By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced, 2.13.2019.

cool. we'll get to see what nintendo will be promoting as their "big" "spring" game. i quote each seperately because it's rarely big, and never really spring. gonna guess yoshi with a may 31st release. Thinking fire emblem will be a winter title like last time. We'll see though. I'm hoping for a trailer to get me hyped about darksiders. I really want the whole trilogy, but i'm not going to hold my breath. Seems like anything cool, 3rd party wise, will come to the switch late if at all. Except for bethesda's fps's. those have been cool, just wish the game was actually on the cart.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
mZuzek said:

Same wording for Mario Odyssey at E3 2017, lasted about five minutes.

Also I can't believe people are still salty over the Smash E3.

Because it just wasn't good. So I'll always been critical of it.

But looking at Smash success, can we say that putting so much focus on it wasn’t a bad decision after all ?

PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm just hoping this isnt another super let down like E3 direct was, that was painful. Since they say they're gonna be talking about upcoming games + three houses, Why do I feel were going to get like 30min of three houses and 5 min of everything else, just like E3 and Smash

People exaggerate so much about E3 2018, it had  basically the same amount of content as E3 2017. E3 2017 was 25 minutes and E3 2018 was 43 minutes. The only difference is that 2018 decided to give a huge blowout for Smash which made it 15-20 minutes longer.

I do agree that 25 minutes of Smash was overkill, they should have given it 5-6 minutes and saved the rest for the Treehouse or a future Direct which would have made E3 2017 & 2018 about the same length and content.

With that said, this will probably be more like the Direct last March which said:

"Tune in for roughly 30 minutes of information focused on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch titles launching this year, including new details on Mario Tennis Aces"

MTA ended up taking about 5-6 minutes of the Direct and that's what I expect from Fire Emblem tomorrow.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

if they announce a 2d zelda, i really hope it's not $60. i've always had a fear they'd start making more portable scope games and charge a home console price.

abronn627 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Because it just wasn't good. So I'll always been critical of it.

But looking at Smash success, can we say that putting so much focus on it wasn’t a bad decision after all ?

Smash would have sold well regardless, its success had nothing to do with the information-overload at E3

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Supposed content, don't read if you don't want possible spoilers

Good attempt by the person, but it's fake. I seems like they just lumped in the past few leaks into a single direct. King Zell, Smash datamine, AC3 and Spyro store listing, that store that has dates for luigis mansion/daemonXmachina, etc.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

CarcharodonKraz said:
cool. we'll get to see what nintendo will be promoting as their "big" "spring" game. i quote each seperately because it's rarely big, and never really spring. gonna guess yoshi with a may 31st release. Thinking fire emblem will be a winter title like last time. We'll see though. I'm hoping for a trailer to get me hyped about darksiders. I really want the whole trilogy, but i'm not going to hold my breath. Seems like anything cool, 3rd party wise, will come to the switch late if at all. Except for bethesda's fps's. those have been cool, just wish the game was actually on the cart.

Yoshi already has a release date, it is March 29

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Wyrdness said:
melbye said:

Pikmin Trilogy and Metroid Prime Trilogy both releasing in April. Nope, fake

You know I linked the imaged for people to avoid possible spoilers if any of it is true and you go and post two.

People who are concerned about spoilers should just stay clear of the internet. There's no use.

edit: or at the very least, dont come into threads labeled "nintendo direct". Leaks should be able to be discussed.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Wyrdness said:

-Wrong date

-Wrong run time

-Wrong content(3DS when there's no 3DS mentioned for this one)

Like others have said, chalk this up to being fake. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Mnementh said:
Wyrdness said:

This seems wrong. Wrong date for starters, wrong time (it says 45 minutes, Nintendo says 35 minutes). Also Nintendo says nothing about 3DS. And some of the game announcements - are outlandish. I opt for fake on this one.

Look at when it was posted (the 10th) The ND airs on the 14th in Japan as well.