By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Hope This Is True!!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ganoncrotch said:
To be honest if Nintendo didn't bring this to the Switch it would be leaving money on the table for no real reason,. port this trilogy before the release of MP4, port Pikmin 1-3 then bring 4, and of course Luigis Mansion 1+2 and then drop 3 as Switch titles. Games like this would really please older Nintendo fans and patch gaps in the first party library while at the same time introducing some of these franchises to new gamers who didn't have a GC or WiiU and have now found themselves with a Switch.

Or new gamers who got a Wii U and used it for a little less than a year before forgetting about it. YUCK! 

I was just thinking that both those systems had been the origin of those games I listed and casual gamers didn't jump into the GC or WiiU so much... that said I forgot that Metroid Prime 3 was originally a Wii game and Luigis Mansion 2 was a 3DS game not a WiiU title.

WiiU did get some cool games but it still remains one of the only Nintendo systems I don't have nor do I have an intention to buy it unless I find one in a charity shop for Wii cash, just from a hardware point of view I see it as a Beta version of the Switch which I predict by the next 2 years will have any and all software which was worth playing on it ported over to the Switch running at higher resolutions and of course being a true portable away from the dock.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

That would be the logical thing to do like what Sony did with the Uncharted Collection.

Ganoncrotch said:

Or new gamers who got a Wii U and used it for a little less than a year before forgetting about it. YUCK! 

I was just thinking that both those systems had been the origin of those games I listed and casual gamers didn't jump into the GC or WiiU so much... that said I forgot that Metroid Prime 3 was originally a Wii game and Luigis Mansion 2 was a 3DS game not a WiiU title.

WiiU did get some cool games but it still remains one of the only Nintendo systems I don't have nor do I have an intention to buy it unless I find one in a charity shop for Wii cash, just from a hardware point of view I see it as a Beta version of the Switch which I predict by the next 2 years will have any and all software which was worth playing on it ported over to the Switch running at higher resolutions and of course being a true portable away from the dock.

I was just making fun of the fact that the era I "got into Nintendo" with was the Wii U (I was a pretty big fan of Wii but I was just a wee kid, my formative gaming years were on 360 and eventually a little bit on PS4), arguably one of their worse eras. Wii U had a decent selection of games, but it wasn't enough for me to keep coming back, and a lot of the must-have titles I already owned by the time I had owned the thing for just a couple of months. 

Edit: By the way, Nintendo's stock of 3DS and Wii U games was absolutely god awful. I couldn't get Kid Icarus or Pikmin 3 even though I wanted to multiple times. So yes, bring on the ports! 

Oooh I need this so badly.

I support collection with improved graphics and reduced prices.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

The is what I've been waiting for since the news of MP4. I need this!!

Nice. Already have on Wii and U, but I would get on Switch day one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I posted in another thread that a senior editor at Game Informer said the trilogy has been ready and that Nintendo originally planned to announce it in December for a 2019 release (he said all of this after the delay was announced)...
His tweets make it seem as if he knows all of this for sure and isn't just speculating...
It's possible he's totally off the mark, but he has to be pretty certain if he's saying all of this, as if he's wrong it would irreparably damage his creeibility as a journalist...

Have a nice day...

I hope this thread title gets changed into something less clickbaity

Ganoncrotch said:

I was just making fun of the fact that the era I "got into Nintendo" with was the Wii U (I was a pretty big fan of Wii but I was just a wee kid, my formative gaming years were on 360 and eventually a little bit on PS4), arguably one of their worse eras. Wii U had a decent selection of games, but it wasn't enough for me to keep coming back, and a lot of the must-have titles I already owned by the time I had owned the thing for just a couple of months. 

Edit: By the way, Nintendo's stock of 3DS and Wii U games was absolutely god awful. I couldn't get Kid Icarus or Pikmin 3 even though I wanted to multiple times. So yes, bring on the ports! 

I couldn't really imagine the Wii-U being my first Nintendo system or formative gaming years being on the HDTwins, my first console was an Atari2600 back in the mid 80s and my first Nintendo .... was a Nintendo :D it was only later called the Entertainment System but we just called it the Nintendo at the time. The one forgiving point I give Nintendo with the WiiU was that they were one generation behind both MS and Sony in terms of it being their first HD console so both from a hardware and software point for them the WiiU was the equivalent of the RRoD or the insanely costly launch PS3 which as we all know.... had "no gaemz" because Sony couldn't produce games fast enough for it and 3rd parties didn't have a clue how to make use of the CELL at the time, no console manufacturer had a graceful start to HD gaming it's just that Nintendo's entry to the next generation of graphics happened a console generation later than the other 2, if we had seen the WiiU compete against a RRoD'ing X360 or a PS3 which also had a lacking library at the start it would have seemed like a far better potential option for gamers.

As for stock of games.... I'm sorry for you there, I ended up picking up at least 2 copies of Kid Icarus uprising because of how cheap they were here as shops tried to sell off their large boxes (since it came with the weird 3DS stand, I know I picked up one copy of that for sub €5 just in case someone I knew didn't have a copy... they didn't and I'm fairly certain I still have 2x copies of it at least. (as well as the 3dsR4 card) Pikmin 3 I dunno about here in Ireland because like I said.... of all the systems and hundreds of games I own, a WiiU isn't one of them... although I do own a copy of Mass Effect 3 for it and ZombiU because both of them were in bargain bins at points .... think ZombiU was 50cent and I jokingly got it when someone pointed out that the discs were super durable.... so I could use it as a coaster for drinks (I never did, couldn't bring myself to do that to a game)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive