By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii/DS each had ten 10-million-plus sellers. Switch has five and it's not even 2 years old

Will it pass them and make to 11 or more?

Yes 129 94.16%

No 8 5.84%

Total:137

@PAOerfulone As @Kakadu18 mentioned, 3D All-Stars ended at 9.01 million, so unless they bring back the collection, it did not hit 10 million.

I do agree with all others that you mentioned and would like to throw in Legends: Arceus as well. Switch has the potential for its Top 10 to all exceed 20 million actually! Only needs 4 more anyways.

Around the Network

So there are 11 games and it’s possible for 20+

Torpoleon said:

@PAOerfulone As @Kakadu18 mentioned, 3D All-Stars ended at 9.01 million, so unless they bring back the collection, it did not hit 10 million.

I do agree with all others that you mentioned and would like to throw in Legends: Arceus as well. Switch has the potential for its Top 10 to all exceed 20 million actually! Only needs 4 more anyways.

Does the 9.01M figure include digital sales? Or is it possible that the game is at 10 M overall? 

Maynard_Tool said:
Torpoleon said:

Does the 9.01M figure include digital sales? Or is it possible that the game is at 10 M overall? 

Let it go..... ? (it’s shipments and digital)

Next interesting thread could be how many 30m+ sellers Switch will have, IIRC that one for 20m+ sellers was already made

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network

@AlbiNecroxz Definitely feel like it will be at least five (MK8 DX, ACNH, BOTW, SSBU & SMO). I included SMO and now SWSH because I feel like SMO will be on the short list for a Nintendo Selects line, which will help sales and I doubt SWSH would be part of that (so I see SMO overtaking SWSH then).

Kind of hard to tell if anything else will hit 30 (at the very least there should be a minimum of 4). Mostly, I feel like Switch will have a lot of 20M and 10M sellers, which is also very impressive.

PAOerfulone said:

I could see that total climbing up to 20-21 by the time the Switch is done.
Including the 11 we have now, the other 9-10 could be Luigi’s Mansion 3, 3D All Stars, 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Mario Maker 2, BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Pokemon BD/SP, Pokemon Gen IX, Monster Hunter Rise, and the next 3D Mario game. (Whether it’s Odyssey 2 or a Bowser’s Fury styled standalone.)

Far out how could I of all people forget about Monster Hunter Rise? XD

With 6 million in its first month on the market it looks very likely to hit eight figures lifetime.

So make that 17 from what's been released/announced to date.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 May 2021

curl-6 said:
PAOerfulone said:

I could see that total climbing up to 20-21 by the time the Switch is done.
Including the 11 we have now, the other 9-10 could be Luigi’s Mansion 3, 3D All Stars, 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Mario Maker 2, BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Pokemon BD/SP, Pokemon Gen IX, Monster Hunter Rise, and the next 3D Mario game. (Whether it’s Odyssey 2 or a Bowser’s Fury styled standalone.)

far out how could I of all people forget about Monster Hunter Rise? XD

With 6 million in its first month on the market it looks very likely to hit 7 figures lifetime.

Happens to the best of us. XD

It's easy to forget because when we talk about games that could be best sellers on a Nintendo system... We think of Nintendo games! (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros. etc.) Very rarely does a 3rd party title come to mind.

PAOerfulone said:
curl-6 said:

far out how could I of all people forget about Monster Hunter Rise? XD

With 6 million in its first month on the market it looks very likely to hit 7 figures lifetime.

Happens to the best of us. XD

It's easy to forget because when we talk about games that could be best sellers on a Nintendo system... We think of Nintendo games! (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros. etc.) Very rarely does a 3rd party title come to mind.

That's very true, in fact I believe only one third party game has ever sold over 10 million on a Nintendo system before; Just Dance 3 on Wii. 

Well, and probably Minecraft on Switch already, but we'll likely never get a number on that sadly.

Maynard_Tool said:
Torpoleon said:

All reported numbers include digital and physical.