By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

tsogud said:

Since we sharing Krystal Ball/Saager vids lmao here's one with which I agree with their criticism on Sanders.

Sanders didn't make the case for his presidency to the Democratic electorate well enough. I know there were a LOT of hurdles but at the end of the day it falls on him.

Bernie always kept his word to not directly attack his opponent and only talk about his own policies in relation to his opponents policies, it's him sticking to what he promised and being an honest fair player, something ironically most people loved about him

But yes in the politics of narcissism and personal attacks Bernie just didn't go there, and this may have hurt him even if many of us admired him and got on board because of his fairness and honesty in the first place, a real catch 22 in politics 

The real issue was the lack of fairness from the media, they never really talked about the issues/policies affecting people in the first place using republican talking points constantly, they really only focused on the optics of each candidate on how the establishment viewed them, constantly pivoting to the nebulous "electability" factor, Bernie found it very hard in that environment  

Last edited by Rab - on 15 April 2020

Around the Network
tsogud said:

AOC on Biden's rape allegations:

"'I think it's legitimate to talk about these things. And if we want, if we again want to have integrity, you can't say, you know — both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us.

A lot of us are survivors, and it's really, really hard and uncomfortable.' Not discussing allegations is the 'exact opposite of integrity' the congresswoman said, adding that it is 'not okay' to prioritize beating Trump over discussing sensitive #MeToo issues like these because they are 'very legitimate thing[s].'"

Here is the whole article.

AOC as usual on the point. One could say she handled it so … presidential.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tsogud said:

AOC on Biden's rape allegations:

"'I think it's legitimate to talk about these things. And if we want, if we again want to have integrity, you can't say, you know — both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us.

A lot of us are survivors, and it's really, really hard and uncomfortable.' Not discussing allegations is the 'exact opposite of integrity' the congresswoman said, adding that it is 'not okay' to prioritize beating Trump over discussing sensitive #MeToo issues like these because they are 'very legitimate thing[s].'"

Here is the whole article.

I think the saying "believe all women" is more a sign of good will than an actual reality which people abide by. Women are human beings like anyone else, and like anyone else they can lie, even when it comes to serious allegations like this one. 

It's completely justified to talk about the accusations aimed at Biden, my fear is that people will and already have used this as an excuse to blast Biden, as if it's a foregone conclusion that he's an unelectable corrupt rapist. Most of these people were already set in their disposition, now this is something they can throw around whenever a view of theirs is challenged. It's particularly problematic when you see those kind of commentators (not to say it's been in this thread) try to convince other people not to vote for Biden out of unconfirmed allegations. 

Morality is not about making decisions with no information beforehand. Investigate Biden by all means (not sure how you'd do that with such an old case where every account is hearsay ... but that's up to people much smarter than me to figure out), but don't act as if this halts the 2020 election until we get some real facts in our hands. 

This is not a reply to you by the way, just a response to the topic you posted. 

Not sure how to feel about this. Anything is fine by me, just please keep the former Sanders press secretary 10 miles away from the campaign.

Moren said:

Not sure how to feel about this. Anything is fine by me, just please keep the former Sanders press secretary 10 miles away from the campaign.

AOC doing what Sanders should have done before he endorsed Biden.

Around the Network

Be prepared for the establishment to keep things business as usual to protect powerful positions, incomes and influence at the cost of real change. Obama sets this up by soothing us once again with sweet silver tongue words that many have become accustomed to hearing and responding positively too  

Obama Gaslights Non-Stop In Endorsement Video For Biden

Nina Turner reveals whether she will serve as Biden's Vice President

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/04/11/leftist-policy-didnt-lose-marxist-electoral-theory-did/

This is a good read, if anyone is interested. I don't anticipate people are going to agree with it, but it does use the "we won the battle of ideas" as central pillar.

Biden literally INCOMPREHENSIBLE live on CNN.. the choice for President is now between two people unfit for the job :(