By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KLAMarine said:
Runa216 said:
"There are few people in this world more dangerous than those in power who believe they are oppressed." Too true. Because when you're in power and have the ability to control the narrative, it's even easier to blame those not in power and get people on your side.

That is exactly what we're seeing here with "All Lives Matter" And a handful of people on this forum. People will all the privilege in the world acting like having to share some of it is the same as oppression. Dumbasses who have never been persecuted a day in their life crying foul because underrepresented groups are demanding representation. IT's not self-hatred to say 'yeah, maybe whites are overrepresented' or 'maybe we shouldn't have all the power'. Anyone who believes it is just wants to protect the status quo because change is not in their favour, even if it is fair.

Seriously. Change needs to happen in this world. Will we find a perfect solution immediately? Hell naw. Adjustments need to be made in order to find that proper balance, and finding said balance will take work and time. Is there a chance that we'll offset the balance in the opposite direction prior to finding harmony? Almost certainly. I just wish more people had the perspective needed to understand that we are still in the process of finding equality and that it will be rough. Anyone bitching and moaning like a scorned child because the changes happening right now are in someone else's favour should really read a history book, or a psychology book, or a sociology book, or an ecological book, or an accounting book, or some books about the economy.

It's easy to pretend that everything is fine the way it is when you've never experienced persecution or have miraculously found a way out of poverty against all odds. It's easy to say 'I did it, so anyone can' despite that clearly, functionally, provably not being the case. It takes work to make things right, those fighting change - even change that isn't perfect but is in quest for trule equality - are lazy and selfish. They don't want equality, they are greedy.

As a white person I say this: We're lucky those who have been oppressed only want equality, not revenge. Unfortunately, some people out there feel these two things are the same. They are not, and it makes me so infuriated that I feel the need to point this out what seems like once a week to so many people.

"Adjustments need to be made in order to find that proper balance"

>What does a proper balance look like?

That's what we need to find. What we have is definitely not it, but trying to stifle all attempts to find said balance is doing a grave disservice to the people of this world. So much of what I find infuriating about your points - and the points of the handful of people I keep arguing with - is that your stance really is 'well, any change might be off-balance in the opposite direction so it's therefore wrong. and in a manner of speaking I agree with that. IT would be equally as bad for white people or males or straight people or cis people to be persecuted for who they are. the thing is, nobody wants that. It just seems that way because for some reason people can't seem to understand these issues as more than binary.

The only way it seems to be that these issues get debated is that BLM wants whites to be killed and treated like shit becuase black people have been treated like shit forever. that is NOT what they want. Sure, there are always outliers, but do you distrust every person you meet because some people are murderers? The only way these issues get discussed is by using strawmen - and I admit I have found myself using them as well because it seems to be the only language some people understand. 

BLM doesn't want black power, they want equality, yet people paint them as radicals to delegitimize their quest. The protests by BLM are not violent, even if a handful of people do get violent and a few outliers are making them look bad (or alt-right trolls do). BLM means Black Lives Matter. Not ONLY black lives matter, yet the 'All Lives Matter' crowd are treating it as such. that was never the goal, but it's the only way to paint BLM as the enemy and make them a target. 

Defund the police isn't about completely removing police presence, but rebuilding the systems to work better while redistributing funds into preventative measures that might limit or combat crime before it happens. Yet, the argument that seems to be chanted or understood by the opposition is that they're doing something they're not, that they stand for something they don't. The concept being argued against is not what the concept stands for. 

Liberals and SJWs and Democrats don't want to take away your freedom or force you to think like them, they don't want to criminalize being white or male or whatever. They're not trying to force you to think like they do, the purpose of so many of these SJWs (as the alt-right likes to call them) is to try to enact social action that makes the world a better place for EVERYONe. Every religion, every gender, every sexuality, etc. 

Gays, LEsbians, trans people, and everything in between just want the right to love and be loved and have that love acknowledged by the powers that be. They don't give a shit if you're gay, they don't want to force your kid to be trans, and no they're NOT checking you out. You're probably gross to them and have no idea how to pair pork with the perfect Bordeaux. They never wanted to make a world where Homosexual or trans was the default, they have no intention of 'ruining the fabric of traditional marriage', they just want a world where THEY can be gay or trans without feeling like they need to hide it or be afraid when they go out at night. They want acceptance, not power. they want respect, not control. 

The only way to fight these causes is to delegitimize them by portraying them as something they're not. You're one of the worst for it I've ever seen, which is why I am so furious with you and Dolphin and Zoombael and so many others in this thread. You are not arguing against the things you think you are. I don't engage with most of your points because they are predicated on your weirdly misrepresentative concept of the thing you're arguing against instead of the thing you are actually combatting. Your points don't get any respect for me because they are attacking a strawman, not the actual points you're trying to make. 

I said it before and I'll say it again: you need to be better. you need to do better. you need to understand what it is you're fighting against. Your views of what things are, what is happening, and what people want out of these protests and so many other things is not based on reality, it's some weird alt-right fantasy the movement has made to justify their hatred and vigilance against something that SHOULD be universally agreed upon. 

Black Lives Matter, I never thought I'd be seriously arguing with someone who has a problem with that point. Then again, the point so many here argue isn't whether or not black lives matter or whether the protests are justified, it's this weird nonsense version of the idea that BLM really means ONLY Black Lives Matter or that white Lives don't matter. This is absurd, and you need to do better. You'll never grow as a person if you don't understand this. 

And if you DO understand this and still have a problem with what's going on, then you're at least a little bit bigoted and you're going to have to come to terms with that. I know everyone's a little bit racist sometimes, but have you tried keeping that shit to yourself? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLAMarine said:

"Adjustments need to be made in order to find that proper balance"

>What does a proper balance look like?

That's what we need to find. What we have is definitely not it, but trying to stifle all attempts to find said balance is doing a grave disservice to the people of this world. So much of what I find infuriating about your points - and the points of the handful of people I keep arguing with - is that your stance really is 'well, any change might be off-balance in the opposite direction so it's therefore wrong. and in a manner of speaking I agree with that. IT would be equally as bad for white people or males or straight people or cis people to be persecuted for who they are. the thing is, nobody wants that. It just seems that way because for some reason people can't seem to understand these issues as more than binary.

The only way it seems to be that these issues get debated is that BLM wants whites to be killed and treated like shit becuase black people have been treated like shit forever. that is NOT what they want. Sure, there are always outliers, but do you distrust every person you meet because some people are murderers? The only way these issues get discussed is by using strawmen - and I admit I have found myself using them as well because it seems to be the only language some people understand. 

BLM doesn't want black power, they want equality, yet people paint them as radicals to delegitimize their quest. The protests by BLM are not violent, even if a handful of people do get violent and a few outliers are making them look bad (or alt-right trolls do). BLM means Black Lives Matter. Not ONLY black lives matter, yet the 'All Lives Matter' crowd are treating it as such. that was never the goal, but it's the only way to paint BLM as the enemy and make them a target. 

Defund the police isn't about completely removing police presence, but rebuilding the systems to work better while redistributing funds into preventative measures that might limit or combat crime before it happens. Yet, the argument that seems to be chanted or understood by the opposition is that they're doing something they're not, that they stand for something they don't. The concept being argued against is not what the concept stands for. 

Liberals and SJWs and Democrats don't want to take away your freedom or force you to think like them, they don't want to criminalize being white or male or whatever. They're not trying to force you to think like they do, the purpose of so many of these SJWs (as the alt-right likes to call them) is to try to enact social action that makes the world a better place for EVERYONe. Every religion, every gender, every sexuality, etc. 

Gays, LEsbians, trans people, and everything in between just want the right to love and be loved and have that love acknowledged by the powers that be. They don't give a shit if you're gay, they don't want to force your kid to be trans, and no they're NOT checking you out. You're probably gross to them and have no idea how to pair pork with the perfect Bordeaux. They never wanted to make a world where Homosexual or trans was the default, they have no intention of 'ruining the fabric of traditional marriage', they just want a world where THEY can be gay or trans without feeling like they need to hide it or be afraid when they go out at night. They want acceptance, not power. they want respect, not control. 

The only way to fight these causes is to delegitimize them by portraying them as something they're not. You're one of the worst for it I've ever seen, which is why I am so furious with you and Dolphin and Zoombael and so many others in this thread. You are not arguing against the things you think you are. I don't engage with most of your points because they are predicated on your weirdly misrepresentative concept of the thing you're arguing against instead of the thing you are actually combatting. Your points don't get any respect for me because they are attacking a strawman, not the actual points you're trying to make. 

I said it before and I'll say it again: you need to be better. you need to do better. you need to understand what it is you're fighting against. Your views of what things are, what is happening, and what people want out of these protests and so many other things is not based on reality, it's some weird alt-right fantasy the movement has made to justify their hatred and vigilance against something that SHOULD be universally agreed upon. 

Black Lives Matter, I never thought I'd be seriously arguing with someone who has a problem with that point. Then again, the point so many here argue isn't whether or not black lives matter or whether the protests are justified, it's this weird nonsense version of the idea that BLM really means ONLY Black Lives Matter or that white Lives don't matter. This is absurd, and you need to do better. You'll never grow as a person if you don't understand this. 

And if you DO understand this and still have a problem with what's going on, then you're at least a little bit bigoted and you're going to have to come to terms with that. I know everyone's a little bit racist sometimes, but have you tried keeping that shit to yourself? 

"So much of what I find infuriating about your points ... is that your stance really is 'well, any change might be off-balance in the opposite direction so it's therefore wrong'"

>How did you ever come to such a conclusion? I wish to know because that's not at all my stance.

KLAMarine said:

"So much of what I find infuriating about your points ... is that your stance really is 'well, any change might be off-balance in the opposite direction so it's therefore wrong'"

>How did you ever come to such a conclusion? I wish to know because that's not at all my stance.

Then you need to do a much better job communicating, becuase that's the impression that I get. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Some of y'all need to watch John Oliver. Apparently, according to I think politifact or something (I need to find my source), those who watch John Oliver's show are the best educated on modern matters. Yeah, he's a comedian, but so was John Stewart and his show got equal praise.

Seriously, check out his youtube, it'll give a pretty thorough explanation of what's going on. Yes it's a liberal show, but it is very good about showing the facts and focusing on that.

Well, that's the most pretentious thing I've ever read.

What makes you think that you're educated on modern matters? Something tells me that, like every other expert out there, you live in a wee bubble and don't have a clue about what goes on in the world outside it.

And, looking at your posts, I have to wonder why you've not been banned. Your passive-aggressive and holier-than-thou attitude is trash.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 September 2020

RJTM1991 said:
Runa216 said:
Some of y'all need to watch John Oliver. Apparently, according to I think politifact or something (I need to find my source), those who watch John Oliver's show are the best educated on modern matters. Yeah, he's a comedian, but so was John Stewart and his show got equal praise.

Seriously, check out his youtube, it'll give a pretty thorough explanation of what's going on. Yes it's a liberal show, but it is very good about showing the facts and focusing on that.

What makes you think that you're educated on modern matters? Something tells me that, like every other expert out there, you live in a wee bubble and don't have a clue about what goes on in the world outside it.

And, looking at your posts, I have to wonder why you've not been banned. Your passive-aggressive and holier-than-thou attitude is trash.

I've been banned dozens of times for exactly that. The thing is, I'm right. I know how to search for actual, reliable sources instead of biased ones. I know how to parse my search results to get the RIGHT answer, when it appears people like you only accept the sources that agree with you. 

As I said, John Oliver has a history of being accurate and properly representing the issues, he just does so in a way that is comedic. That shouldn't devalue the information presented in his show. Facts are facts, you can chose to ignore them based on the source, but that's on you. I'm holier than thou because people like you clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about; to people like you, I'm wrong not because of the quality of my sources or my ability to sift through information and get the right message from it, but because I don't agree with you. 

It shouldn't be considered arrogant to know you're right if you have the ability to actually understand the difference between facts and feelings. I don't see how it's pretentious to go where the actual information leads you. It should not be a bad thing to not be ignorant. People like you make it very difficult to have any sense of pride in one's own abilities, because people like you are wrong and so convinced you're right that anyone else that feels the same way but disagrees is the enemy regardless of the quality of their sources or their credentials. 

I'm not just some fool waving my personal feelings around. I'm arrogant because I'm right. I'm cocky because I know for a fact that I have the intelligence needed to differentiate between good resources and bad. I'm sure of myself because I am fairly regularly changing my views based on new evidence regardless of my personal feelings on the matter. It just so happens to be that there's no compelling new evidence or arguments on this forum yet bad information keeps getting passed around like fact, logical fallacies are everywhere, and entirely too many people think they know what the fuck they're talking about despite that clearly not being true. 

**Edit** And if that's the most pretentious thing you've ever read, holy shit pick up a book. That's not even remotely pretentious. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
RJTM1991 said:

I've been banned dozens of times for exactly that. The thing is, I'm right. I know how to search for actual, reliable sources instead of biased ones. I know how to parse my search results to get the RIGHT answer, when it appears people like you only accept the sources that agree with you. 

As I said, John Oliver has a history of being accurate and properly representing the issues, he just does so in a way that is comedic. That shouldn't devalue the information presented in his show. Facts are facts, you can chose to ignore them based on the source, but that's on you. I'm holier than thou because people like you clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about; to people like you, I'm wrong not because of the quality of my sources or my ability to sift through information and get the right message from it, but because I don't agree with you. 

It shouldn't be considered arrogant to know you're right if you have the ability to actually understand the difference between facts and feelings. I don't see how it's pretentious to go where the actual information leads you. It should not be a bad thing to not be ignorant. People like you make it very difficult to have any sense of pride in one's own abilities, because people like you are wrong and so convinced you're right that anyone else that feels the same way but disagrees is the enemy regardless of the quality of their sources or their credentials. 

I'm not just some fool waving my personal feelings around. I'm arrogant because I'm right. I'm cocky because I know for a fact that I have the intelligence needed to differentiate between good resources and bad. I'm sure of myself because I am fairly regularly changing my views based on new evidence regardless of my personal feelings on the matter. It just so happens to be that there's no compelling new evidence or arguments on this forum yet bad information keeps getting passed around like fact, logical fallacies are everywhere, and entirely too many people think they know what the fuck they're talking about despite that clearly not being true. 

No, that's you.

And no, you don't know anything. Again, I think you live in a bubble. Your attitude shows that. Nothing you've typed makes me think otherwise.

We're at the stage now where it's no longer about politics, it's about right and wrong. And what the Democrats are doing is 100% wrong. You can sit on your high horse and talk down to people, but that just shows your ignorance. People like you are quick to judge and aren't willing to look at the world through other people's eyes. You're right and everyone else is wrong.

Dividing communities? Sexualizing children? Censoring people with opposing views and opinions? Rioting? Killing? Looting?

No. That's just wrong.

It's even at the stage now where saying you're a Liberal is essentially admitting to being a pervert. Look at the Me Too movement. Just about every man involved was a Liberal who abused his power. The shooting victims were perverts/paedophiles. The three martyrs abused women. The EVO guy likes little boys and the Smash community is rotten with it.

You can't say you're right when that's happening.

Runa216 said:
RJTM1991 said:

**Edit** And if that's the most pretentious thing you've ever read, holy shit pick up a book. That's not even remotely pretentious. 

Also, just because you're white and privileged, doesn't mean that everyone who shares your skin colour is as well.

Lastly, O Mr. Fister. A quick Google search just ended this conversation. Saw your Reddit. You are exactly what I thought. 

RJTM1991 said:
Runa216 said:

Also, just because you're white and privileged, doesn't mean that everyone who shares your skin colour is as well.

Lastly, O Mr. Fister. A quick Google search just ended this conversation. Saw your Reddit. You are exactly what I thought. 

This is targeted harassment.

Moren said:
RJTM1991 said:

I thought cancel culture was the in thing nowadays? Or does that only apply to the other side?

I see this so many times. Guy virtue signals and ends up being guilty.

RJTM1991 said:
Moren said:

I thought cancel culture was the in thing nowadays? Or does that only apply to the other side?

I see this so many times. Guy virtue signals and ends up being guilty.

Guilty of what?