By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pentagon-apparently-exploited-trumps-obsession-with-oil-to-keep-troops-in-syria-like-feeding-a-baby-its-medicine-in-yogurt/

This is where our country is at now. I don't know how much I can really add to this. It's exactly what the headline says. This is the feeble mind the R's in congress refuse to just impeach already.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
For anyone curious: The Raid took part at 3:30 PM Washington Time.
Where was Trump you ask? Golfing.

The Motorcade was rolling at 3:33 PM to Trump National Golf Club.

Trump was golfing while this raid was taking place.

Really i do not care what he does in his free time,it is not really thoughtful to criticize him on that imo and if you do it for him you can do it for all of us.

So Trumpty Dumpties, is America great yet?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

coolbeans said:
Bandorr said:

Your point is very unclear. If you know what I'm referencing then you can't wonder what Raid I'm referring to, or the figure head involved. It is one or the other.

Also it is unclear if you are talking about a third party (I think more people) or about yourself (I know what you were referencing).

Who are these "people" that are in a US politics thread - yet not know what is going on in the US/politics?

Alright, so by happenstance.  Which is good.

I framed my 1st response in that way b/c I just found it humorous how the conversation leap-frogged from *THE EVENT* that just happened to..."here's how pathetic Trump was during/after *THE EVENT*."  Not just from your comment, mind you.  I can't help but think some in MSM are conjuring up new strategies to get around Trump announcing the leader of ISIS is confirmed dead. 

"Goddammit...and we were one year out!

This 100 million times.

I'm not saying Trump was or was not directly involved, or should be completely praised for this, or anything of the sort. But rather than talk about a huge success for the United States, not a single post was made referring to this success. Instead, it was figuring out how to yet again destroy Trump.

It is why I've for the most part stopped talking in this thread. As I've said a million times, I'm not the biggest fan of Trump, but this thread simply isn't "The Official US Politics OT". It is the exact same thing as every other political news story draped across storylines lately "The Official How Can We Shit on Trump". I'm not even going to say the guy hasn't made it relatively easier than prior presidents to do this (his Twitter rampages, and just downright stupid act sometimes, etc)...but that doesn't mean we can't still recognize a good event happening.

I've tried moving the topic to other major US discussion points (that don't necessarily have anything to do with Trump), and unfortunately, everything goes right back to the exact same things the news is talking about, and more things to shit on Trump for.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

the-pi-guy said:

Immersiveunreality said:

Really i do not care what he does in his free time,it is not really thoughtful to criticize him on that imo and if you do it for him you can do it for all of us.

It's not because it was his free time.  I even think he should be free to golf.  

The laughable part about the above is that the White House staged a picture pretending that he wasn't golfing.  

Well yeah i did not read that anywhere in the comment i was responding to.

This extreme focus on Trump itself is irritating imo ofcourse ,there are so many more important things to talk about than the latest Trump tweet.

Tulsi Gabbard anyone,2020 yay?

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Bandorr said:
For anyone curious: The Raid took part at 3:30 PM Washington Time.
Where was Trump you ask? Golfing.

The Motorcade was rolling at 3:33 PM to Trump National Golf Club.

Trump was golfing while this raid was taking place.

Golfing is fine.  Taking credit for people things did while you were golfing is not fine.  Staging a photo to imply you were actually doing important shit while you were golfing is also not fine.

Edit:  In the interest of providing more complete context https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-situation-room-photo/

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 29 October 2019

Baalzamon said:

This 100 million times.

I'm not saying Trump was or was not directly involved, or should be completely praised for this, or anything of the sort. But rather than talk about a huge success for the United States, not a single post was made referring to this success. Instead, it was figuring out how to yet again destroy Trump.

It is why I've for the most part stopped talking in this thread. As I've said a million times, I'm not the biggest fan of Trump, but this thread simply isn't "The Official US Politics OT". It is the exact same thing as every other political news story draped across storylines lately "The Official How Can We Shit on Trump". I'm not even going to say the guy hasn't made it relatively easier than prior presidents to do this (his Twitter rampages, and just downright stupid act sometimes, etc)...but that doesn't mean we can't still recognize a good event happening.

I've tried moving the topic to other major US discussion points (that don't necessarily have anything to do with Trump), and unfortunately, everything goes right back to the exact same things the news is talking about, and more things to shit on Trump for.

It is kind of difficult to acknowledge this particular event without also looking at all the events that have surrounded it. While of course this is a good thing, I don't believe there is any value in saying "Hooray! ISIS man is dead." On the other hand, I do think there is value in saying "Remember when last week, Trump was criticizing the Kurds and talking about how that alliance is unnecessary? That alliance was fundamental to bringing down this terrorist." Criticism of Trump's actions in regards to the Middle East implies a coherent path forward which can be debated and discussed. Acknowledgement of events that have happened doesn't really have any real function. I personally see no need to make that "Hooray!" post, but feel free if that is your thing. You could attempt to imply that this was the result of some specific decision in a way to praise some form of the US' involvement, however it seems like many of those factors have been directly criticized or otherwise harmed by Trump.

Fact is, Trump is the most important thing happening in US politics right now.

Bandorr said:
Baalzamon said:

This 100 million times.

That is because Trump put himself in the story 100%. He lied about everything. At every point.

Yeah not so sure about that

The story wasn't "We got a really bad guy" it was all Trump.

Not cool

It was here is a picture. That was staged because he was golfing during it.

From Snopes: "Idlib, Syria, was six hours ahead of Eastern time on the day the raid occurred, so if the operation was indeed unfolding between 11:00 p.m. and midnight in Syria, that would correspond to the interval from 5  p.m. and 6:00 p.m. in Washington, D.C., at a time when the situation room photograph’s metadata indicated it was snapped."

Edit - wasn't there a long flight to the compound?  They leave at 3:30 EASTERN time and get there by 5 with Trump back at the White House by 4:18 PM?

The "he died like a dog" was all crap because they only had an overhead view and NO audio.

Could be, where are you getting the info on what view(s) they had?

The "I know bin laden was going to do 9/11 a year before" was just him randomly mentioning the name. He made no predictions or analysis there.

Trying to claim he was a bigger thread than Bin laden?

Ignoring that a lot of the intel we got was from the kurds. Who he didn't give credit to and instead almost jeopardized the mission forcing it to rush ahead of schedule BECAUSE he doesn't give a damn about the kurds.

They took the last window they had according to the NY times article you posted earlier. They had aborted a couple of times before this. To call it "RUSHED AHEAD OF SCHEDULE" is false

He wanted his Obama moment. He wanted to be the big bang President of the united states. And he wanted all the attention. Well he got that attention - and with every lie falling apart.

Outside of the "with every lie falling apart"  part I think you are likely right

And that is without going to the points like that he thanked Russia first, and informed randomly republicans and Russia, but not the gang of 8 or the THIRD most powerful person in the US.

I don't know who was told when what is your source on this one?

EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

It was you who brought up a situation that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.  Its this faulty logic of yours where you cannot concentrate on the topic but seek to add unrelated incidents into the discussion for no other reason then to confused the issues.  You are doing it again which and this paragraph is a waste.  If you want to talk about Hong Kong and that particular incident then use another topic instead of waffling on what we are currently discussion.  Neither situation are the same nore are the context.

This right here.

Based on this, I nor a few billion, should worry about global warming, cooling, climate change, or whatever they call it next. Where we live is fine and people in our locations won't really have to worry for a very, very long time for the most part. Will it impact other places around the globe or even us eventually? WHO CARES? That's another issue to deal with for whoever, whenever that time comes. Sure we put CO2 into the air today, but it was basically gone tomorrow, so wherever it went, and whatever time period it becomes an issue, oh well. Different situation, in a different place, at a different time. Guess we don't need to take it into consideration right now. What a relief.

But wait... climate change is a major concern that everyone needs to pay attention to now, because everything is interconnected, not just through climate either, and so it all needs to be taken into account? Well if that's true then... or if it's false then...

Are you sure America deciding where and when it wants to help the rest of the world isn't a problem?

This has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about.  Again you just ignored all other talking points to bring up a subject that totally misses the mark and is basically used for deflection.  I guess when you have no real talking points, you throw the random "Hey look, its a rabbit" stunt to get out of the discussion.  Ok, I get it, if you were done you should have just said so, it would be easier than running a bunch of random paragraphs about a totally different subject.

Remember that time that a purple heat recipient said something Obama didn't like, so Obama attacked him, and Fox News was all like, "yeah man. That purple heart recipient is from another country. Probably a sleeper agent"?