By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

uran10 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Anybody has an idea at what time to expect first real results from NH?

I'm gonna say around 8pm et. or 7pm et that's when polling closes so we should see results after that, though I think they said by 9:30pm et

That'be 3am here, too late for me. Gonna check the numbers when I wake up, then

Around the Network

NH polls close no later than 8pm EST. So, expect results shortly thereafter as most polls close at 7pm, only a few stay open until 8pm.

SpokenTruth said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I'll watch that later, but Iowa was not a clusterfuck. We had paper ballots that we had to sign in addition to voting with our feet, by standing in a candidate's corner. Everyone could see the counts for themselves. 99% of all votes got counted correctly. The only reason they are doing a recanvass is because the election was so close, and because Pete's camp requested it. The only way they fucked up was with having an app for reporting the results, instead of more traditional methods. The app was used for reporting, but not counting actual votes. That was done in person, and was an open process with many people getting their phones out to record the count themselves in a video. 

Also, the Iowa Caucuses are fantastic, because they are basically in person ranked choice voting. It gets even better because you can physically see the support for other candidates, which may influence your choice. Was your first pick Biden, and you second pick Klobochar? Well you can see physically, that nobody in your precinct supports them, so you move to your 3rd pick, which is Bernie, or Pete. This helps ensure that people vote for who they both like, and think will win. If we didn't have the Iowa Caucuses Obama, and Bernie wouldn't have a shot. We'd have been stuck with Hillary in 08, and Biden in 2020. 

There have been reports that the precinct numbers and the published numbers for many areas aren't 1:1.  Any idea why that happened?

There's always that one guy that thinks he can move to another candidate in round 2, after his round one candidate reached the viable threshold. This of course, is against the rules of the caucus. We had paper ballots specifically to prevent this sort of rule breaking this time around. 

Honestly, watching the media digest what happened in Iowa is surreal. They weren't there. Their reporting on Iowa is clueless and incompetent. 

We got some first results from 7 precincts that have been counted.

Bernie is leading the fray with a commanding lead: With 32.3% of the votes so far, he's far in front of Pete Buttigieg, who only got up to 20.4%.

On the third spot, we surpringly enough find Amy Klobuchar, who did pretty well here too with 17.7% of the votes.

Next is Warren, who only got 11.1% of the votes so far, seriously below expectations.

Speaking of below expectations, Biden comes in next with an abysmal 7.8% of the votes. At this rate, his campaign is pretty much dead by Super Tuesday.

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/new-hampshire/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/us/politics/andrew-yang-drops-out.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Was never a fan, but I hope he finds a spot in the next administration.

Around the Network

It's a bit sad to see Yang go, he was one of the candidates with more original and interesting policies, but yeah, he stood no chance. And I said before, he probably holds out until NH and if nothing extreme happens there he drops out. Same goes for Tulsi Gabbard. I hope he decides soon on an endorsement (same for Tulsi if she drops out too).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

And for the preliminary result, I think the two main takeaways that we will see here:

1. Amy Klobuchar is surprisingly strong!
2. Biden is toast.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SpokenTruth said:
Biden is 5th so far.

I knew a few months ago he wasn't going to do well in Iowa and NH but 5th? I didn't expect 5th. Ouch.

Percentage wise, he's doing worse than Weld on the republican side, who got around 12% after 31 precincts. Who would have expected that Just a week ago?

SpokenTruth said:

UPDATE: Andrew Yang has suspended his presidential campaign.

I didn't expect him to drop out already, I thought he would stay at least until Super Tuesday.

haxxiy said:

I wish Biden had never ran. Maybe Klobuchar could have been actually been a leader in the moderate lane.