By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
coolbeans said:
Runa216 said:
If this is discussion about the Kenosha killer dude...yeah. Guys, he literally was a minor with an AR-15 assault rifle, deliberately travelling to a location with intent to stir up shit. Whether the actual 'killing' was in self defense or not, literally everything I've read on the matter makes it clear he went to Kenosha with bad intents. He WANTED someone to attack him. he WANTED an excuse to kill someone.

What happened beyond that is irrelevant, when it comes to culpability. If you are defending him, then you are on the wrong side. Period. Fullstop.

Hilarious to bring up the 'wrong side of history' after such dishonest framing here.  It doesn't matter what justified responses a person makes (duty to retreat, etc.) to some of you people; if he's not in the club no excuse will satisfy.  

Kyle Rittenhouse was absolutely defending himself and the ire ought to be on the now-maimed & killed dips who escalated this situation.  Period.

So just to be clear, you are saying that Kyle is totally clear in what he was doing.  Meaning that he armed himself with a Assault Rifle traveled to an area he did not live, went to a location where people were protesting.  Are you saying that none of his actions had anything to do with the conflict that happen and he was this innocent 17 year old boy looking for peace and love.

Around the Network
vivster said:
JWeinCom said:

It probably should not be followed because in North Carolina at least it's a felony punishable by up to two years in prison...

Then that law needs to be abolished unless they have a guarantee that your mail ballot counts.

Not really.

To my knowledge there is no convincing evidence that votes won't be counted. Not sure how they would prove that they are not.

But, if you are not convinced that mail in voting will be counted, then there is already a solution to that problem. In person voting. Doing both is an attempt at fraud that makes for longer waits and higher costs for everyone.

Some of y'all need to watch John Oliver. Apparently, according to I think politifact or something (I need to find my source), those who watch John Oliver's show are the best educated on modern matters. Yeah, he's a comedian, but so was John Stewart and his show got equal praise.

Seriously, check out his youtube, it'll give a pretty thorough explanation of what's going on. Yes it's a liberal show, but it is very good about showing the facts and focusing on that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ka-pi96 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Context?

I mean, I just see a blurry picture in the subway. What's the problem with that?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-subway-attack-black-lives-matter-antifa-protests-nyc-a9697496.html

Runa216 said:
Some of y'all need to watch John Oliver. Apparently, according to I think politifact or something (I need to find my source), those who watch John Oliver's show are the best educated on modern matters. Yeah, he's a comedian, but so was John Stewart and his show got equal praise.

Seriously, check out his youtube, it'll give a pretty thorough explanation of what's going on. Yes it's a liberal show, but it is very good about showing the facts and focusing on that.

Please post it when you find it. Here's what I found:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/07/21/a-rigorous-scientific-look-into-the-fox-news-effect/#1401a16412ab

Wish we'd get a more current and thorough study of the Fox News Effect.

Machiavellian said:
coolbeans said:

Hilarious to bring up the 'wrong side of history' after such dishonest framing here.  It doesn't matter what justified responses a person makes (duty to retreat, etc.) to some of you people; if he's not in the club no excuse will satisfy.  

Kyle Rittenhouse was absolutely defending himself and the ire ought to be on the now-maimed & killed dips who escalated this situation.  Period.

So just to be clear, you are saying that Kyle is totally clear in what he was doing.  Meaning that he armed himself with a Assault Rifle traveled to an area he did not live, went to a location where people were protesting.  Are you saying that none of his actions had anything to do with the conflict that happen and he was this innocent 17 year old boy looking for peace and love.

I just dont get this whole thing. I understand he might be fed up with the violent protests, but hes 17 years old. He should be home playing video games, hanging with friends or dating girls(or boys. Whatever his preference is) Not going to riots with an assault rifle. Where the hell were the parents? He could have been killed or be going to prison for the rest of his life. 

Around the Network

One of the chairs of the FEC is openly supporting Donald Trump. Whatever your stance that should be incredibly disturbing. But yeah drain the swamp.

JWeinCom said:

One of the chairs of the FEC is openly supporting Donald Trump. Whatever your stance that should be incredibly disturbing. But yeah drain the swamp.

How many counts of Hatch Act violations are these clowns up to? Like at least 20?

TallSilhouette said:
Runa216 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/07/21/a-rigorous-scientific-look-into-the-fox-news-effect/#1401a16412ab

I might have to rescind my claim. I know I read it and it was from like March or April of this year, but for the life of me I can't find the source. Found a LOT of articles about how watching Fox News has a negative effect (People who watch Fox News are less informed than people who watch no news, and an article that said scientific studies show that watching Fox News makes you stupider, but that was rolling stone so I'm pretty sure they were twisting the above study and making a funny headline.) Either way, I can't seem to find it. I did find an article from 2014 that said watchers of satire shows are better informed, but the article I'm thinking about was more recent than that. 

When I saw the website https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ it triggered my memory, but I cannot find anything on there supporting my claim, which is a shame.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Mr_Destiny said:
JWeinCom said:

How many counts of Hatch Act violations are these clowns up to? Like at least 20?

The FEC should really look into that. Oh... wait...

Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:

I might have to rescind my claim. I know I read it and it was from like March or April of this year, but for the life of me I can't find the source. Found a LOT of articles about how watching Fox News has a negative effect (People who watch Fox News are less informed than people who watch no news, and an article that said scientific studies show that watching Fox News makes you stupider, but that was rolling stone so I'm pretty sure they were twisting the above study and making a funny headline.) Either way, I can't seem to find it. I did find an article from 2014 that said watchers of satire shows are better informed, but the article I'm thinking about was more recent than that. 

When I saw the website https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ it triggered my memory, but I cannot find anything on there supporting my claim, which is a shame.

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

JWeinCom said:
Mr_Destiny said:

The FEC should really look into that. Oh... wait...

Runa216 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

Oh, I found that one but I wasn't trying to prove that people who watch Fox News are misinformed. Given some people in this thread are clearly on that side of the issue, I didn't wish to offend. I mean, I love offending people but that wasn't my intention in this particular instance. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX