By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LABO VR Kit - Video Overview released

PwerlvlAmy said:
They don't see that confident in it. Not even a video of it to even show us what its like and its out in a month

They are letting all the hate come out from people first. Then they will post the video and people would be like "oh, this is not bad"

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Only 40 bucks? Even if it is bad, it is still worth the entry point in my opinion.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Nintendo should've started with this first. Too late now.

PwerlvlAmy said:
They don't see that confident in it. Not even a video of it to even show us what its like and its out in a month

They're just farting this out because it was likely already in development from the inception of the Labo development and has been finished for a while. Nintendo doesn't seem very intent on marketing this much. 

Of all the Labo concepts this actually seems to most interesting, so it figures they don't give a shit about it, lol. 

im waiting for Nintendo to learn about head straps

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Hope it comes with a LABO Support Kit for tired arms.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's aimed for kids. Why on earth would people complain about it, considering that even if you don't own the Switch it'd cost you $339, making it one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) VR experience out there. It's pretty much Google cardboard, but from Nintendo.

vivster said:
Hope it comes with a LABO Support Kit for tired arms.

Nintendo gave kids plenty of time to train their ARMS for this

Kristof81 said:

It's aimed for kids. Why on earth would people complain about it, considering that even if you don't own the Switch it'd cost you $339, making it one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) VR experience out there. It's pretty much Google cardboard, but from Nintendo.

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid I was very disappointed with subpar experiences. Imo the best kid toys are those, that even adults think are fun - shallow shit will be forgotten about in days. Hopefully this VR kit is much better than what I've experienced with Google Cardboard (the app "Titans of Space" is decent, the rest.. not so much).

BTW you can get a 1080p phone with enough power for 80% of the VR apps + cardboard for sub $100.

Last edited by Lafiel - on 07 March 2019

Liquid_faction said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I mean Labo is approaching 2 million total between the different kits, and is already over a million on the original variety kit, so I wouldn't call it a flop, honestly. Not everything has to sell 5+ or 10+ million copies to be considered successful.

Of course sales aren't everything (not being sarcastic) I could love a game that sells less than a million copies. My problem with Nintendo doubling down on the Labo is that it was a mediocre product from the start. Sony, Microsoft, any of the three could have made this product, and I would still see it as a waste of funds. Cardboard wears down too fast (especiallyfor the audience they're targeting it to), and the games they included in it all look like something you would get for Free on the Android Playstore.

First Nintendo is not doubling down on the Labo with this, this is probably one of early Labo plans, most of this addons were in first Labo trailer. Second, you clearly overestimating resources and time needed for product like Labo, we talking about cardboard product with collection of mini games, we couldnt have even one AA game for same time and resources spent in all 4 Labo Kits combined, point that we will have 4 different Labo Kits in around one year time tells you a lot.

I liked the concept of Labo and I like VR, but considering the sales of both separated is very niche, I guess this will be super niche.

But it seems different enough to be quite interesting. Good luck ninty.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."