on.

jason1637 said:

Disagree.

jason1637 said:

If you are in such extensive pain 24/7 that you cannot even form a single coherent word other than screaming... Nothing is often a better alternative.

jason1637 said:

Yes. That is a strength of science, certainly not a weakness. - Those who adhere to religious indoctrination tend to take the opposite approach and claim that the science is false as it contradicts their belief.

2. So you're opposed to someone suffering wanting to end their life because you'd have to do your job and clean after? That sounds pretty selfish.

3. But were talking about those in the hospital who are experiencing severe pain. It's harder for them to kill themselves if euthanasia is illegal.

5. You don't need to talk to make the best of your situation. Like i've said already the pain sucks but try to make the best out of your situation.

6. I can't really speak for other religions besides catholicism. Yeah there are people that denounce science but these people are really rare. Most Catholics support science.

Biggerboat1 said:
jason1637 said:

Pemalite is doing a commendable job of trying to move you away from what in my opinion are some pretty naive views, but thought I'd add a couple of points.

1. If the government doesn't have a law saying that I can't take a dump into my sock drawer then does that mean they are indirectly promoting that act? You seem to be saying yes!

2. There's a difference between someone taking their life on their own, (which in many cases will be an impulsive act, potentially under the influence of alcohol or other drug, or a particularly bad bout of depression or mania) and a planned euthanasia... I watched a documentary not so long ago about a man with ALS (if I recall correctly) who left the UK to have a Swiss organisation called Dignitas help him end his life. During the lengthy process there were multiple interviews and checks done to ensure that he understood the full ramifications of what was about to happen to ensure he was of sound mind and control over his decisions.

I personally wouldn't be against euthanasia involving someone shooting themselves if that's the way they wanted to go... The important thing to me is that that decision is made when a person is in their right mind, who has truly come to terms with their decision as opposed to someone who's just been dumped by their girlfriend and drank a bottle of Jack...

Also, there's a lot of mention of pain here as the main motivator for a person wanting to end their life, though degenerative mental diseases are also a massive reason. I've had multiple grandparents with progressed dementia and let me tell you, I wouldn't want to live long enough to not recognise direct family members or to be randomly terrified by a nurse who's opened the door too quickly... I think most reasonable people would agree, that in that scenario, life is anything but precious... And I resent the fact that you think that I or anyone else should just have to live through that shit!

1. Well the government having no laws dictating what you can and cannot do with your sock drawer shows that they are promoting personal freedom and allowing you do do what you want with things that you own even if it involves taking a shit in a sock drawer.

2. I know the difference. But most people who support euthanasia support it because they believe that the patient suffering should be given the choice to end their suffering. That's why I found it hypocritical that Pemalite supports euthanasia but only if it's methods that he likes. Even though I don't agree with euthanasia at least you're consistent when it comes to someone shooting themselves or using less messy ways.

3. I do support gun control as long as the legislation is not a burden to people 2nd amendment rights. Maybe a few weeks ago I would have supported it less but the-pi-guy made a pretty good argument for different types of gun control that don't take away peoples rights.

jason1637 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

1. Well the government having no laws dictating what you can and cannot do with your sock drawer shows that they are promoting personal freedom and allowing you do do what you want with things that you own even if it involves taking a shit in a sock drawer.

2. I know the difference. But most people who support euthanasia support it because they believe that the patient suffering should be given the choice to end their suffering. That's why I found it hypocritical that Pemalite supports euthanasia but only if it's methods that he likes. Even though I don't agree with euthanasia at least you're consistent when it comes to someone shooting themselves or using less messy ways.

3. I do support gun control as long as the legislation is not a burden to people 2nd amendment rights. Maybe a few weeks ago I would have supported it less but the-pi-guy made a pretty good argument for different types of gun control that don't take away peoples rights.

1. I think you're stretching the definition of the word 'promotion' to a pretty ludicrous degree...

2. I won't speak for Pemalite but I think it's pretty obvious from his various pots that he has other reasons for backing legal euthanasia other than it leaving less of a mess...

Also, just to be clear, on the dementia front, you'd be fine with yourself or a family member having to live through potentially decades of what can amount to almost total personality loss, chronic memory loss, incontinence, complete dependence on carers, the inability to follow even the most basic of conversation (you get the picture)? To me that's worse than any physical pain as at least then you can still rationalise the things that are happening to you and know that it will end eventually... When your mind has gone, you are truly lost.

3. Ok, fair enough!

CaptainExplosion said:

This man and his innocent child drowned at the boarder because all they wanted was a better life, but Trump's white supremacist policies kept them from their much-needed asylum.

Trump obviously sleeps like a baby at night, knowing he's caused such horrors as this for Latin Americans.

Republicans, their blood is on your hands.

Trump has done bad things on immigration but I don't see how this is one of them. His immigration didn't drown these people. The man took his child over a body of water and put him and his kid in danger and they died. This is the father's fault for being a bad parent.ye

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:

Trump has done bad things on immigration but I don't see how this is one of them. His immigration didn't drown these people. The man took his child over a body of water and put him and his kid in danger and they died. This is the father's fault for being a bad parent.ye

Sure, go ahead, blame the victim.

When this story was presented at tonight's democratic debate Trump brushed it off. He just doesn't give a shit about non-whites dying from his toxic policies.

How is this his toxic policy? Dude was told that the bridge was closed and that he came come back Monday but the guy risked his and his daughters life by jumping into the water. They werent even denied asylum or anything they just had to come back on another day.