By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Scalebound resurrected as a Switch exclusive (Updated)

Alanah Pearce is also saying the same thing(Ex IGN journalist)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
melbye said:
Pretty big if true, doubt it though. MS would have to actually sell or demand something else from Nintendo and would either party want that

Apparently MS didn't renew the copyright which means the Scalebound name can be used, this would be interesting because MS forced changes on the project to the point it ended up very different to its original visi this ironically means that if true they could just make the game as they originally intended and it wouldn't infringe on the trademark MS hold.

Edit: It seems the trademark has been abandoned by MS.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 18 February 2019

Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:
Hopefully this is just a rumor and nothing else. Scalebound just looked less and less good with each trailer they released. I don't think the significant decrease in visuals would make it more appealing either...

That's because MS made changes to the game for a start it was never meant to be multiplayer that is something MS forced.

Yeah, that really took away from the game.

That would be crazy, and would also mean that Platinum is working on three different Switch games.

That cant be real.... poor Xbox.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I'm cool with that as long as it will be closer to the original game we saw minus the awkward multiplayer.

^ So much that.

Drop the forced multiplayer aspect that was giveing them issues, and just make a kickarse single player rpg.

MS forced them into makeing it co-op multiplayer focused really late in the developement cycle, and was one of the issues  that put them behinde in developement. Then MS cut funding, when they complained.

Id love to see it just turn out as a awesome single player game, exclusive to Switch that does well.
Maybe put it on Playstation 4 too? Just leave it off the xbox platform to spite them.

Even if this rumor turns out to be a load of bull, between this, Astral Chain, and Bayonetta 3, Nintendo might as well just buy Platinum at this point.

Interesting...

MS owns the copyright. I would like to see a scalebound inspired game though,

jason1637 said:
MS owns the copyright. I would like to see a scalebound inspired game though,

The trademark was apparently abandoned.