By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAV on PS360

I wanted to see how it looks and performs on 7th gen after playing the PC version. At first when I drove out into the city it looked ughh and the framerate was at like 20, but as with most things people get used to everything and now after several hours it looks good to me and the framerate seems acceptable. In 2015 when I played the PC version it was a tough time for me and I didn't really get into this game but now I'm having more fun and more invested in the story. When I finish the story I'm curious to see how active is online, na mean?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
m0ney said:

I wanted to see how it looks and performs on 7th gen after playing the PC version. At first when I drove out into the city it looked ughh and the framerate was at like 20, but as with most things people get used to everything and now after several hours it looks good to me and the framerate seems acceptable. In 2015 when I played the PC version it was a tough time for me and I didn't really get into this game but now I'm having more fun and more invested in the story. When I finish the story I'm curious to see how active is online, na mean?

20 FPS is never good to look at.  The game itself is missing a few features that were added, too.  As for the online, played it once. got killed by a drive by a couple of times, and never touched it again.

Sadly, I have this game on PS3 and PS4.  Eventhough I don't play the game when I do load it up, it's always the PC version.  I'll have to play it again sometime, but when I do, it'll just be for the single player.  The online left a really bad taste in my mouth.

the optimization that Rockstar done to get GTAV looking as good as it does on that hardware is insane to me, when you look at the PC minimum requirements and then you consider that the ps3/60 have at the very most just 512mb of system memory shared between graphics and system ram then like... it's just close to magic the end result works as well as it does. I always point to it when people suggest things like "X game would never run right on the specs of Y machine" because when there is money to be made a company will grab aging or dated hardware and choke every ounce of power out of it to make a port happen.

I mean if you look at that game and then look at some of the launch titles from that generation it's just night and day comparison, it's almost like it's a generation leap on the same hardware.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I still have a couple friends that play GTA V online on the PS3. From a brief look around, it still seems to have a relatively large amount of activity.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Super active online on ps4 but not sure about ps3.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
the optimization that Rockstar done to get GTAV looking as good as it does on that hardware is insane to me, when you look at the PC minimum requirements and then you consider that the ps3/60 have at the very most just 512mb of system memory shared between graphics and system ram then like... it's just close to magic the end result works as well as it does. I always point to it when people suggest things like "X game would never run right on the specs of Y machine" because when there is money to be made a company will grab aging or dated hardware and choke every ounce of power out of it to make a port happen.

I mean if you look at that game and then look at some of the launch titles from that generation it's just night and day comparison, it's almost like it's a generation leap on the same hardware.

I agree that it was some nice work getting GTAV up and running on PS3/60.  They pulled lots of money out of those consoles before they went under.  However, no amount of optimization will eclipse the PC experience.  Especially not on PS3.  Fantastic for the time, yes, but I cannot go back to my PS3 for GTAV.  Mind you, I do still play my PS3, but not for GTAV.  Not for any multi-plat that I also own on PC.

Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah, as much as I hate it as a game, GTA5 on PS3/360 is a technological miracle in terms of how much they squeezed out of under 500MB of available memory and CPUs/GPUs from 2005. It really is one of the all time prime examples of how far talent and resources can bend hardware limitations.

Baffling why they haven't brought this one over to Switch yet, obviously it can handle it if the freaking 360 can, and portable GTA5 would sell a bunch.

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah, as much as I hate it as a game, GTA5 on PS3/360 is a technological miracle in terms of how much they squeezed out of under 500MB of available memory and CPUs/GPUs from 2005. It really is one of the all time prime examples of how far talent and resources can bend hardware limitations.

Baffling why they haven't brought this one over to Switch yet, obviously it can handle it if the freaking 360 can, and portable GTA5 would sell a bunch.

I think I read lately that Civ6 on Switch surpassed 2k's expectations on the Switch  http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/take-two_says_civilization_vi_sales_significantly_exceeded_expectations_excited_to_support_switch_in_future so considering Take  Two also own Rockstar I think the port of GTAV for the Switch is a matter of When and not if.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

I think I read lately that Civ6 on Switch surpassed 2k's expectations on the Switch  http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/take-two_says_civilization_vi_sales_significantly_exceeded_expectations_excited_to_support_switch_in_future so considering Take  Two also own Rockstar I think the port of GTAV for the Switch is a matter of When and not if.

I certainly hope so, I mean I wouldn't buy it myself but it's such a no-brainer, a super-popular game that the Switch can run which has never been properly portable before.

With all the PS3/360 games being recycled on Switch, why not the most popular one of all?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 February 2019

Online is very active on PS3

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.