By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem Review Thread - MC: 61 | OC: 60

Tagged games:

Neodegenerate said:
MrWayne said:

That's a very weak excuse when you have f2p games with  free content updates and free dlc.

I am not making an excuse for anything with the DLC statement.  Just informing.

The early access thing also isn't an excuse, it is a valid reason why the game is currently being raked over the coals.  If the game released with the "day 1" patch it is getting a week after its soft release it might be reviewing better.

Oh I didn't mean to attack you personally, I wanted to say it's a bad excuse for EA if they think people buy a expansive bare bone game because of future content.
I agree with you on the early access thing but again it's their own fault.

Around the Network

What in the name of fuck is GaaS?

Also, expected reviews. It'll make for cozy company to Crackdown 3 down there.

haxxiy said:

GaaS = games as a service

MrWayne said:
Neodegenerate said:

I am not making an excuse for anything with the DLC statement.  Just informing.

The early access thing also isn't an excuse, it is a valid reason why the game is currently being raked over the coals.  If the game released with the "day 1" patch it is getting a week after its soft release it might be reviewing better.

Oh I didn't mean to attack you personally, I wanted to say it's a bad excuse for EA if they think people buy a expansive bare bone game because of future content.

100% on both.

The thing about it that amazes me is that they literally already have the blueprint on what not to do. 

Destiny 1: great content a few years later everyone complained it was bare when it came out. 

Division: See Destiny 1. 

Destiny 2: See Destiny 1. 

Sea of Thieves: See Destiny 1. 

Anthem: .... See Destiny 1.

The game definitely needed more time to cook and for them to be able to get the actual endgame content (Cataclysms, etc) out during launch.  I understand the concept that they want enough people leveled up to do it when it drops and they want casual players to have a chance at it on day 1 of it being out too, but the constant failings of previous offerings should've shown EA and Bioware that the plan there just doesn't hold up well enough in today's environment.  And this is the opinion of a guy who things that GaaS is indeed the future of the industry.  They just need to nail the formula properly.

Neodegenerate said:
MrWayne said:

100% on both.

The thing about it that amazes me is that they literally already have the blueprint on what not to do. 

Destiny 1: great content a few years later everyone complained it was bare when it came out. 

Division: See Destiny 1. 

Destiny 2: See Destiny 1. 

Sea of Thieves: See Destiny 1. 

Anthem: .... See Destiny 1.

The game definitely needed more time to cook and for them to be able to get the actual endgame content (Cataclysms, etc) out during launch.  I understand the concept that they want enough people leveled up to do it when it drops and they want casual players to have a chance at it on day 1 of it being out too, but the constant failings of previous offerings should've shown EA and Bioware that the plan there just doesn't hold up well enough in today's environment.  And this is the opinion of a guy who things that GaaS is indeed the future of the industry.  They just need to nail the formula properly.

I dont think more dev time is the answer here. By definition  GaaS has content planed for like 3 years, and has enough ready or almost ready to slowly dish out over a year. The Issue with Gaas is that they choose so littler content at the launch to be release. Its not that is not ready, is that is purposely being cut ou to stretch the hell out of it. The problem with that is that fist impressions of a game is what mostly matters and by the time the rest of the content that will make a game good,like taken king did for destiny, people already have bad perception of the game and reviews are low and most importantly, the price is low cuz the game probably got a few price cuts by the time the content is out.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
MrWayne said:
haxxiy said:

GaaS = games as a service

Yeah... I can see why that would suck.

Wow It looks like SE did much better work than Bioware.

Ouch... what is this for Bioware strike 3...or 4...or 5?

Ljink96 said:
Ouch... what is this for Bioware strike 3...or 4...or 5?

Technically it should only be strike 3 after ME3's ending and ME:A in its entirety. But the latter game was such a trainwreck that it might be worth a couple of extra strikes all on its own.

The year has come. We all hoped it wouldn't, but that's the only fate of any studio under EA.