By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will sell more, Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Tagged games:

I think the bigger seller will be...

Animal Crossing 63 42.28%

Pokemon Sword/Shield 86 57.72%

Total:149
MasonADC said:
Jumpin said:
Yeah, I guess the answer is very clear now. Animal Crossing is substantially bigger than Pokemon.

That’s crazy to say now. Even if ACNH does outsell SWSH, that just means ACNH is bigger than SWSH. Not that animal crossing is bigger than pokemon 

Yeah as an IP Pokemon is unquestionably bigger, it's the biggest media franchise in the world, worth a whopping $92 billion.

It's like how Mario is a bigger franchise than Zelda despite BOTW outselling NSMBU.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
MasonADC said:

That’s crazy to say now. Even if ACNH does outsell SWSH, that just means ACNH is bigger than SWSH. Not that animal crossing is bigger than pokemon 

Yeah as an IP Pokemon is unquestionably bigger, it's the biggest media franchise in the world, worth a whopping $92 billion.

It's like how Mario is a bigger franchise than Zelda despite BOTW outselling NSMBU.

I think you guys are missing the point. Obviously no other Nintendo gaming brands aside from Mario can even put up a fight to Pokémon as an overall brand, but when people say AC has surpassed Pokémon they mean in the current sense as in during this year 2020, AC is definitely looking like Nintendo's current MVP. Obviously it has a lot of work to do in order to catch up to Pomemon as an overall brand and in the all time discussion. But for this discussion in the current stage AC is definitely bigger than Pokemon at this very moment.

newwil7l said:
curl-6 said:

I think you guys are missing the point. Obviously no other Nintendo gaming brands aside from Mario can even put up a fight to Pokémon as an overall brand, but when people say AC has surpassed Pokémon they mean in the current sense as in during this year 2020, AC is definitely looking like Nintendo's current MVP. Obviously it has a lot of work to do in order to catch up to Pomemon as an overall brand and in the all time discussion. But for this discussion in the current stage AC is definitely bigger than Pokemon at this very moment.

We don't even have the numbers to support that claim yet. And once we do it'll only show which specific game is bigger, not which IP.

curl-6 said:
newwil7l said:

We don't even have the numbers to support that claim yet. And once we do it'll only show which specific game is bigger, not which IP.

I mena you're kidding yourself at this point if you honestly think AC won't be the fastest selling Switch game and it is going to outsell SS by a pretty wide margin as well. It also definitely pushed more systems and just garnered way more attention from the media and general public too. I think its silly to try and pretend any other Nintendo brand is currently as prolific as AC at this moment.

newwil7l said:
curl-6 said:

I mena you're kidding yourself at this point if you honestly think AC won't be the fastest selling Switch game and it is going to outsell SS by a pretty wide margin as well. It also definitely pushed more systems and just garnered way more attention from the media and general public too. I think its silly to try and pretend any other Nintendo brand is currently as prolific as AC at this moment.

We have no solid numbers yet for AC and Pokemon is objectively the bigger brand at $92 billion.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
newwil7l said:

We have no solid numbers yet for AC and Pokemon is objectively the bigger brand at $92 billion.

We have enough numbers to already paint a solid picture that AC sold around 12m in 10 days compared to SS which sold 16m in a month and a half with the aide of a holiday boost. 

No one is saying AC is bigger overall, just that it is currently bigger. Huge difference.

newwil7l said:
curl-6 said:

We have enough numbers to already paint a solid picture that AC sold around 12m in 10 days compared to SS which sold 16m in a month and a half with the aide of a holiday boost. 

No one is saying AC is bigger overall, just that it is currently bigger. Huge difference.

I don't see a distinction; is AC currently worth more than $92 billion? One game outselling one other game just doesn't seem nearly enough grounds to declare AC bigger than the largest media franchise in the world.

curl-6 said:
newwil7l said:

I don't see a distinction; is AC currently worth more than $92 billion? One game outselling one other game just doesn't seem nearly enough grounds to declare AC bigger than the largest media franchise in the world.

How do you not see the difference between being currently bigger and being bigger overall? Do you call people that say Fortnite is currently biggger than Pokémon silly too?  Do you call the Marvel fans silly for saying Marvel is currently bigger than Star Wars even though it isn't bigger as an overall brand? How do you not see the distinction?

Last edited by newwil7l - on 28 April 2020

newwil7l said:
curl-6 said:

How do you not see the difference between being currently bigger and being bigger overallm Do you call people that say Fortnite is currently than Pokémon silly too?  Do you call the Marvel fans silly for saying Marvel is currently bigger than Star Wars even though it isn't bigger as an overall brand? How do you not see the distinction?

I didn't call anyone silly. Currently, Pokemon is the biggest media brand in the world, not AC.

curl-6 said:
newwil7l said:

How do you not see the difference between being currently bigger and being bigger overallm Do you call people that say Fortnite is currently than Pokémon silly too?  Do you call the Marvel fans silly for saying Marvel is currently bigger than Star Wars even though it isn't bigger as an overall brand? How do you not see the distinction?

I didn't call anyone silly. Currently, Pokemon is the biggest media brand in the world, not AC.

Well its a good thing literally no one in this topic is claiming otherwise.