By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51
John2290 said:
Machiavellian said:
Saw someone streaming it last night. The game is going to break a lot of people, especially if you are coming in with a BloodBorne or Dark Souls mindset. Looks great and it also looks very responsive and fun.

Yeah, I think they have side stepped those expectations in the last week or too with enough influencers and what not, I don't think many will be disappointed at least for it not being a souls game. Probably safe to expect a good few people getting pussed off and bombing it. 

Oh, I do not believe people will be pissed its not a souls game as it does carry over some of the mechanics.  Instead, gameplay wise the combat is definitely different.  From a few souls players who were playing this game, they state the combat is harder which for the casual player probably will make them give up on the first boss.  I believe its level of difficulty for the true souls player will present a challenge they expect.

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
HollyGamer said:
I'll get it on PC , i want it to play at stable 60 fps.

Wait, is it not 60 FPS on console? Will it at least be 60 FPS on a PS4 Pro?

I was planning on going console with this one, but if performance is bad then Steam is fine too (where I played DS3).

From what Eurogamer states in their performance of the game, you can forget 60FPS on any of the consoles.  Look for something like mid to high 30s to 40.  Also, the game still have the frame pacing issues which was a pain in Bloodborne.

RaptorChrist said:
HollyGamer said:
I'll get it on PC , i want it to play at stable 60 fps.

I was planning on going console with this one, but if performance is bad then Steam is fine too (where I played DS3).

It's 40 to 45 on PS4 pro and 35 to 40 on Xbox One X. PS4 and Xbox One around  30 fps and more stable on PS4 but all of consoles have bad frame pacing. For games like this i am preferring stable frame rates even if it's just 30 fps, but on PS4 pro/X it's open frame rates so it's fluctuate.  I will just go with PC , even my Dark Souls 3 i bought it on Steam.

HollyGamer said:
RaptorChrist said:

It's 40 to 45 on PS4 pro and 35 to 40 on Xbox One X. PS4 and Xbox One around  30 fps and more stable on PS4 but all of consoles have bad frame pacing. For games like this i am preferring stable frame rates even if it's just 30 fps, but on PS4 pro/X it's open frame rates so it's fluctuate.  I will just go with PC , even my Dark Souls 3 i bought it on Steam.

Tough call for me. I think for this one I may go PS4 Pro; 40~45 FPS is not ideal, but it's not going to ruin the experience like 30 FPS probably would. No idea if FromSoft is planning on releasing DLC for this, but if they do, I'll eventually pick it up again on Steam with the DLC included.

Edit: Stores by me start selling the game at 9 p.m. tonight, so I have a little more than 8 hours before I can play. If I chose Steam, I'd have to wait 22 more hours, so that's another major reason to get it on console for me.

Last edited by RaptorChrist - on 21 March 2019

John2290 said:
6 hours folks. I broke my two and a half long yead boycott for this game, I hope Activision see it as a success at least.

Damn, 2 and a have years. What about buying it used so that Activision doesn't profit?

Around the Network
John2290 said:
6 hours folks. I broke my two and a half long yead boycott for this game, I hope Activision see it as a success at least.

You're a lightweight. 11 1/2 for me. AND still going.

Hope you enjoy it though. You filthy scab.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Shots fired, shots fired!

This is in the mail for me. I'm excited to have a 'souls-like' that's vastly different from Dark Souls/Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. Very eager.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

No hype here.

SKMBlake said:
I am hyped and will buy an Xbox for this

Do you have a 120hz TV? and are you getting a Xbox One X?
Otherwise performance will be better on the PS4 (base & Pro), and the only real differnce is in shadow quality (its minor too).

Basically if you already have a PS4 theres no reason to get a xbox for this.