By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another JRPG Canceled on Xbox One, RPG Maker MV

Tagged games:

KazumaKiryu said:

Thats bad, but I'm not really surprised.

Why ? Because many wonderful JRPGs (Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, Dragon Quest 11, Tales of Berseria, Ni-Oh, Star Ocean 5, Grand Kingdom, Bloodborne, Tokyo Xanadu, Star Ocean 4 Remaster, Caligula Effect Overdose, The Last Remnant Remaster, Digimon Story/World, ect) have not been on Xbox released, in the last years. This will remain so, in future. The xboxone has died in Japan (Sales Figures). I also find it interesting that Sony is currently investing in Chinese developers and promoting studios - the Asian market is being expanded. But back to Japan: I'm curious if the next Tales of-Game is really PS4-exclusive. That's what the rumors say.

My anticipation for the new game is very big, together with the Granblue Fantasy-JRPG and Final Fantasy 7 PS4-Remake :) Maybe it would be better if Microsoft gives up the market in Japan ?! What do you think ?

That’s a long list to remember. Have you played all these great games this gen? Just asking out of curiosity 

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Thats bad, but I'm not really surprised.

Why ? Because many wonderful JRPGs (Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, Dragon Quest 11, Tales of Berseria, Ni-Oh, Star Ocean 5, Grand Kingdom, Bloodborne, Tokyo Xanadu, Star Ocean 4 Remaster, Caligula Effect Overdose, The Last Remnant Remaster, Digimon Story/World, ect) have not been on Xbox released, in the last years. This will remain so, in future. The xboxone has died in Japan (Sales Figures). I also find it interesting that Sony is currently investing in Chinese developers and promoting studios - the Asian market is being expanded. But back to Japan: I'm curious if the next Tales of-Game is really PS4-exclusive. That's what the rumors say.

My anticipation for the new game is very big, together with the Granblue Fantasy-JRPG and Final Fantasy 7 PS4-Remake :) Maybe it would be better if Microsoft gives up the market in Japan ?! What do you think ?

That’s a long list to remember. Have you played all these great games this gen? Just asking out of curiosity 

Hey :) No problem. I did not play all the mentioned games, but the black marked games. I look every JRPG at friends or on the Internet and then decide if I will include it in my collection. Of course it's also a matter of time, because I like other genre's as well. I love good Fantasy-Storys and interesting characters and that's why especially Japanese role-playing games, like many people here on VGC. My next is maybe "Caligula Effect" this month, I'm waiting of reviews. Its by Persona 1/2-Team, i think :) Wish you a great week!

Mandalore76 said:
Kerotan said:
Always sad to hear when a game is cancelled. I wish them luck on their next project

The game itself isn't being cancelled.  Just the port to Xbox One.  The game is already available on Nintendo Switch and PS4 in Japan since October of last year.  And it will still be released in NA and Europe for those platforms later this year.

That's good news then. I thought the whole project was gone. 

A NISA game skipping Xbox, truly a sign of the end times

This isnt the most significant game that has skipped Xbox.

Also, I think MS has already accepted fans of Japanese games are going to stick with PS4 and Switch. Its not a market worth fighting for.

People must forget MS once spent a lot of money getting notable JRPG content on 360 and it didnt do much for them.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Barozi said:
I'd say JRPG support has been the best ever for Microsoft consoles thus far.

FFXV
Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition HD
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Xbox One X patches for FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns FFXIII
FFVII, IX, X HD, X-2 HD, XII
Kingdom Hearts 3
Tales of Vesperia Definitive
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Valkyria Revolution
Monster Hunter World
Ys Origin
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Shining Resonance Refrain

a few ones that aren't typical JRPGs like Dark Souls 2 and 3, Nier Automata and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.
and a couple of smaller ones.

Far more and better titles than what the original Xbox and Xbox 360 got.

Eh, the 360 got exclusive JRPGs in addition to some multiplatform games (as a lot of that list is just ports of games already on 360). Not a single one of those games require an Xbox to play them, so I find it hard to agree with you.

Keep playing exclusives, I'd rather play games and that's where X1 has clearly more and better JRPGs.
Also out of the 21 Xbox One games I've listed there are only 3 ports of 360 games on the list (Dark Souls 2, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition), so what are you talking about?

outlawauron said:
Barozi said:
I'd say JRPG support has been the best ever for Microsoft consoles thus far.

FFXV
Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition HD
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Xbox One X patches for FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns FFXIII
FFVII, IX, X HD, X-2 HD, XII
Kingdom Hearts 3
Tales of Vesperia Definitive
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Valkyria Revolution
Monster Hunter World
Ys Origin
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Shining Resonance Refrain

a few ones that aren't typical JRPGs like Dark Souls 2 and 3, Nier Automata and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.
and a couple of smaller ones.

Far more and better titles than what the original Xbox and Xbox 360 got.

Eh, the 360 got exclusive JRPGs in addition to some multiplatform games (as a lot of that list is just ports of games already on 360). Not a single one of those games require an Xbox to play them, so I find it hard to agree with you.

The same can be said almost about any other platform except Switch (Nintendo is the only platform holder that funds JRPGs nowadays which is the reason they have some exclusive ones).

Well the game doesn't look good.

I was super excited when I first heard about it as I have played some quite good Saint Seiya games made with it 10-15 years ago... but this RPG Maker seems almost the same as it did back then.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

derpysquirtle64 said:
outlawauron said:

The same can be said almost about any other platform except Switch (Nintendo is the only platform holder that funds JRPGs nowadays which is the reason they have some exclusive ones).

We have some JRPGs exclusive to PS4 and Sony still finance some like FF VII remake and Shenmue 3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Well the game doesn't look good.

I was super excited when I first heard about it as I have played some quite good Saint Seiya games made with it 10-15 years ago... but this RPG Maker seems almost the same as it did back then.

It isn't even a game. And considering how it flopped on PS4/Switch (4000-5000 combined first week in Japan) and that it is a buggy mess, I'm not surprised at this decision.