By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Moren said:

There's never a response. It's essentially an automatic reply of "Moderate Dems are bad and their policies are a failure!" regardless of the question being asked.

"Moderate Democrats" are also a very large category that's by no means synonymous with the neoliberal ones. Lots of moderate Democrats (including myself) voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 and 2020 primaries.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 20 February 2021

Around the Network
vivster said:

What a clown fiesta. How is Manchin the only vote against her? He should be the last person to vote against her, yet here we are.

Be thankful someone is opposing her. If I was a congressman, I'd probably shit all over Strom Thurmond's record fili attempting to keep her away from the position. 

AOC in Texas, helping were she can, feet on the ground, making it clear she is also out to educate the people of Texas on what the Reps have been doing on energy security particularly how it relates to climate change, a lesson and a story for the whole US  

Pathetic liberals trying to claim moral high ground by helping people who can't even vote for them. Such a transparent and partisan move. That way we will never have unity.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Pathetic liberals trying to claim moral high ground by helping people who can't even vote for them. Such a transparent and partisan move. That way we will never have unity.

What do you mean by that?

If you mean to say that Texas will vote Republican anyway, think again. Texas has been pulling more and more to the democrats, and just by continuing the current trend, Texas will be a toss-up in 2024. Actions like these could actually lead to the democrats flipping the country, closing off pretty much any path the republicans have to presidency right now.

To elaborate further: Biden lost by less than 6 points, Hillary by 9 points and Obama even 12 and 16 points. Texas is turning more and more blue at a fast pace. And due to it's weight in the electoral college, losing Texas would be devastating for the Republicans.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 22 February 2021

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

What do you mean by that?

If you mean to say that Texas will vote Republican anyway, think again. Texas has been pulling more and more to the democrats, and just by continuing the current trend, Texas will be a toss-up in 2024. Actions like these could actually lead to the democrats flipping the country, closing off pretty much any path the republicans have to presidency right now.

To elaborate further: Biden lost by less than 6 points, Hillary by 9 points and Obama even 12 and 16 points. Texas is turning more and more blue at a fast pace. And due to it's weight in the electoral college, losing Texas would be devastating for the Republicans.

Not just the presidency, but the Senate too.

You just know that when Cruz is up for reelection in '24, that these past few days are going to come back to bite him in the ass. Especially considering how Beto, along with AOC, have been the ones putting forth the active effort trying to get residents across the state the help they desperately need due to the storm. This is going to make for 'PERFECT' political smearing ad material. "Cancun Cruz" is going to dominate Texas ads for months on end when we get there.

The last midterm race was already very close, the closest statewide race in over 40 years. Cruz only won by 2.6% over Beto. With all that has happened since then, If Beto decides to run again, I actually think he could win. It is a very real possibility. Cruz's approval numbers in Texas were already dipping to the mid 40s amongst all voters, which is where Trump's approval numbers across the country were on November 3rd.

And this was BEFORE the storm, imagine where it is now. If things continue trend like this, not only could Beto win, he might even be the odds-on favorite.

I'll believe it when I see it. Southern states have a knack for ignoring reality and voting Republican against all odds.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Southern states have a knack for ignoring reality and voting Republican against all odds.

I was pretty much going to say the same thing.  I will say this because of the California migration to Texas, they have been in play way more then they have in the past so the chance is there to go blue but if conservatives are anything like they have shone so far, it will take way more than running to cancun during a cold snap to get them to elect a Dem, at best it would be another GOP running against cruz.

Machiavellian said:
vivster said:

I was pretty much going to say the same thing.  I will say this because of the California migration to Texas, they have been in play way more then they have in the past so the chance is there to go blue but if conservatives are anything like they have shone so far, it will take way more than running to cancun during a cold snap to get them to elect a Dem, at best it would be another GOP running against cruz.

Exactly. Republicans in Texas will not change their votes. The blue shift comes from an influx of Mexicans and blue states who vote blue. If Republican voters in Texas voted based on fitness to serve or human compassion then Texas wouldn't be a red state.

Ted Cruz could rape a child on an open street and he would probably increase his votes by claiming the child was a communist.

CaptainExplosion said:

Here's something hopefully Biden can put a stop to:

You have no idea how sick I am of these out of touch boomers trying to get rid of video games for featuring even the slightest bit of violence.

They kicked up a storm over a game having tiddies and we're no longer getting those games without jumping through a bunch of bullshit hoops to get them. 

If they do nothing, I will laugh at them. What on Earth makes violent games any less of a threat than showing some skin? 

But seriously, don't @ me.