By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capgods Q3 results are in!

Capgods have been on fire since the release of MHW last January. They continue to have their best year ever. 

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e190204b.html

Someone over on era picked out the best bits. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/capcom-q3-fy2018-2019-results-highest-q3-profit-levels-in-capcom-history-megaman-11-performing-strongly-mhw-sales-is-now-11m-units.97552/

Around the Network

MHW obviously doing great but mega man 11 was a surprise

Capcom the developer is great. Capcom the publisher sucks.

Capcom pulled themselves from the brink. Although they killed a few franchises along the way, they seem to be getting back into their groove.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Capgods just can't be beat. They win over and over and over again. They win so often they are disappointed when their best selling game didn't win more. And now the Capgods are back in their full glorious godly form. 

You give me The Witcher 3? I give you Monster Hunter World

You give me The Last of Us? I give you Resident Evil 2

You give me God of War? I give you Devil May Cry 5 

You give me Mighty Number 9? I give you Mega Man 11. 

You give me Smash Bros? What if I told you that Capcom debuted their iconic versus franchise an entire year before Smash, and in fact the original predecessor that would eventually evolve to that franchise predated Smash by 3 entire years. By the time Smash was out, Capcom had already made 3 entries in their iconic versus series. 

There is no stopping the Cap, nor the Com. 

Truly, one of the best developers and publishers of all time, even if I only have played like four of their games. Objectively, of course. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Capcom the developer is great. Capcom the publisher sucks.

CapGods published by CapDogs

Nintendo should buy them out. Let them finish all current projects then make their asses develop games exclusively for the Switch.

sethnintendo said:

Nintendo should buy them out. Let them finish all current projects then make their asses develop games exclusively for the Switch.

Nintendo should buy the world.

Kidding, but on a side note, I wish they had purchased Atlus before Sega did.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
sethnintendo said:

Nintendo should buy the world.

Kidding, but on a side note, I wish they had purchased Atlus before Sega did.

Yea Atlus would have been a good pickup.  Not sure how Sega managed to snag them up.  I just don't see very good output from Nintendo even after unifying under one system.  They need to spend some of their billions in reserve and get a decent third party developer to increase their damn output.

They have been definitely a huge surprise for me. Especially after there disastrous Street Fighter 5 launch. They earnt there credit back with recently must own titles and are now considered the most inform developer this generation for me.