By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Oh I must have missed that XD. 20 people on stage at once for a debate sounds like chaos.

Lol.  Keep reading my first post.  The first debate is split across 2 nights with up to 10 qualified candidates chosen at random for each night.

Okay I see. That makes things less chaotic. I hope some of the lesser known candidates can stand out. 

Around the Network

As I probably mentioned Tulsi, Yang, and possibly Bernie are my candidates right now. I'm really not interested in the other candidates as most seem to be either your typical establishment Neolib/mainstream Dems and/or are just too heavy on the Trump hysteria and/or identity politics bs, all traits that repel me with the Dem candidates.

Though Buttigieg seems like a decent guy from what little I've heard and seen of him. Thing is I just don't know a ton about him, and he doesn't seem to be on record with too many policies or ideals. I hear there's a chance he'll be appearing on Dave Rubin's show which would certainly raise his respect in my book even further and give me a chance to learn about him.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

SpokenTruth said:

Qualifies for debates via …

Candidate Polls Donors Both

Bill de Blasio

Wait really? He has announced and instantly got 65K donors?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Welp that was fast, although somehow I knew it was coming.. Apparently Pete and his staff seem to have already been pressured and bullied into steering clear of the Dave Rubin show. Forget it then. Tough for me to hold any respect for the man if all it takes for him to cave are a handful of twitter brats and a few puritanical media outlets. I'll just go on supporting Yang/Tulsi/Bernie...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
Welp that was fast, although somehow I knew it was coming.. Apparently Pete and his staff seem to have already been pressured and bullied into steering clear of the Dave Rubin show. Forget it then. Tough for me to hold any respect for the man if all it takes for him to cave are a handful of twitter brats and a few puritanical media outlets. I'll just go on supporting Yang/Tulsi/Bernie...

Check out Gravel. He definitely won't make it, but if you check him out, I bet you'll wish he made it farther.

Around the Network

Great work on that campaign finances chart, SpokenTruth.

Can't wait for the debates. I doubt much of anything substantial will happen on this front until then.

The DNC apparently has released the the qualifying criteria for the third debate. This time both criteria (unique donors and polling) have to be met and both criteria have higher thresholds. You need both:

• 135,000 unique donors
  • four polls released between June 28 and August 28 with 2% or higher for the candidate

Looking at the current field, this will be hard to achieve for a lot of contenders. So for the third debate probably less than 10 contenders will qualify.

Nate Silver from 538 has made a quick analysis: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/silver-bulletpoints-whos-in-danger-of-missing-the-third-debate/

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

The DNC apparently has released the the qualifying criteria for the third debate. This time both criteria (unique donors and polling) have to be met and both criteria have higher thresholds. You need both:

• 135,000 unique donors
  • four polls released between June 28 and August 28 with 2% or higher for the candidate

Looking at the current field, this will be hard to achieve for a lot of contenders. So for the third debate probably less than 10 contenders will qualify.

Nate Silver from 538 has made a quick analysis: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/silver-bulletpoints-whos-in-danger-of-missing-the-third-debate/

It should have been this from the start.

The wide field is favoring Uncle Joe, and I don't think he'd fare much better than Hillary with his creepy antics.

(edit: that is probably enough to defeat Trump, but I'm thinking more about the potential to help state and local elections)

Last edited by haxxiy - on 04 June 2019

September? Seriously? Stacey, you're amazing, but seriously, go run for an office in Georgia already. This is getting ridiculous.

HylianSwordsman said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Check out Gravel. He definitely won't make it, but if you check him out, I bet you'll wish he made it farther.

Gravel seems awesome. I just wish he was like 20 years younger lol. He makes Bernie look young.