By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
o_O.Q said:

and there are people who believe that the earth is flat, but we don't take them seriously... why?

So what exactly are you saying??  If a group believe something you don't, you do not take that group serious.  So do you dismiss all Christians or Muslims which is a pretty large group or anyone who believe on conception the embryo is alive. Are you saying what you believe is the only thing worth considering and everyone else is wrong.  Exactly what are you asking??  When is life defined based on the embryo.  Hasn't that always been the debate on Abortion or do you believe only when the embryo is a certain age.  Do you believe there is a soul or do you dismiss that as well.  

do you take flat earthers seriously?

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Ben doesn't do a great job of explaining since he quickly goes on the offensive because he is assuming the early questions are a sign of a string of attacks to follow, in which case he wasn't really wrong. I'm not saying his answers clearly explained the questions asked of him, but because he didn't want to waste time answering them again when he has already for the most part, just not in this particular interview, he decided to go on the offensive early since he figured if he didn't, he would end up stuck on defense, and he was correct based on how it plays out.

For the most part, Ben is just using conservative logic. Instead of waiting to get pushed into a corner and using lefty spin to get out of the situation, he's preemptively attacking so he doesn't allow the interviewer to dig Ben a deeper hole as he goes. However, this interviewer knows what he's doing and doesn't back down easily like most typically do. Closer to the end you finally see Ben call him out and points out he's misquoting Ben, and the interviewer just keeps on pushing anyway, until Ben finally says enough is enough. Again, while Ben could have handled this more professionally, what he did wasn't totally uncalled for.

The fact that Ben posed a question to the interviewer and he wanted nothing to do with it, says he wasn't willing to have an honest conversation. That's a tactic as well. If the interviewer is willing to answer that first question honestly, then Ben can assume he's not simply out to get him, and will likely follow suit. Since the interviewer made it clear that he's in charge and things will be going his way or else, Ben made a judgement call and decided to play it safe, and was right for the most part. Not entirely, but mostly.

Action is more effective than words? Really? How much action vs words happened during the interview? How much more action would happen vs words if Trump was allowed to get stuff done instead of bickering over nonsense?

Not sure what interview you watched but I saw someone question a person pass and the action was the person got upset.  What that person did not do is explain their position.  Ben makes a living on questioning other people who make statements so do not act as if he is somehow above the same.  I just watched a bunch of videos by Ben and what I see is that he has a platform to speak his mind without anyone questioning him on his opinion.  I watched him question Ben Hodge, Piers Morgan Ocario and others.  He himself quotes those people then goes on about their statements.  So No Ben isn't beyond approach from this interview and when directly question on his own bad statements he showed he can only give it but not take it.

No Ben wanted to be treated with kid gloves as if he ever did the same for others and when he was challenged he came up short.  No matter how we discuss this issue, we both will not see it the same.  I have no skin in the game with Ben so I have no rose colored glasses to see him any different then his performance.  So you can take all your lefty this and conservative that and put it in a placed directly representative of the toxic nature we currently live today.  You paint everyone into a group so you can apply your labels and have the comfort of mind putting them into a box.

Last but not least, you are so quick to be the savior of Ben and give him a pass but even Ben himself did not give himself a pass on the interview which I do give him props for in his tweet.

Ben tweeted: “@afneil DESTROYS Ben Shapiro! So that’s what that feels like ;) Broke my own rule, and wasn’t properly prepared. I’ve addressed every single issue he raised before; see below. Still, it’s Neil 1, Shapiro 0.”

He earlier apologised on social media to Neil, saying he had “misinterpreted his antagonism as political leftism”.

Interesting enough the guy who was interviewing Ben is a big conservative and is part of conservative group which during the interview he stated if Ben knew him he would know he wasn't the lefty he proscribed him to be. As always you are the apologist.

I never said the interviewer was a lefty, but the way he was questioning Ben was in opposition to him and he was acting like many of the lefties do, which would be why Ben acted and responded like he did. A conservative there is also not the same as a conservative in America either.

Below...

EricHiggin said:
forest-spirit said:

Some comedy gold from our friend Ben Shapiro.

And also a great example of how I like interviewers to handle political figures.

When everyone is out to get you, every empire eventually gets cocky and loses battles. What's important is learning from that loss and using it to win the war. There's no doubt he's going to want a round 2 and he's not going to make the same mistake next time. If he doesn't get a round 2, he's going to know and point out they were simply poking the bear.

You're always pointing out my devotion to the right. I wonder why people take sides when they show they aren't bound to either, yet you do everything to ignore that fact and put a label on them.

It's not easy to have a meaningful conversation with someone when they are pretending to be something they're not wouldn't you say? Just like trying to have a meaningful conversation when you're constantly being portrayed as something you're not?

o_O.Q said:
Machiavellian said:

So what exactly are you saying??  If a group believe something you don't, you do not take that group serious.  So do you dismiss all Christians or Muslims which is a pretty large group or anyone who believe on conception the embryo is alive. Are you saying what you believe is the only thing worth considering and everyone else is wrong.  Exactly what are you asking??  When is life defined based on the embryo.  Hasn't that always been the debate on Abortion or do you believe only when the embryo is a certain age.  Do you believe there is a soul or do you dismiss that as well.  

do you take flat earthers seriously?

I never looked into it so I cannot answer that question.  I have no clue what flat earthers believe.  Even if I did not, what does that have to do with the current conversation.  Also in my original comments no where did I state what I believe in or not so I am not sure why we are going off subject.

https://politics.theonion.com/alabama-governor-signs-new-heartbeat-bill-lowering-st-1834815670
Hopefully the cases coming from this go to the SC so Roe v Wade can be overturned.

jason1637 said:
https://politics.theonion.com/alabama-governor-signs-new-heartbeat-bill-lowering-st-1834815670
Hopefully the cases coming from this go to the SC so Roe v Wade can be overturned.

if you are determined to force women to have children they do not want to have, are you willing to personally take care of those children yourself?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
jason1637 said:

if you are determined to force women to have children they do not want to have, are you willing to personally take care of those children yourself?

No I'm not but there are people who will.

EricHiggin said:

I never said the interviewer was a lefty, but the way he was questioning Ben was in opposition to him and he was acting like many of the lefties do, which would be why Ben acted and responded like he did. A conservative there is also not the same as a conservative in America either.

Below...

EricHiggin said:

When everyone is out to get you, every empire eventually gets cocky and loses battles. What's important is learning from that loss and using it to win the war. There's no doubt he's going to want a round 2 and he's not going to make the same mistake next time. If he doesn't get a round 2, he's going to know and point out they were simply poking the bear.

You're always pointing out my devotion to the right. I wonder why people take sides when they show they aren't bound to either, yet you do everything to ignore that fact and put a label on them.

It's not easy to have a meaningful conversation with someone when they are pretending to be something they're not wouldn't you say? Just like trying to have a meaningful conversation when you're constantly being portrayed as something you're not?

I have no clue what you are, what I do know is that for you labels means everything.  Everyone is a lefty this or conservative that.  And since you chose the word Lefty all the time but denote the right as conservative, I have to wonder about your choice of words.  You may believe you are in the middle or whatever but usually people never know they show themselves the longer you converse with them.  I never called you left, right, middle conservative liberal or any such thing, instead I let you show me who you are and you have never let me down.

As for the interviewer, you didn't have to say what he was, you jumped at the chance to label him because he was giving Ben what usually Ben gives to people he consider as liberals.  You got on your high horse jumping at the chance and fell into the trap the same way Ben did.  The interviewer wasn't acting as something he was not, instead he was challenging Ben on who he is trying to portray in his book compared to the statements he has made in the past.  

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:

Well we have laws that stop people from killing each other and killing animals so it makes sense that there are bills being made to stop abortions. Life is sacred and if someone does not want a child they don't have to keep the kid or they can just take  proper precautions to make sure that they don't have a kid while having sex.

So you want rape or incest victims to just accept what happened to them and bare the child or face prison time?

That's not what the law says. The law criminalizes doctors who perform abortions.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

jason1637 said:
o_O.Q said:

No I'm not but there are people who will.

It's not something that's measured often, but there were estimated to be over 2 million couples waiting to adopt children in the US alone.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SpokenTruth said:
the-pi-guy said:

@SpokenTruth 

Are you still reading the Mueller report?  Any goodies that few have noticed?

I've started going back over it to compile excerpts but I do have a summary prepared.

Russia Interference in the 2016 Election - It is concluded that this did take place by way of massive social media campaigns from bots (unattended computer accounts), paid trolls and ad campaigns. They organized grass roots rallies by posing as US citizens. They also hacked and phished (a social engineering method to obtain access credentials) networks for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Convention and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and released infiltrated information to Wikileaks.

Collusion - It is concluded that direct conspiracy between the Trump Campaign and Russia did not happen. It is noted that attempts to open communication between the two entities failed. It is also noted that while they did not work together, they did work in concert. The Trump Campaign knew of the above referenced interference and not only did not act on mitigating it but encouraged further activity. It wasn't so much coordinated collusion as it was welcomed, accepted and requested interference. Much of the requested evidence was either destroyed or not stored on devices with long term storage.

Obstruction - It is concluded that the President Trump had directly interfered with the Special Council investigation but that because of the rights and authority granted a president, he cannot be charged with any obstruction based crime. It is the Department of Justice policy to not indict a sitting president. Robert Mueller has specifically given indictment purview to Congress. Much of the requested evidence was either destroyed or not stored on devices with long term storage.

Further actions - Several aspects of all three facets of the investigation were handed off to other investigating bodies depending on the nature of the crime being investigated. We have already seen many of those reach their conclusion but several more are still on-going. Much of the Mueller Report was redacted due in part to those on-going investigations.

"It is concluded that this did take place by way of massive social media campaigns from bots (unattended computer accounts), paid trolls and ad campaigns."

do you or anyone else have any examples of these ads that russians paid for to influence people from an entirely different culture?