By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Sony in discussions to aquire Take-Two Interactive

this would be a interesting move...

Take-Two Interactive Software TTWO stock climbed 4.7% on rumors that Sony CorpSNE“is in advanced board level discussions to acquire Take-Two Interactive in a mostly cash deal,” that would value the company at $130 share, according to Joel Kulina, head of technology and media trading at Wedbush Securities.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/84180768-4578-11E9-B51B-23F0ABA71583?__twitter_impression=true

Around the Network

No way.

That includes Rockstar, right? Damn this is huge if true. Rumored big deals like this always make me skeptical of it's validity

Take-Two's market cap is over 10 billion dollars. How could Sony even afford this?

This would be insane if true and next gen will be nuts for Sony!

Edit: Again, if true, could MS intervene and purchase Take-Two before Sony can?  Seeing as how MS been buying all these devs. 

Last edited by V-r0cK - on 13 March 2019

Around the Network

Imagine a game with "sony interactive entertainment presents" and then rockstar games logo appearing on screen.
Gives me chills just thinking about it.

But then again , i don't see this being true.
If it is , then i would be pleasently surprised.

Sounds insanely false.

Very interesting. If true, this would be an absolutely incredible statement from Sony. This would be a PS2 era type move if true. Bioshock, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2K, and Red Dead, among others, exclusive to PlayStation Hardware and PlayStation Now would drive the steak in their market leadership deep into the ground.

If this turns out true, color me extremely impressed with Sony.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

We might see record console sales for Sony if true. Especially if Rockstar and T2 do exclusive games. This is mindblowing. I don't care much for T2 or Rockstar's games but I know a ton of people do and this would be the greatest studio/company acquisition probably in the history of videogames.

Yes someone talked about it on a french board.
As long as I can play GTA, I'm good.