By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem Review Thread - MC: 61 | OC: 60

Tagged games:

OlfinBedwere said:
Ljink96 said:
Ouch... what is this for Bioware strike 3...or 4...or 5?

Technically it should only be strike 3 after ME3's ending and ME:A in its entirety. But the latter game was such a trainwreck that it might be worth a couple of extra strikes all on its own.

Wasn't ME:A fobbed off to a suburban branch so head office could do Anthem  and talking about ME:A it had it's problems but for  a game that should have been held back it eventually all things considered became a  pretty good game that I enjoyed.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 20 February 2019

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
What in the name of fuck is GaaS?

Also, expected reviews. It'll make for cozy company to Crackdown 3 down there.

It's called GaaS because that stands for the type of indigestion you get when you play games as a service .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

JRPGfan said:

With crackdown 3, I had a feeling it would be 70 or maybe below.
With Anthem all the trailers of it looked pretty decent.... this low OpenCritic score is a surprise to me.

This game could determine the life or death of bioware right? This is grim.
Why didnt they just make a good Dragon Age instead? *sigh*

Ive been saying this all along, why make anthem? Id much rather have had a good DA game.

Play DA Origins. The first and last good DA game.

Hunting Season is done...

What irritates me the most is that a couple of reviews have suggested there is the beginnings of a solid single player experience in there that got hijacked by a games as a service game. Like Bioware actually might have delivered what they normally deliver - a high quality single player experience.

Even their latest outing (ME:A) was far better than gamers gave it credit for, which was still a higher score than Anthem is going to wind up with.

But the real risk now is that rather than recognising their misstep and allowing Bioware back to their roots as a profitable-but-not-money-printing single player experience builder, EA will simply declare they underperformed and shut teams/the studio.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The PC Metacritic is up, 70.

I liked the beginning of Destiny, so I was vaguely interested in this one of it was a better Destiny. 

Since it's actually a worse Destiny, it's dead to me. 

Around the Network

I rarely ever want games to fail but I definitely want this one too. Retribution for not doing Andromeda's Quarian DLC. Just go back to Mass Effect Bioware. I don't even care if it's not an Andromeda sequel (which I REALLY want). Just. Go. Back.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I had a feeling this would happen. All the previews i watched didn't paint a pretty picture.

Mbolibombo said:
At some point we've got to look past EA. Bioware has been with them for a long time now, couldnt it just be that Bioware has lost it's touch?

Will EA let them take another fail though? that's the big question...

No, it's always EA's fault. Kinda like how everything Blizzard does is Activision's fault.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bioware has consistently failed at making products that people like. Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars The Old Republic, Mass Effect Andromeda, and now Anthem. That's basically 8 years of being disliked. Of course, at first critics kind of just gave Bioware the biscuit. But now it seems like there's basically nobody on their side. The one game that was really well received from the past 8 years has basically been forgotten (despite getting so many awards, it doesn't seem like a memorable game).

Honestly, I wouldn't blame EA if they closed this studio. I mean, the best talent there would probably go on to do better things anyways. This is not really a case of being unjust in closure.

Given how popular Apex Legends has turned out for EA out of nowhere then I predict Anthem getting dropped super fast and EA turning more attention to grabbing onto the flash in the pan success of Apex rather than trying to pump more money into the very clearly unwanted by general audiences Anthem, I mean.... over the last few years I think most people read news about it and get anti hyped.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive