By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Moren said:
uran10 said:

Ah Yes, the means tested programs that always get rip to shreds instead of universal programs as a means to try to convince the youth to vote for him while we already know his donors wouldn't allow this to pass. Yes, this is totally going to convince us to come out and support him (it wont).

Let me see him swear off corporate money, get rid of his super pacs and support universal healthcare and oh yea, stop spreading misinformation about Corona but I doubt we'll see that.

I will spell this out real nice and easy. If you take corporate money, you're not getting the leftist vote and the independent voters wont trust you (Bernie has actually won the independent vote in the majority of the states, the block you need to actually win the election btw). We know about the public and private positions, we wont trust you and if we don't trust you we wont vote for you. Its really that simple. You literally told us you have no empathy for us and now that you want our vote you think you'll be able to give us some watered down half measure and appease us? You best hope that Trump continues to screw up with this Crash and this Pandemic if you want a shot at winning.

ALSO EDIT: THAT ISN'T BERNIE'S PLAN! Holy crap this man is such a freaking liar. Bernie's plan isn't some means tested 125k BS, holy crap I can't believe I missed that wording what a slime ball. Bernie's plan is free PUBLIC college for everyone regardless, not some means tested nonsense. I can't... I just can't.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/s806

This used to be Bernie's bill.

Oh how did I know this was coming. What is his current position? Means tested never works, it never will. Just look at Obamacare, its the perfect example. Also on the empathy thing, its funny, in fact very funny. He was one of the people who wasn't in favour of any of these things and is a major reason why us young people are in such a sorry state cause guess what? he voted for the majority of the things that have screwed us over. Nah, screw that.

Edit: Just pointing out, why would we put someone whose been on the wrong side of history for almost everything for the last 40 years in charge of the country? I will never understand support for Biden because he literally is a major reason why Trump is in power. Neoliberal policies always lead to fascism. We literally have 3 people in the race. 1 Person who cannot win because they don't have the following, 1 person who is riding off of Obama's coattails after literally being wrong about the majority of things and has voted to screw us over so many times, and the last person who has been on the right side of history for the most part for the same time frame.

Even now we have a pandemic going on, and what does he do? He carries out misinformation for political expedience. He keeps proving more and more why he's not fit but this is the response whenever we point it out. "Shut up, he's winning, and Trump's worse blah blah" Give me a break. I trust the guy that has been right not the guy that is using nostalgia and has been wrong on most issues. Joe's record vs Trump and honestly, if it wasn't for covid and the economy Trump would easily win and I'll say it. I will never vote for either of them but I'll be honest with my thoughts. I think Joe is worse than Trump. Joe has a long record of being incorrect on everything, Trump while a fascist xenophobe has come out and said and done things that are actually right in certain circumstances and if he stuck to his principles he wouldn't be as "shit" as he is. He was actually for universal healthcare, then he sat down with the Health insurance companies and changed his mind and came up with that god awful Trump care. His problem (besides being incredibly stupid) is that he's surrounded himself with the swamp he claimed he was removing and they influence him to do the same old same old, he's just too ugly of a face on it for them to get away with it as they please. Joe's the face that most will overlook as he does the exact same things. I know a lot will disagree with me on this, but I see Joe before his cognitive decline saying a lot of bad, and I see Trump at that same point in time saying things to the left of him such as full support for universal healthcare. They're both people I could never bring myself to vote for, but I'm going to be objective and point out, as bad as Trump is, atleast he's incompetent and wont get as much evil through, unlike Joe who has been pushing all these bad policies through and on to us for years. It doesn't help that he also campaigned for a republican in the year.... 2018. Yes. 2018. But Anyway, he's your guy. He will never be mine. I can't vote for someone as god awful as him. I can't vote for someone as God awful as Trump. My US rep is a terrible right wing Dino who wanted to challenge Pelosi from the right and is an ex republican and I think she's being challenged. But at this point, if Bernie really isn't at the top of the ticket I most likely wont vote. I'm not selling my soul or voting lesser of two evils. I'm not voting and approving of these people. I refuse to give either of these evils my vote if it comes down to them and I will repeat this as many times as I have to until you get it. There are many many others like me. Some say bernie or Bust, some say They'll vote green, some say Bernie is the furthers RIGHT they will go. He is the compromise for us and no pandering or policy change Joe makes will ever change that because he is owned by the 1% and will always do their bidding.

Last edited by uran10 - on 15 March 2020

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
Moren said:

Biden has endorsed Bernie's 2018 plan of Free Public College for every family making under 125K a year. He as also endorsed Warren's bankruptcy bill.
Further proof he's more than willing be to be a uniter, comprise with the progressive wing of the party, and listen to new ideas.

Good. That's good progress. Those plans are good plans, he should adopt all of their proposals and stick to them because they're good proposals. Too bad I don't trust him but we'll see.

uran10 said:
Moren said:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/s806

This used to be Bernie's bill.

Oh how did I know this was coming. What is his current position? Means tested never works, it never will. Just look at Obamacare, its the perfect example. Also on the empathy thing, its funny, in fact very funny. He was one of the people who wasn't in favour of any of these things and is a major reason why us young people are in such a sorry state cause guess what? he voted for the majority of the things that have screwed us over. Nah, screw that.

Frankly, there is nothing Biden could do to gain your vote. Your demands are not in good faith. Warren was a "neoliberal snake" from the second she announced her campaign and she was a strong progressive. Clearly, you have no empathy for anyone besides the fringes, and don't really believe in the causes you profess. I have had strong disagreements with pretty much everyone in this thread, but at least it is a reflection of their desire and passion to improve the lives of American people. That is not the case with you at all.

You are unhinged, selfish, and give Bernie supporters a bad name. The "we" and "us" you keep talking about seem to be the voices in your head.

I, for one, am happy to see Biden adopt the best policies of both Warren and Sanders, even if it can be a tough pill to swallow for me in many cases. I hope that both Biden and Bernie can negotiate, and Biden compromises with the progressive wing in a lot of policies.

tsogud said:
Moren said:

Biden has endorsed Bernie's 2018 plan of Free Public College for every family making under 125K a year. He as also endorsed Warren's bankruptcy bill.
Further proof he's more than willing be to be a uniter, comprise with the progressive wing of the party, and listen to new ideas.

Good. That's good progress. Those plans are good plans, he should adopt all of their proposals and stick to them because they're good proposals. Too bad I don't trust him but we'll see.

I hope that moving forward, Biden takes more active steps to try and gain the trust of undecided left-leaning voters and can work with Warren/Sanders on shaping a few points of his agenda.

I think Biden has been positioned in a way where he is allowed to move left in the general, and get away with it.

Moren said:
uran10 said:

Frankly, there is nothing Biden could do to gain your vote. Your demands are not in good faith. Warren was a "neoliberal snake" from the second she announced her campaign and she was a strong progressive. Clearly, you have no empathy for anyone besides the fringes, and don't really believe in the causes you profess. I have had strong disagreements with pretty much everyone in this thread, but at least it is a reflection of their desire and passion to improve the lives of American people. That is not the case with you at all.

You are unhinged, selfish, and give Bernie supporters a bad name. The "we" and "us" you keep talking about seem to be the voices in your head

I, for one, am happy to see Biden adopt the best policies of both Warren and Sanders, even if it can be a tough pill to swallow for me in many cases. I hope that both Biden and Bernie can negotiate, and Biden compromises with the progressive wing in a lot of policies.

There are no voices in my head, but there are #neverbiden people who are real and quite frankly go read the edit I put in. I'm not that far left, I just have morals. I want simple basic human rights. I don't want to inch towards them, I don't want to start in the middle and end up with nothing or some very slight improvement (see again obamacare which has been gutted anyway). This isn't about Bernie or Biden or Trump. This is about policies and who I trust to get them implemented or fight for them. Do I think some 1% owned person like Biden will do it? No. That's the truth. And you're right, Biden can never get my vote just like Trump and Hillary could never get my vote. They have to earn it by proving that they're for the working class and by fighting for us and they've shown time and time again that they aren't for us. Read the edit I did on my last post, I went into full details there. And no, Honestly I'm not selfish or unhinged. I want simpl basic rights and I want someone who will fight for them. Biden will not. He's been in power for 40 years and he's squashed those. the Bankruptcy he's coming out against. HE WAS THE ARCHITECT.  I can't and I'm not the only 1. I'm not on "Bernie" twitter, I'm on Lefty twitter. We compromise for Sanders and if its not him, there are others who are solely Tulsi, other than that they either vote green or not at all. These people are mostly independents, the largest voting block and the block Bernie wins that Biden cannot and the block that decides elections. So no, There are millions of us screaming neverbiden and pointing to his record and even how he would handle this situation. In fact, let's look into Saagar's radar real quick to see how the obama administration had to come out against Biden.

Just in case you decide not to read it here it is anyway:

uran10 said:

Edit: Just pointing out, why would we put someone whose been on the wrong side of history for almost everything for the last 40 years in charge of the country? I will never understand support for Biden because he literally is a major reason why Trump is in power. Neoliberal policies always lead to fascism. We literally have 3 people in the race. 1 Person who cannot win because they don't have the following, 1 person who is riding off of Obama's coattails after literally being wrong about the majority of things and has voted to screw us over so many times, and the last person who has been on the right side of history for the most part for the same time frame.

Even now we have a pandemic going on, and what does he do? He carries out misinformation for political expedience. He keeps proving more and more why he's not fit but this is the response whenever we point it out. "Shut up, he's winning, and Trump's worse blah blah" Give me a break. I trust the guy that has been right not the guy that is using nostalgia and has been wrong on most issues. Joe's record vs Trump and honestly, if it wasn't for covid and the economy Trump would easily win and I'll say it. I will never vote for either of them but I'll be honest with my thoughts. I think Joe is worse than Trump. Joe has a long record of being incorrect on everything, Trump while a fascist xenophobe has come out and said and done things that are actually right in certain circumstances and if he stuck to his principles he wouldn't be as "shit" as he is. He was actually for universal healthcare, then he sat down with the Health insurance companies and changed his mind and came up with that god awful Trump care. His problem (besides being incredibly stupid) is that he's surrounded himself with the swamp he claimed he was removing and they influence him to do the same old same old, he's just too ugly of a face on it for them to get away with it as they please. Joe's the face that most will overlook as he does the exact same things. I know a lot will disagree with me on this, but I see Joe before his cognitive decline saying a lot of bad, and I see Trump at that same point in time saying things to the left of him such as full support for universal healthcare. They're both people I could never bring myself to vote for, but I'm going to be objective and point out, as bad as Trump is, atleast he's incompetent and wont get as much evil through, unlike Joe who has been pushing all these bad policies through and on to us for years. It doesn't help that he also campaigned for a republican in the year.... 2018. Yes. 2018. But Anyway, he's your guy. He will never be mine. I can't vote for someone as god awful as him. I can't vote for someone as God awful as Trump. My US rep is a terrible right wing Dino who wanted to challenge Pelosi from the right and is an ex republican and I think she's being challenged. But at this point, if Bernie really isn't at the top of the ticket I most likely wont vote. I'm not selling my soul or voting lesser of two evils. I'm not voting and approving of these people. I refuse to give either of these evils my vote if it comes down to them and I will repeat this as many times as I have to until you get it. There are many many others like me. Some say bernie or Bust, some say They'll vote green, some say Bernie is the furthers RIGHT they will go. He is the compromise for us and no pandering or policy change Joe makes will ever change that because he is owned by the 1% and will always do their bidding.

Around the Network

Another reason I do not trust Joe Biden and why you shouldn't either? He's a pathological liar, just like Trump.

News flash Lefties, the Democrats have to earn your vote they aren't entitled to it You should listen to this its very educational on why I'm where I am and why I wouldn't support Joe. @Moren listen to this and understand:

https://nyti.ms/2xzNpOp

I'm just wondering, if Biden is the nominee, if he works with Sanders and adopts more progressive policies, you will _still_ be screaming at the top of your lungs that we should not vote for Biden in the general.

Last edited by Moren - on 15 March 2020

So there is a debate tonight.

Moren said:

https://nyti.ms/2xzNpOp

I'm just wondering, if Biden is the nominee, if he works with Sanders and adopts more progressive policies, you will _still_ be screaming at the top of your lungs that we should not vote for Biden in the general.

Do whatever you want sir, I'm never going to vote for him. My vote is mine, your vote is yours. Just read my post above and understand why I'm where I am, and understand that the left will not fall in line behind Biden. Bernie tried to pull Hillary left and she chose Tim Kaine and lost. It would be the exact same story with Biden and honestly, we already know Bernie will back Biden if he's the nominee. "Not me, Us" The Us in that will not move to Biden, we will continue to fight for the policies we want and continue to push as hard as we can to get the policies that will help everyone including people like you who scream pie in the sky at it. This is a people's movement and we wont stop until everyone has basic human rights. I'm just trying to let others understand in this thread that saying you'll vote for Joe if he's the nominee while knowing is record and expecting him to do anything he's saying is a laugh. You have to force him to do so and the way you do that is to demand before you concede his vote and if his plans aren't enough, push him more. The problem is however we don't have big money, we're everyday people so we can't buy him and he's bought and paid for. Public and private policy. He can talk a big game but he's 77, he's stuck in his ways he wont change. He'll continue to throw us under the bus regardless of what he says and I refuse to be a part of that. Would I love to be wrong about this? Yes I would, but history is on my side and it keeps repeating itself so no. I refuse. I will never vote for this man.

uran10 said:

Another reason I do not trust Joe Biden and why you shouldn't either? He's a pathological liar, just like Trump.

News flash Lefties, the Democrats have to earn your vote they aren't entitled to it You should listen to this its very educational on why I'm where I am and why I wouldn't support Joe. @Moren listen to this and understand:

One more to add to this:

I think I've made my point here. If you're comfortable voting for him that's you. Your vote is your vote. But someone like this? I can't. This lesser of two evils thing hurts my soul and changes nothing, it wont improve my life nor yours. The moment you understand this very simple thing is the reason why you understand why there is such a huge NeverBiden movement picking up. You want us to remove someone god awful and replace him with someone that IMO is equally god awful or even more so. No thanks, I want a candidate I can vote for. I don't want to be voting against someone, I want someone who inspires me and will fight for me. The two remaining who can win have very distinct records. One who fights and one who gives into the rich and powerful. He already gave us a glimpse of his cabinet, its the same old same old and we can't take that anymore. We're suffering here and he's not trying to fix it, he's not trying to help us improve our lives and I can never, and will never throw my support behind someone like that. Blame me for Trump for 4 more years if he gets it, I'm in the deepest of blue states my vote only matters in April and after that its worthless. Whoever has the D next to it wins. I just refuse to support someone with the record of Joe. The only person who ran that was worst than Joe was Bloomberg. Even someone who is so much of a Puppet like Pete is "slightly" better than Joe, but they'll all the same side of the same coin. I'm not doing this. I refuse to take part in this sham. I want change I refuse to vote for the guy who said things will not fundamentally change and considering how we're fairing in this pandemic right now, I think a fundamental change is very much needed.

I don't need a calculating person whose looking out for their career and doesn't really believe in these policies, because if they did they would endorse the person pushing these policies. Your true colours show and I believe them. Joe has shown me who he is and this pandering will not work for me because I do not support what he stands for and never will.