By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony State Of Play - Iron Man VR, No Man’s Sky VR, Days Gone Update

I was pleasantly surprised with the showing and really liked the quick slick format, personal stuff would be good but I liked the narrator she did well. I should point out I seem to be one of the few who stays up to date and knew this was going to be mostly about PSVR and I also have one so this was very much for people like me.
FNAF VR and NMS VR look pretty cool also that Ready Set Heros looks right up my alley.

Around the Network

Too much VR

Lafiel said:
ThatDreamcastTho said:
That livestream proved that they are saving all their content for the PS5.

I hope they have lots of games ready for the PS5 reveal/the launch year beyond PS5 versions of 2019/2020 PS4 games.

Absolutely. I don't even count multigenerational games as PS5 games. I am seriously expecting Horizon 2, some type of family friendly game like Knack 3, and one or two unexpected titles like Infamous 4 available at launch. Which studios haven't released a game in a while?

Disappointed.

They shoulda either made it clear that it was more about VR and no megatons whatsoever or just uploaded the video to youtube. I don't see the point in a bunch of trailers for less regarded games like that, without a presenter and live commentary. It doesn't feel like a show, it's a just a video. Why streaming? Besides it looks a lot like a Nintendo direct, even that carousel animation. They couda tried harder.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Just my 2 cents is that if Sony is going to do more of these streaming shows like this, it would be better if they just post it as a video to Youtube and be done with it. Really, most people who would attend something like this do not have to waste time watching a bunch of trailers we can easily do on Youtube which is pretty much how this even felt. Sony definitely need to do better. Get the developers interviews, walk through their games something more on a person fun level then this.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Machiavellian said:
Just my 2 cents is that if Sony is going to do more of these streaming shows like this, it would be better if they just post it as a video to Youtube and be done with it. Really, most people who would attend something like this do not have to waste time watching a bunch of trailers we can easily do on Youtube which is pretty much how this even felt. Sony definitely need to do better. Get the developers interviews, walk through their games something more on a person fun level then this.

Def. Early days though so let's hope they add to the presentation in different ways. Walkthrough demos are not a bad idea. Maybe 1 per show could work. Even if its shortish

Yeah, I am not looking for alot just like one developer spotlight, let them talk about their game give some presentations thing like that.  For a streaming show, I am really not interested in seeing trailers unless its a new game and even then let it be something big.  Seeing another Trailer of Days gone is ok but I could easily just watch that on YouTube then see it on a live direct show.

So i watched the show. Is it just me or did it feel like a PSVR marketing push?
They have a console with 90m sold and they chose to market there 4m sold accessorie? Very strange move. I would be more forgiving if they were saving everything for E3..
Both MS and Sony need more work when it comes to these directs. Only reason i forgave MS for there last show was due to there upcoming E3 conference.

twintail said:
Azzanation said:
So i watched the show. Is it just me or did it feel like a PSVR marketing push?
They have a console with 90m sold and they chose to market there 4m sold accessorie? Very strange move. I would be more forgiving if they were saving everything for E3..
Both MS and Sony need more work when it comes to these directs. Only reason i forgave MS for there last show was due to there upcoming E3 conference.

6 of the 10 games focussed on were not VR.

11 minutes of the 19.30 minute show was on non-VR games.

They've sold 1.2 milliom units in the last 6 or 7 months.

They arent saving anything, this show is just an additional way to communicate with fans (outside of youtube uploads and blog posts, and whenever they do a conference)

Did you enjoy the show? If you could change anything what would you change?

thismeintiel said:
Baddman said:
sounds fun tho I expect usual complaining after it about it being underwhelming because gamers love complaining

Damn, you called that one, lol.

Happens it all the time with nintendo directs and recently happened with that event Microsoft had last year(which I enjoyed just as I enjoyed this)

twintail said:
Azzanation said:

Did you enjoy the show? If you could change anything what would you change?

I thought it was alright. It was just shy of 20 minutes, and moved at a brisk pace. It could use some work

I am not sure if I would change anything as much as I would add to the show:

-announce the time length beforehand (like Nintendo does)

-include a gameplay segment (3 - 5 mins depending on the game)

-include a developer insight vid (3 mins max) - maybe like a studio tour, or the day in the life of an concept artist or something.

-give the show a little more unique personality I suppose

oh... show off all PS4 exclusives. EDF releases soon worldwide on PS4 only, MLB released the day of the event. just show these off i feel even if for like 30 seconds

what do you think?

Fair enough, I think a lot of the things you pointed out would be good benefits to the show. 

For me what frustrated me more was the VR taking up majority of the show.. Now I know you will say its a small event, but when you have a PS event and you know majority of your customers don't own a accessory it isn't exactly going to be wise feedback when its a show that had to be streamed live. Something like this could have been a YouTube event that people have the options to watch rather than trying to stick them around for the stream to watch 6 out of 10 VR games.

Another thing is why not show something that there main customers want, where was Concrete Genie or Dreams? Events like these would have been great showcases for the smaller games rather than Days Gone which has already enough trailers and gameplay footage.

Other than that, its a small show and I am sure the next one will be better. Its just a shame because there skipping E3 so its hard to forgive them on this when there not exactly saving anything for E3. But that's just my thoughts on it.