By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 4, January 21 - 27 , 2019

Nate4Drake said:
Dr.Vita said:
PS4 the number 1 console this week with an amazing opening from Kingdom Hearts 3!

Resident Evil 2 did well for a Remake, pretty sure that most of the sales will come from the west.

Yep. PS4 on Top in Japan, which is amazing considering Japan is only about portable nowdays. In Europe also PS4 is right now ruling again, without any competition, and most probably on top in the Global since Jan 25th.

Good job Sony.

If you would of told me that the PS4 would be the top selling console for a week in 2019 a while ago, I would have said no chance...but here we are.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Nate4Drake said:

Yep. PS4 on Top in Japan, which is amazing considering Japan is only about portable nowdays. In Europe also PS4 is right now ruling again, without any competition, and most probably on top in the Global since Jan 25th.

Good job Sony.

If you would of told me that the PS4 would be the top selling console for a week in 2019 a while ago, I would have said no chance...but here we are.

Even with Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2 Remake this week?

BOOM! Looks like the Switch won't have a clean sweep in 2019 and win every week. GG PS4. Despite the promo oner Christmas steeling most of the January sales it still comes out on top.

Kh3 in beast mode. 700k digital? 1m LTD? I hope so.

RE2 also comfortably beat re7. GG.

AC7, DQB2, RE2 and KH3 all did well on ps4.

Nate4Drake said:
SKMBlake said:

On top with 215 units ahead only, and with 2 models, which isn't really what being on top actually is.

It's on Top, and it's extremely good to be on Top in a place where portable are the only attractive hardware nowdays, mostly.

Sony is amazing this generation, and a big congrats to them.

215 units ahead. With 2 AAA games VS no new games at all.

Kai_Mao said:
Train wreck said:

Yes, even with KH III and RE2...and this is a very disturbing signal for Japan.

Switch, with KH III and RE2 would have sold much much more units; this is how Japan has sadly turned, let me explain better; These games should push more hardware, and the fact they are not boosting that much is because Japan do not care about home consoles, but only portable from Nintendo. This is not denigrating Nintendo Switch, of course, It's a note for Japan, and many of them are missing out on a fantastic gaming experience, and the situation seems irreversible.  It is not PS4 doing bad in Japan, it's Japan which seems to be so close minded and even capable of ignoring a very good console like XBox, because IT IS a good console.     This is only my thought and perception, so please respect it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
BOOM! Looks like the Switch won't have a clean sweep in 2019 and win every week. GG PS4. Despite the promo oner Christmas steeling most of the January sales it still comes out on top.

Kh3 in beast mode. 700k digital? 1m LTD? I hope so.

RE2 also comfortably beat re7. GG.

AC7, DQB2, RE2 and KH3 all did well on ps4.

PS4 will be fine in Japan, even though it deserves much more...

On the other hand, PS4 will be on Top many many weeks in the Global from now on to end of November.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
Kai_Mao said:

Switch, with KH III and RE2 would have sold much much more units; this is how Japan has sadly turned, let me explain better; These games should push more hardware, and the fact they are not boosting that much is because Japan do not care about home consoles, but only portable from Nintendo. This is not denigrating Nintendo Switch, of course, It's a note for Japan, and many of them are missing out on a fantastic gaming experience, and the situation seems irreversible.  It is not PS4 doing bad in Japan, it's Japan which seems to be so close minded and even capable of ignoring a very good console like XBox, because IT IS a good console.     This is only my thought and perception, so please respect it.

PS4 is in its 6th year, software has less impact on hardware late in the gen as we all know. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nate4Drake said:

PS4 is in its 6th year, software has less impact on hardware late in the gen as we all know. 

It's not only happening now, in the 6th year, it happened even before, and no legs at all after the release of big hits, in general, compare to Switch, whch can sell very well without any new game...or have a great boost after a rehash of a famous franchise and have legs after it.

Harriet Tubman.

Great opening for Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil, both are fantastic games from what I have played so far so well deserve to both Square and Capcom.

PS4 did better then I expect, but yikes it only beat the Switch by only a couple hundred units on the week its two biggest games of the year released, this will probably the be the best weak for the PS4 until the holidays and last it will top the Switch period.

Kai_Mao said:
Train wreck said:

We've seen in the past in Japan where consoles this late in the hardware cycle will get big releases and hardly move hardware I don't see why the PS4 would be any different, especially since its more expensive (the most expensive) than any console or handheld this late in their hardware cycle, so yes even with Kingdom Hearts III and RE2.