By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD 2019 thread

Amnesia said:
zorg1000 said:

Edit: just noticed this was already answered

Still weird...Why suddenly the NES and SNES classic would make more than one third of Switch sales.

I think it has always been that way, plus the ps classic with it price cuts might be doing a little 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Amnesia said:

Still weird...Why suddenly the NES and SNES classic would make more than one third of Switch sales.

I think it has always been that way, plus the ps classic with it price cuts might be doing a little 

Oh that reminds me that I must buy a few one, because it is a shit. There wont be so many units sold, in 15 years I can sell it 2 or 2,5x the current price.

Farsala said:
Every console is quite a bit lower than I had predicted/hoped. I usually predict pessimistically to counter that, but even then they are low. Obviously, the lack of announcements and excitement from the big 3 could have affected February quite a bit this year.

The Switch numbers are low? They had nothing big released on feb. Just a gift card deal. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Switch = 367K
PS4 = 286K
XB1 = 227K
3DS = 55K

Others = 143K

Can Switch bowl a perfect game and win 12/12 NPDs this year? 

I think it has a shot. If PS4 price cuts or either it or Xbone have insane holiday deals I can see them picking up a month or two but if Switch is doing this well on cruise control, once heavy hitters like Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon Sword/Shield arrive it'll be a beast.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I think it has a shot. If PS4 price cuts or either it or Xbone have insane holiday deals I can see them picking up a month or two but if Switch is doing this well on cruise control, once heavy hitters like Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon Sword/Shield arrive it'll be a beast.

Did the PS4 do a 12/12? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
curl-6 said:

Did the PS4 do a 12/12? 

I honestly have no idea. Anyone else know?

curl-6 said:
Jranation said:

Did the PS4 do a 12/12? 

I honestly have no idea. Anyone else know?

Im a guessing it didnt. I feel likes Xbox One took some wins early on before Switch came out. Then when Switch came out, Switch took some wins too. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

It didn't.

2014 - Xbox One won November and December considerably.

2015 - The 3DS won February thanks to the launch of the New 3DS and the Xbox One won October thanks to Halo 5.

2016- The 3DS won July thanks to Pokemon GO hype. 

2017 - The Switch launch.

2018 - The Switch won January, July, November, and December.

SpokenTruth said:
PAOerfulone said:

It didn't.

2014 - Xbox One won November and December considerably.

2015 - The 3DS won February thanks to the launch of the New 3DS and the Xbox One won October thanks to Halo 5.

2016- The 3DS won July thanks to Pokemon GO hype. 

2017 - The Switch launch.

2018 - The Switch won January, July, November, and December.

So it almost had 2016.  Though you could partly argue it was 12/12 for home consoles.

That's an incomplete list. XBO sold more than PS4 in July, August, September, and October 2016.