By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Sony in discussions to aquire Take-Two Interactive

Geralt99 said:
Imagine a game with "sony interactive entertainment presents" and then rockstar games logo appearing on screen.
Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Uh .... why?

I kind of get wanting first party studios to expand in number and also being happy that a talented company is joining as a first party developer for a console you like. It adds the perceived notion of value that not only are you getting something, but it's special only for this specific purchase you made.

But it really wouldn't affect anything else aside from that. Take-Two is already in the business of making critically acclaimed massive sellers and they don't need more money or support. 

Quite literally all it would do would lock the game from more people xD I really can't see Take-Two making their games much differently under Sony.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
These talks need to fall through. This would be truly awful for Xbox and PC gamers, losing future GTA, Red Dead, Borderlands, Bioshock, NBA 2K, etc. releases.

Could be bad news for Sony fans as well, as this could set a bad precedent that would lead to Microsoft and Google (who is also trying to break into the gaming market) buying up other big 3rd party publishers like Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Square Enix, Capcom, etc. in order to try and compete against Sony. 3rd party multiplats could disappear almost entirely if this happens. We need to be moving toward a future with less exclusives honestly, not more exclusives.

I have no problem with that, let Google buy Ubisoft, and Microsoft buy EA.

If these companies want to bolster their Libraries, and dig in for the Streaming future, that is great news. If this would mean future titles from Take-Two, EA, and Ubisoft have a 1st Party level of polish, then we all win.

I have no problem subscribing to PS Now, Game Pass, and Google Stream. Ideally, at a minimum the streaming service would be available on all platforms, with native support on PC and each individual companies hardware. To me that would make owning the hardware, and subscribing to the services much more enticing.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I find this hard to believe simply because what would the incentive be for Take-Two to wanna get bought out by any company? They're not hurting for money by any means, just look at all the cash they're making from GTA V and GTA Online from multiple systems alone and how Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold and will continue to sell.

Why choose to limit that to one system?

No.

Sony can easily leverage banks for a cash buyout of Take-Two, companies do it all the time. Disney used $36 billion (of a $71 Billion dollar deal) of bank financing to help it purchase Fox's entertainment assets.

In Sony's case they can put $1-2 billion of their own cash, sell its stake in Spotify for another $1 billion, give $2 billion in shares and finance the rest.

Around the Network

This would be massive if true, doesn't seen possible to be honest I don't believe it.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Geralt99 said:
Imagine a game with "sony interactive entertainment presents" and then rockstar games logo appearing on screen.
Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Uh .... why?

I kind of get wanting first party studios to expand in number and also being happy that a talented company is joining as a first party developer for a console you like. It adds the perceived notion of value that not only are you getting something, but it's special only for this specific purchase you made.

But it really wouldn't affect anything else aside from that. Take-Two is already in the business of making critically acclaimed massive sellers and they don't need more money or support. 

Quite literally all it would do would lock the game from more people xD I really can't see Take-Two making their games much differently under Sony.

I don't think you have to worry about games being locked to one platform very much longer. In some form or fashion we will be able to play all games on all devices very soon. As much as people hate streaming, this is the reality that it brings. Microsoft, Sony, Google, Amazon, these companies arn't looking to reach the ~200 million people that own consoles, they are going after the 3 Billion people connected via the devices they already own.

The industry is about to change a lot, regardless whether this rumor is true or not. Streaming, VR, Mobile, these technologies are about to open a whole new chapter for gaming.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

StarDoor said:
Take-Two's market cap is over 10 billion dollars. How could Sony even afford this?

Sony's total equity is 27 billion dollars, and 171 billion in assets. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I don´t believe that at all.

dx11332sega said:

Then Microsoft buys EA they will own fifa, madden,nhl, star wars , sims, etc. Yes do it Sony so that Microsoft aswell is tempted to spend big

Nah MS is becoming a third party studio so it won't happen.