By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Leaving Neverland": Do you think Michael Jackson is Innocent?

Thriller and Invincible or Bad and Dangerous

Good guy, wrongly accused 55 51.89%

Talented Bad guy 28 26.42%

A little of both. 23 21.70%

Total:106

My family grew up loving Michael Jackson. I remember running to the living room when a new music video would premier. The guy was just magic. Larger than life. He did some weird things but it was just accepted that Michael Jackson wasn't like the rest of us. The rules didn't apply to him. Even now, looking at my phone's music playlist, there's more Michael Jackson content that I've downloaded and purchased than any other artist.

Wherever anyone had something negative to say, we automatically took Michael Jackson's side. They had some ulterior motive. Michael was pure and good. Even when allegations would come up, we believed Michael over the "victims". Now, after watching the documentary "Leaving Neverland", I just don't know how to feel.

I know how manipulative documentaries can be but this one. Woo! Watching it, I just felt sick. We don't know Michael Jackson. We know what we've seen of him. At this point, I feel like I voluntarily ignored things because I loved the image his camp conveyed. I don't know. I'm getting long winded.

Have you seen it? What do you think of the documentary and of Michael?

Around the Network

I haven't seen Leaving Neverland but saw some earlier documentaries. Always though he's a disgusting, disturbed pedophile freak tbh. Never could buy any of his "it's just love" excuses.

Anyone who followed the original case knows that these characters, especially Wade Wilson is a tool. He claimed he was innocent at first and even attended MJ's televised memorial. The maid on the doc is also someone who was fired for steeling from the Neverland.

Yes, MJ is very odd and probably attracted to children but is not the monster they are making him out to be. Especially based on this doc. Its a joke.

Too many accounts. Too many similarities in those accounts. I believe him to be guilty but I don't know. I simply am not informed enough to make a decision.

I am yet to see the documentary.

foodfather said:

Yes, MJ is very odd and probably attracted to children but is not the monster they are making him out to be.

Explain this further please.

Around the Network

A grown man spending that much time with children that isn't his. There obviously is something going on there. I think many don't want it to be true because Michael Jackson have been a big part of their life. I don't mind people still listening to his music, but defending him at this point is a bit much.

My reaction? The guy is dead and gone, he cannot hurt anyone anymore if he is guilty, so I do not care to depress myself with alleged stories of ended child abuse.

The one boy and prob one of the more recent ones to becone close to MJ and to this day still close to MJ's family had this to say when pressed about the accusations. If you read his history and his relationship to Michael it certainly appears more like a love affair.the way Michael befriended the parents to gain access to the child seemed frightfully similar to all the other stories. 

“I don’t wish to say too much about it, but I will say Michael in many ways was very innocent. But you can’t expect everybody to have the same view on everything. […] To him certain things was natural and completely innocent, things that not necessarily all people would view the same way.”

– Omer Bhatti towards Elle (a norwegian magazine)

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

He was certainly a weirdo due to something like the Peter Pan syndrome. But i'm not sure if he was more then that. The new documentary is almost all anecdotal.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Does the doc have any hard evidence?