By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Sony in discussions to aquire Take-Two Interactive

looking everywhere and I can't find the source of the rumor.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I love Sony and I'm getting a PS5 without doubt but how would this benefit the industry? I hope it's not true since Sony will exchange a huge wad of money and gamers in return will gain very little. I'm far more interested in them supporting small devs and bringing projects to life that would otherwise struggle or not have the same level of financial support.

CGI-Quality said:

I'll say the same thing I said after Microsoft acquired Ninja Theory — as long as the games don't suffer (and they won't, being exclusives), I'm all for it.

The thing with Ninja Theory (which makes me feel different) is that they've never had the budget to really take risks and they've had a troubled commercial past with their retail releases.  Microsoft will undoubtably help them create games they've never been able to in the past. 

This sounds too crazy to be true. Like those rumors of Microsoft buying ea and Nintendo buying Capcom

I don’t want Microsoft and Sony to start buying these big companies

Poked around a bit.

Joel Kulina, head of technology and media trading at Wedbush Securities (a privately held financial services and investment firm), referenced the rumor about the potential takeover.

Still, where did he get that rumor from..?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I doubt it, but if they do, I think they stay mulitplat.

ArchangelMadzz said:
dx11332sega said:

They would Because the uproar from taketwo will have Microsoft thinking twice .Satya nadella doesn't wanna get embarassed that Sony just made a big move so satya nadella green lights microsoft to buy big 

Xbox is such a small division of Microsoft. I highly doubt it would bother him that much as long as the Xbox division can still bring profits. 

Microsoft invest in Xbox, but the money it would take to buy EA, I doubt they'd allow such a huge investment, especially as they already got quite a lot of money for the Minecraft purchase which I doubt they've seen a full return on yet. 

You are thinking way to small.  If MS decided to purchase EA it would not just be for the Xbox division.  MS is already in a transition to move gamepass and their other online gaming services to everything they can get it on.  Purchasing EA or any other big time publisher would be an investment for all of their products.  From Azure to PC, to Xbox and cloud services.  Ultimately MS is looking to own the gaming space as much as possible because its another area for huge profit margins if you can lock all type of consumers to one platform.

Go home Sony, you're drunk

deskpro2k3 said:
Poked around a bit.

Joel Kulina, head of technology and media trading at Wedbush Securities (a privately held financial services and investment firm), referenced the rumor about the potential takeover.

He is head of an investment firm. I'm sure investment firms get the scoop on rumors like this all the time because they have to; how do they know what to invest in without having knowledge on what they're investing in. The bigger question is why T2 would agree to this? How does this benefit them? 

deskpro2k3 said:
Poked around a bit.

Wedbush Securities, aye? Well, say no more, say no more...that's were Pachter works. ;)