By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Announces Maximus Cup Event for Tetris 99. Top 999 Players get 999 Gold Coin (~$10)

Tagged games:

Sounds awesome. I'll play in the event, but I have zero 1st Place finishes. I just barely cracked the Top 10 a couple of times.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
That's really awesome for those that play this! I really wanted to play this but you need to have a Nintendo Online membership :(

I know free online games on PS4/XB1 dont require membership and was hoping this Tetris game would be the same.

I'm pretty sure this game was created as a perk for Nintendo's subscription service.

Also, I can't play free online multiplayer games on my Xbox One without paying for Gold membership.

RaptorChrist said:
nero said:
Never been number 1, 13 max, but still great rewards has nintendo done anything like this before?

I'm pretty sure my max was exactly 13 as well, and it was ironically my first match. Since then either I have gotten worse, or other people have gotten better at the game at a faster rate than I have. :(

Indeed, to the point I've been out sub 90 lol, but it'll be great the see global score. Some twitchers like wumbotize will definitely snatch the prize. Better get ready and train

Mandalore76 said:
V-r0cK said:
That's really awesome for those that play this! I really wanted to play this but you need to have a Nintendo Online membership :(

I know free online games on PS4/XB1 dont require membership and was hoping this Tetris game would be the same.

I'm pretty sure this game was created as a perk for Nintendo's subscription service.

Also, I can't play free online multiplayer games on my Xbox One without paying for Gold membership.

Oh maybe its just PS4?  I know games like Fortnite, Warframe, World of Tanks can be played without PS Plus.

But ya I guess it was a perk for Nintendo subscribers since it was shown on Nintendo direct.

very cool idea.  Hope Nintendo keeps doing stuff like this with games and contests.  my highest so far is 15th, sadly.  Usually i end up in the mid 20's

Around the Network

i suck at this game I got like rank 14 first match and after that cant even rank top 50

So apparently they're just randomly selecting 999 people out of all players who have won at least one game during the event. Number of wins doesn't matter.

After reading some of these replies, I guess I'm actually kind of decent at Tetris after all. I've come in 2nd a handful of times and finish top 10 every 5 games or so. But I still haven't won...until today! Picked a great time to nab my first win, during this Maximus Cup event. :)

I'll see if I can win again this weekend, but if Flilix is right all I need to do now is hope I'm one of those randomly selected.

Last edited by kenjab - on 09 March 2019

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish