By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another JRPG Canceled on Xbox One, RPG Maker MV

Tagged games:

Shocked to hear dev port for Xbone has collapsed. Here I was thinking it was still getting all the important games.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
DonFerrari said:

Officially yes, but I'm pretty sure Sony have/will put money on it as well. The amount raised in Kickstarter doesn't seem like what would be needed if they were to go their full vision. But well even if Sony doesn't put a cent on it the advertisement itself is worth quite some money (well Sony also benefitted a lot from it).

And there is almost no full exclusive anyway besides the ones made by 1st party. And on that it is quite curious that on VGC every time some doesn't put a game on Nintendo platform we got a lot of complains but when they put only on Nintendo even without moneyhat we don't see as much complain (and probably would get quite some defenses on why it makes sense).

Are you willingly forgetting the discussions over SMT V Switch exclusivity ? Cuz I remember some lengthy discussions about that one.

Nope. If there were a thread I either didn't participate or don't remember it. Still, would you agree that we get more attacks on games not going to Switch than to other systems? Same as we get more defense for game going only to Switch and not on others?

And that basically because userbase of Nintendo is a little bigger and also PS fanbase already receive a lot of games so less care given to the few games that don't go there without any attacks to the devs being dumb or hating the platform?

You could have used the case of Bayonetta, that is one that usually had complains from selected users from Xbox and PS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pinkie_pie said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

By that logic, Xbox would have Shin Megami Tensei IV, IV A and V too

Yes if ps4 gets them xbox will too

Then where are Persona Q and Persona Q 2 on both ps4/xbox 1?

Mar1217 said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope. If there were a thread I either didn't participate or don't remember it. Still, would you agree that we get more attacks on games not going to Switch than to other systems? Same as we get more defense for game going only to Switch and not on others?

And that basically because userbase of Nintendo is a little bigger and also PS fanbase already receive a lot of games so less care given to the few games that don't go there without any attacks to the devs being dumb or hating the platform?

You could have used the case of Bayonetta, that is one that usually had complains from selected users from Xbox and PS.

That was during the WiiU era. There wasn't much people to whine about the fact not much 3rd party games were coming to the console (and even less on the exclusivity front),specially since the WiiU never ended up as a success thus justifying it's non-support from them.

Switch is a complete turnover though, which completly justifies why it gets stuff of it's own like the PS4 did throughout it's lifetime. Simple as that, there's no matter of getting defensive here.

I have no issue with games going exclusive to Switch, some perhaps doesn't make sense to skip PS4 imho, but I understand that devs and pubs are making the decision they think will bring most profit. They don't avoid a system just for giggles.

And believe or not there were plenty of people that complained that the 3rd bayonetta wasn't multiplat, go figures kkkkk.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

iceland said:
A NISA game skipping Xbox, truly a sign of the end times

Sarcasm? :) 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
DonFerrari said:

I have no issue with games going exclusive to Switch, some perhaps doesn't make sense to skip PS4 imho, but I understand that devs and pubs are making the decision they think will bring most profit. They don't avoid a system just for giggles.

And believe or not there were plenty of people that complained that the 3rd bayonetta wasn't multiplat, go figures kkkkk.

It'll come from all places everytime so that's just the usual at this point,lol. (Same for the crowd on Switch wanting Persona 5, it might never come even with Joker in Smash)

Yep you are right.

A thread for a cancelled port of an RPG maker game?

hunter_alien said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Consumer interest in the system has been relatively stable and it gets huge support.

The only thing I agree is a niche Japanese developer didn't see their product succeeding on Xbox. Either way, I think classic FF games finally coming to Xbox compensates for this.

The system is nonexistent on Asian markets, it disappeared in Europe and based on current NPD numbers its kicking the bucket in the US as well. Yeah, the system is going on the way of the dodo fast. I really don't know how else to call it.

I think you mean the Xbox brand or something? Because you said the system, implying the Xbox One.

I'm simply looking at annual sales of the X1 which have been relatively stable. If what you're saying is true than sales should be much worse. At this rate 50 million units is still feasible, which would be much better than the current dodo population.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

okr said:
A thread for a cancelled port of an RPG maker game?

Seems like it. Not relevant imho.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Yes if ps4 gets them xbox will too

Then where are Persona Q and Persona Q 2 on both ps4/xbox 1?

Yes if ps4 gets Persona Q and Q 2 xbox will too but i dont think they care for Persona Q.