By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another JRPG Canceled on Xbox One, RPG Maker MV

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

The same can be said almost about any other platform except Switch (Nintendo is the only platform holder that funds JRPGs nowadays which is the reason they have some exclusive ones).

We have some JRPGs exclusive to PS4 and Sony still finance some like FF VII remake and Shenmue 3.

Shenmue 3 was financed via kickstarter. Sony only gave them stage to promote kickstarter campaign. And, yeah, it doesn't even count because it will be on PC so you don't need PS4 to play it. FF7 is a question. Might go multiplatform like FF Versus XIII did. Because FF7 remake will be next gen game. Considering they had to start over last year, it isn't releasing until late 2020 at earliest. So, this kinda backs my point - there are almost no true exclusive JRPGs that require you to have PS4 in order to play them except for maybe some small ones that don't release in the west.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
DonFerrari said:
Well the game doesn't look good.

I was super excited when I first heard about it as I have played some quite good Saint Seiya games made with it 10-15 years ago... but this RPG Maker seems almost the same as it did back then.

It isn't even a game. And considering how it flopped on PS4/Switch (4000-5000 combined first week in Japan) and that it is a buggy mess, I'm not surprised at this decision.

So it will hardly be missed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

derpysquirtle64 said:
DonFerrari said:

We have some JRPGs exclusive to PS4 and Sony still finance some like FF VII remake and Shenmue 3.

Shenmue 3 was financed via kickstarter. Sony only gave them stage to promote kickstarter campaign. And, yeah, it doesn't even count because it will be on PC so you don't need PS4 to play it. FF7 is a question. Might go multiplatform like FF Versus XIII did. Because FF7 remake will be next gen game. Considering they had to start over last year, it isn't releasing until late 2020 at earliest. So, this kinda backs my point - there are almost no true exclusive JRPGs that require you to have PS4 in order to play them except for maybe some small ones that don't release in the west.

Officially yes, but I'm pretty sure Sony have/will put money on it as well. The amount raised in Kickstarter doesn't seem like what would be needed if they were to go their full vision. But well even if Sony doesn't put a cent on it the advertisement itself is worth quite some money (well Sony also benefitted a lot from it).

And there is almost no full exclusive anyway besides the ones made by 1st party. And on that it is quite curious that on VGC every time some doesn't put a game on Nintendo platform we got a lot of complains but when they put only on Nintendo even without moneyhat we don't see as much complain (and probably would get quite some defenses on why it makes sense).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Games like that dont sell well on Xbox. It probably costs more trying to port it than profiting from it.

Anyway its on PC. For me, ill pass. Iv played one of the JRPG makers and sadly there garbage.

its ok they will probably get persona 5 along with all those final fantasy games thats coming soon. that should be more than enough jrpgs for xbox this gen

Around the Network

Xbox have a good quantity of Rpgs, not only jrpgs, The ports of final Fantasy 7, 10,10-2 and 12 are great additions to finish this generation.
Thanks to backward compatibility , i have access to great rpgs from xbox 360 (Lost odsyssey,blue dragon,etc) and the original Xbox (Jade empire, Kotor,kotor 2, morrowind,etc) so we have less games compared to PS4, but is not a bad situation.
About the canceled game, is just rpg maker for console, nothing important i think. A port of Disgaea will be a real offer from NIS.

Sorry for my bad english.

Pinkie_pie said:
its ok they will probably get persona 5 along with all those final fantasy games thats coming soon. that should be more than enough jrpgs for xbox this gen

You sure they're getting Persona 5? I'm not convinced. Switch....more than likely.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You sure they're getting Persona 5? I'm not convinced. Switch....more than likely.

if switch gets persona 5 so will xbox. its much easier to port it to xbox so why not.

This should surprise exactly no one to hear about titles not making their way to the X1 now, considering the figures it is sell each week, if short of resources right now for ports the X1 would have to be the port to get canned.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Barozi said:
outlawauron said:

Eh, the 360 got exclusive JRPGs in addition to some multiplatform games (as a lot of that list is just ports of games already on 360). Not a single one of those games require an Xbox to play them, so I find it hard to agree with you.

Keep playing exclusives, I'd rather play games and that's where X1 has clearly more and better JRPGs.
Also out of the 21 Xbox One games I've listed there are only 3 ports of 360 games on the list (Dark Souls 2, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition), so what are you talking about?

The 3 FF13 games were all on 360 as well. I thought Pier Solar was on 360 (it even made it to Wii U lol), but it avoided the platform. I should worded my post to 360 era, because ports of older games that have already been released in English don't really even land for me. Felt the list was being fluffed a bit. Would be like me arguing with things like Operation Darkness and Zoids Assault.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.