By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 4, January 21 - 27 , 2019

animegaming said:

Yup, busy work and school schedules (they only have Sunday's off for school in fact) along with public transportation like bus's and trains being a thriving industry in Japan, is how mobile and handhelds dominate over there. Hell apartments are pretty small in Japan to the point it might tough to set a entertainment center with a big TV and a home console. 

Uh this really sucks

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
animegaming said:

Yup, busy work and school schedules (they only have Sunday's off for school in fact) along with public transportation like bus's and trains being a thriving industry in Japan, is how mobile and handhelds dominate over there. Hell apartments are pretty small in Japan to the point it might tough to set a entertainment center with a big TV and a home console. 

Uh this really sucks

And their government wonders why young people aren't interest in dating, sex, marriage, or kids. 

animegaming said:
zorg1000 said:

So would you say it's less of a "we dont like home consoles" and more of a "we dont have time for home consoles" situation?

And I might be wrong, but I have the feeling that TVs are a more expensive in Japan! I started to look to buy a new TV or a projector, and everytime I find one recommended by a western reviews website with the Amazon FR or US price given, if I look on Amazon JP it's a lot more expensive. Like 110,000 yens (around 900 euros) instead of around 600 euros for a projector I saw last week...

It makes the investment for an entertainment center even less worth it if you can't use it a lot... 

I hope to hear more original games (i.e., not ports) from the big developers like Capcom, Square, Namco Bandai, Koei Tecmo, etc. being announced for Switch this year and moving forward. No more excuses or tests. We have close to two years of great Switch sales. Software sales are increasing. Octopath Traveler shows that you can have a successful third party game when you put in the effort in making a quality game and market the game appropriately. I know we have games like SMT V, Super Robot Wars T, Super Dragon Ball Heroes (not sure if its an enhanced port of the 3DS game or not), Yokai Watch 4, and Daemon x Machina (developed by Marvelous), but I think there's more potential for the big third party Japanese devs to invest in other than ports. Series like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil, etc., can find success on the Switch if given a chance.

Kai_Mao said:
I hope to hear more original games (i.e., not ports) from the big developers like Capcom, Square, Namco Bandai, Koei Tecmo, etc. being announced for Switch this year and moving forward. No more excuses or tests. We have close to two years of great Switch sales. Software sales are increasing. Octopath Traveler shows that you can have a successful third party game when you put in the effort in making a quality game and market the game appropriately. I know we have games like SMT V, Super Robot Wars T, Super Dragon Ball Heroes (not sure if its an enhanced port of the 3DS game or not), Yokai Watch 4, and Daemon x Machina (developed by Marvelous), but I think there's more potential for the big third party Japanese devs to invest in other than ports. Series like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil, etc., can find success on the Switch if given a chance.

Mega Man 11 and the current gen Mega Man ports are already on Switch. Unless you mean a Switch exclusive Mega Man, then my bad. 

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:

Tecmo has been supporting the Switch well since the start tho, like Gust with Night of Azure, all the new Ateliers are coming to the switch and even the Arland trilogy. Plus other titles like Warriors and AoT. They would probably need more technical effort for things like Nioh or the new Dead or Alive, but what can be done on Switch, they have brought.

Keybladewielder said:
animegaming said:

Uh this really sucks

I was playing Persona 5 and I wondered "why are they at school on saturday?"

That must really suck lol 

animegaming said:
Keybladewielder said:

Uh this really sucks

And their government wonders why young people aren't interest in dating, sex, marriage, or kids. 

This issue is pretty unrelated to Saturday's school, and come from multiple complex causes (political, economical and societal). There was a thread about it some time ago IIRC... Let's not derail this thread too much!

PAOerfulone said:
Welp, I guess these stats answered my question about adding a PS4 chart to my Media Create thread...

Not worth it. Despite all the third party support, sales are low.

Better focus on Switch and its comparisons with other hardware, handheld or homeconsole.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Not looking too hot for the PS4 in Japan when it basically ties with Switch on the week that not one but two of its biggest games of the year come out.