By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular Gaming Opinions

d21lewis said:
One good thing about this thread--every time someone listed more than four things, I find myself agreeing with at least one. That's pretty cool.

Damn I only list four things.

So here's a fifth  Diddy Kong Racing is the best.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 07 February 2019

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

"too much water" is a valid criticism of Pokemon OR/AS. Like half the map is on water, and as a result the game heavily favours Water type pokemon. It's all cause of that dumb "land vs sea" gimmick they tried to do.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Pokemon Red and Blue are dated ugly glitchy messes, I can't believe there are still people who call them the best pokémon games. The power of nostalgia I guess.

flashfire926 said:
"too much water" is a valid criticism of Pokemon OR/AS. Like half the map is on water, and as a result the game heavily favours Water type pokemon. It's all cause of that dumb "land vs sea" gimmick they tried to do.

Resident Evil tank-controls are underrated

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Why are you so angry? There's no such a thing as "real witches". No one's getting hurt for the way Bayonetta represents witchcraft.

We're real, and we're called Wiccans. We've struggled to be known in public because your ancestors massacred ours, then burned innocent people at the stake over some brainless hysteria.

Historically the people burned at the stake  weren't practicing Wiccans but ordinary everyday villagers who got caught up in a heady mix of superstition mixed with religion and mob mentality to attribute his ancestors with the massacre of yours is plainly silly .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

CaptainExplosion said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Why are you so angry? There's no such a thing as "real witches". No one's getting hurt for the way Bayonetta represents witchcraft.

We're real, and we're called Wiccans. We've struggled to be known in public because your ancestors massacred ours, then burned innocent people at the stake over some brainless hysteria.

"It was developed in England during the first half of the 20th century and was introduced to the public in 1954 by Gerald Gardner"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

The people burned on the stakes weren't Wiccans, as Wicca didn't exist back then. I agree though that innocent people were burned over some brainless hysteria.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

mjk45 said:
couchmonkey said:

Couldn’t we be talking about the whole package?

(For my two cents Wii and Switch put GCN to shame, tho GCN was underrated)

Some people could be talking just hardware, some software others both  software and hardware, it can be hard to see where people's opinions  are coming from.

Yeah, I agree that you can look at hard- and software separately. For instance, Vita had excellent hardware (except the dumb idea with prorietary memory), but was hold down by the software side. PS2 was shoddy hardware, error-prone and technically behind (tip: if marketing comes up with something like 'emotion engine', they don't wanna talk hard facts), but it had a great choice of games.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 08 February 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Naughty dawg games don't have good stories.
Gaming media constantly push bad and cliche stories as good because they want to be artsy
Tropical freeze is the only good Donkey kong country game (jungle beat is the best donkey kong game)
Super mario 3d world is by far the best 3d mario game
Conkers bad fur sucked
Journey sucked
Dark Souls isn't hard
Pikmin is the best Nintendo series besides zelda

Naughty Dog's PS1-PS2 titles are better than their modern games.

Breath of the wild is a great game but overrated.

Skyrim is more fun than Oblivion

Final fantasy XII is one of the greatest RPG's ever made