By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Shazam! has a 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

The trailer did not work for me personally. To be honest after watching the trailer I thought it looked horrible. That being said they will still get my money since I have a group of friends that we go to the Thursday night release of every film that anyone in the group wants to see and there a number of people in the group looking forward to it.

I hopeful my impression from the trailer is just wrong since, I thought spider man - into the spider verse looked horrible after watching the preview that was at the end of Venom but after watching the movie I thought it was extremely good so I open to possibility I will enjoy it.

Around the Network
Cyran said:

The trailer did not work for me personally. To be honest after watching the trailer I thought it looked horrible. That being said they will still get my money since I have a group of friends that we go to the Thursday night release of every film that anyone in the group wants to see and there a number of people in the group looking forward to it.

I hopeful my impression from the trailer is just wrong since, I thought spider man - into the spider verse looked horrible after watching the preview that was at the end of Venom but after watching the movie I thought it was extremely good so I open to possibility I will enjoy it.

It might be. You're probably just still trying to get the taste of Zack Snyder out of your mouth.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I'm very much looking forward to this movie. Critics don't influence me one way or the other. I very rarely find myself agreeing with them anyways.

I mostly read reviews from different kind of critics and see how much importance their negatives and positives have on me,im mostly able to measure how much i will be enjoying a movie or game with some rare exceptions like damn NiNoKuni 2 (I will be salty about it for a while :( )

Cyran said:

Honestly, trailers are irrelevant. They can get you hyped for a movie, but they don't do much beyond said hype. For example, just watch the Force Awakens trailer - it's seriously amazing and gets you super pumped, but the actual movie is nothing special, in my opinion at least. Conversely, there's the Spider-Verse situation. Trailers are just pointless, really.

I guess Wonder Women and Aquaman weren't flukes. So it was just Zack that was holding the DC Cinematic Universe back. I still don't trust DC but it is looking like they are finally turning things around.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

rotten tomatoes are a joke! They didn't even allow people to properly review captain marvel just to make the user rating look good.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

CaptainExplosion said:

The DCEU is saved!! :D

The Fury said:
Can't wait for the real Captain Marvel film.

*shoots you through the head*

I say this legitimately btw, he was the original after all. Carol Danvers is the most boring Captain Marvel of them all. Genis-Vell, Mar-Vell and Monica were all more interesting than Carol ever is. I'm looking forward to Shazam as I don't expect it to be a run of the mill superhero film like 'Captain Marvel' was.

Hmm, pie.

Great score.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I feel like, with Captain Marvel, Dumbo, and Endgame, Shazam is going to get slaughtered. I hope this isn't the case but I'm not seeing the hype.

Twitter: @d21lewis

d21lewis said:
I feel like, with Captain Marvel, Dumbo, and Endgame, Shazam is going to get slaughtered. I hope this isn't the case but I'm not seeing the hype.

Yeah they've definitely given themselves a hard time with the release window... maybe a delay would have worked in their favour, push it back to the summer holidays or something when the kids are off school, since it definitely seems like something parents would take their kids to see.

Either way I'm just really looking forward to watching it, but as you've said yourself, I'm not seeing the hype either...