By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced, 2.13.2019.

WoodenPints said:
You know the Nintendo Direct will be good when they invent a 13th month to air it in.

bugger off, filthy European.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Guys, avoid writing spoilers like that out on the open.The direct is about 20 hours away, and I do imagine there are people that have seen zero leaks about this direct, including the ones King Zell told us about.So, put spoilers tags on please.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

melbye said:
abronn627 said:

But looking at Smash success, can we say that putting so much focus on it wasn’t a bad decision after all ?

Smash would have sold well regardless, its success had nothing to do with the information-overload at E3

I’m sure it would have sold well regardless too and yes it was an overload of information, but we can criticize their communication strategies as much as we want, the results are there and I’m sure they’ happy  with them.

As for the disappointing E3, I’m sure the leaked information lowered the importance of the first part of the Direct.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm just hoping this isnt another super let down like E3 direct was, that was painful. Since they say they're gonna be talking about upcoming games + three houses, Why do I feel were going to get like 30min of three houses and 5 min of everything else, just like E3 and Smash

That E3 soured me so much that it almost makes me never watch a direct ever again. 

They couldve just said it was 15 minutes long to temper expectations, had the character trailer + ridley to end it, and then do the nitty gritty slight changes at the treehouse or something

Cant believe how they wasted like a full half an hour on stuff like how bayonetta 1 and bayonetta 2 have slightly different gunshot sounds. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Joker gameplay please!!! Also let Smash have vocal version of the persona songs please, instrumental only would suck. If this is the last general direct until e3, Mario Maker 2 will be revealed.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm just hoping this isnt another super let down like E3 direct was, that was painful. Since they say they're gonna be talking about upcoming games + three houses, Why do I feel were going to get like 30min of three houses and 5 min of everything else, just like E3 and Smash

That E3 soured me so much that it almost makes me never watch a direct ever again. 

They couldve just said it was 15 minutes long to temper expectations, had the character trailer + ridley to end it, and then do the nitty gritty slight changes at the treehouse or something

Cant believe how they wasted like a full half an hour on stuff like how bayonetta 1 and bayonetta 2 have slightly different gunshot sounds. 

For me i haven't soured on the Directs in general, but it made it clear for me that there is no reason to look forward to the E3 presentation more than any other Direct

abronn627 said:
melbye said:

Smash would have sold well regardless, its success had nothing to do with the information-overload at E3

I’m sure it would have sold well regardless too and yes it was an overload of information, but we can criticize their communication strategies as much as we want, the results are there and I’m sure they’ happy  with them.

As for the disappointing E3, I’m sure the leaked information lowered the importance of the first part of the Direct.

Yeah pretty much people forget that the crowd on forums expecting Mother 3 remakes blah blah are the minority the results of Ultimate and its impact showed they made the correct move this was even highlighted twice as PLG's results showed what people on forums think and what the actual reality turns out to be are very different.

King Zell says 2d zelda, boxboy, and mario maker 2 to release for the switch this year. Of those, I think boxboy trilogy will be shadow-dropped at the direct, to sorta fill out this barren month of February somewhat.

While the other two don't make an appearance, saved for the April direct or E3. Mario Maker is something that I feel doesn't need a long marketing cycle, even like 3-4 months will work just fine especially since it's probably gonna iterate from the last game, rather than be some revolution. 2D Zelda I have no clue about.

Bet with Intrinsic:

Finally! Brand new 2D Zelda or Link's Awakening remake announcement would be amazing. Looking forward to see more of Luigi's Mansion 3 and the new Fire Emblem (never played any Fire Emblem before but this game looked interesting in that trailer they showed a while ago). Pokémon would be a dream come true but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one.

Shinji Hashimoto the producer of KH and brand manager of FF retweeted the ND.