By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 10 March 4-10 2019 (media create)

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nate4Drake said:

Well, not only.

Not only Nintendo? So vita must sold amazingly and make ps4 sales look like nothing compared to it, right?

Did you read my last post? Or you simply deleted all lines apart from the first 3 words I wrote ?

Games like Super Mario Party, Pokemon let's go, SSBU and New super mario Bros U Deluxe have created momentum, guaranteed, but can it be the only reason?  I think this Switch became the cool thing to buy in Japan, and NA as well, for a combination of reasons, and one could be its Social System, no need to elaborate about this; generally consoles sell mostly because of games, not because they offer such an enjoyable, unique experience that using the system itself becomes a selling point. Nintendo has moved to a completely different direction; the games are going to sell because of the hardware, and with this I'm not saying Switch hasn't great games ;)  It is also very smart and cool if you have kids.  The Switch is also yet another Nintendo system that looks and feels like a toy, and I mean that in a positive way!     Parents feel safe letting younger kids to play with the Switch, and the biggest and best games appeal to just every demographic, built in easier modes so that kids and parents can play together and have fun, from the co-op mode of Super Mario Odyssey to the racing available in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.  This kind of trend and feelings is spreading more and more as time passes, this could play a fundamental part in the YOY peak.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Jranation said:

He is probably comparing the first 2 years of PS4 and first 2 years of Switch. MH came out in PS4's 4th year. 

Well, yeah, just checked the lineup from the 2 first years and almost nothing worthwhile came out in that time, and what was worthwhile is either already on the Switch or announced for it. Except the first non-release title, FF XIV: A Realm Reborn, I couldn't find anything to seriously push the PS4 which the Switch doesn't have or get.

But damn did Sony fuck up that Japan launch. Even the Wii U didn't have to wait for 2 entire months (February 22 to April 14) before the first non-launch game came out there. And that was just one game, the next one came 3 weeks later, and then 3 weeks later 2 other games. No wonder the Wii U outsold the PS4 there for a while.

Yep! I remember the PS4 started quite slow in Japan. I wonder if it will happen again for the PS5. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Good first week for DMC 5 with a nice hardware bump for Playtation 4!

Dr.Vita said:
Good first week for DMC 5 with a nice hardware bump for Playtation 4!

Yep, very healthy figures ;)  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Kerotan said:

If switch had ps4 library it would probably not be doing any better in japan at least. The games switch has gotten so far are much bigger sellers in Japan then what the ps4 had early on. 

But i think someone here said as long as it is a portable, it is destined to sell well in Japan just like the Switch no matter what?

Someone also told me God and the tooth fairly were real. Doesn't mean it's true.

In reality you need a great line up to not flop but you also need portability to reach your maximum potential in Japan. 

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not only Nintendo? So vita must sold amazingly and make ps4 sales look like nothing compared to it, right?

Did you read my last post? Or you simply deleted all lines apart from the first 3 words I wrote ?

Games like Super Mario Party, Pokemon let's go, SSBU and New super mario Bros U Deluxe have created momentum, guaranteed, but can it be the only reason?  I think this Switch became the cool thing to buy in Japan, and NA as well, for a combination of reasons, and one could be its Social System, no need to elaborate about this; generally consoles sell mostly because of games, not because they offer such an enjoyable, unique experience that using the system itself becomes a selling point. Nintendo has moved to a completely different direction; the games are going to sell because of the hardware, and with this I'm not saying Switch hasn't great games ;)  It is also very smart and cool if you have kids.  The Switch is also yet another Nintendo system that looks and feels like a toy, and I mean that in a positive way!     Parents feel safe letting younger kids to play with the Switch, and the biggest and best games appeal to just every demographic, built in easier modes so that kids and parents can play together and have fun, from the co-op mode of Super Mario Odyssey to the racing available in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.  This kind of trend and feelings is spreading more and more as time passes, this could play a fundamental part in the YOY peak.

So again, because it is a Nintendo handheld? :))

Kerotan said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

But i think someone here said as long as it is a portable, it is destined to sell well in Japan just like the Switch no matter what?

Someone also told me God and the tooth fairly were real. Doesn't mean it's true.

In reality you need a great line up to not flop but you also need portability to reach your maximum potential in Japan. 

So you mean the guy i just replied is lying? :))

Is this really confirmed?..

Last edited by Supermario28 - on 14 March 2019

Supermario28 said:

Is this really confirmed?..

Couldn't they at least wait until Switch has passed PS4

I woke every wednesday at 8am to see the charts. Gonna miss these days