Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia will succeed... and here is why

Will Stadia succeed?

It will crash and burn. 35 37.23%

It will slowly but steadily grow. 32 34.04%

It will explode. 4 4.26%

I don't know yet, need to know more. 23 24.47%

Total:94

You need Chrome.
Well.... that's a big nope. Probably need a Google Account as well...

Around the Network

Hope it fails kbye

Mnementh said:

...the Rime people...

sorry, I know you meant [Tequila Works]...just helping out.

Great devs behind Deadlight.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I totally agree that the technology is impressive. Everything you are saying about the technology is 100% correct. I also want to add that online multiplayer games are going to perform much better on this system. I remember how impressive Ultima Online and other MMOs were when they were first released in 1997, just because the games were running on dedicated servers. This technology has the potential to have the same effect, but with all online multiplayer games.

Having said all of that, I still think there are two even more important factors that we don't know about yet. 1) Game library and 2) business model. I need to know more about these two things before I make a final call on this. If they don't get enough good games, or if their business model is bad, then it won't matter how good the tech is.

Yeah i agree. While the specs seem good the games are what matter and will drive hardcore gamers to adopt (or not) this console. Also while they seem to emphasise no lag or issues i will reserve my judgement on this until we can see high end games being streamed and on large numbers. 

They mentioned something about the cost?
You pay for playtime? For month/year? For free, but with ads?
How much?

Around the Network

What about input delay?

I play fighting games mostly, and other games where reflexes and reaction time can mean victory or a frustrating loss

Will the nature of the technology mean input delay or input lag will be an issue? I genuinely would like to know.

jonathanalis said:
They mentioned something about the cost?
You pay for playtime? For month/year? For free, but with ads?
How much?

Nothing. They also didn't announce any games. Seems liek they are saving that info for later in the year. I suspect they plan to fill Sony's vacant E3 spot. 

Tagging

HBninjaX said:
What about input delay?

I play fighting games mostly, and other games where reflexes and reaction time can mean victory or a frustrating loss

Will the nature of the technology mean input delay or input lag will be an issue? I genuinely would like to know.

Digital Foundry got to test the latest Stadia build, and there was only 22 extra ms of input lag compared to playing AC Odyssey on XB1 X. However, it is worth noting that the X gameplay had display lag deducted and was done on ethernet, whereas their Stadia test was on wifi without display lag deducted, so the actual additional latency is likely below 10ms. MS also just revealed that they are getting less than 10ms of added latency with their xCloud streaming services. 

John2290 said:
Not a chance, If they had waited for 5g to get into cities they could have grown with that tech from there, the infrastructure is not there right now for this. It's too early and too many people are moving to wireless BB to use solely. I wish it would work but this will be a laggy, laggy mess for most people outside of professionals in certain cities until 5g can make it's way through if those speeds can be believed.

Why would anybody switch to wireless for their primary internet when wireless has tiny data caps? I sure wouldn't.