Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Hope This Is True!!

Hasn't it been rumored for awhile? It most likely is true. Hopefully it releases this year so we can get our Metroid fix

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

An obvious that shouldn't surprise too many people when it'll be announced.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

PwerlvlAmy said:
Hasn't it been rumored for awhile? It most likely is true. Hopefully it releases this year so we can get our Metroid fix

^This!!

Mar1217 said:
An obvious that shouldn't surprise too many people when it'll be announced.

What do you mean?

It seems almost inevitable at this point, more a question of time than anything.

Personally I'm hoping for a good visual overhaul, not just a 1080p port, but the one change I'd really, really like to see is for them to bring back the old space pirate logs from the first game's original NA release (spoilers). It was a minor thing, but it did so much to foreshadow the impact of the game's ending, whereas now it kinda feels like it just kinda happens. Of course, I know this will never happen.

mZuzek said:

It seems almost inevitable at this point, more a question of time than anything.

Then I hope it's soon.

Around the Network

To be honest if Nintendo didn't bring this to the Switch it would be leaving money on the table for no real reason,. port this trilogy before the release of MP4, port Pikmin 1-3 then bring 4, and of course Luigis Mansion 1+2 and then drop 3 as Switch titles. Games like this would really please older Nintendo fans and patch gaps in the first party library while at the same time introducing some of these franchises to new gamers who didn't have a GC or WiiU and have now found themselves with a Switch.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
To be honest if Nintendo didn't bring this to the Switch it would be leaving money on the table for no real reason,. port this trilogy before the release of MP4, port Pikmin 1-3 then bring 4, and of course Luigis Mansion 1+2 and then drop 3 as Switch titles. Games like this would really please older Nintendo fans and patch gaps in the first party library while at the same time introducing some of these franchises to new gamers who didn't have a GC or WiiU and have now found themselves with a Switch.

Or new gamers who got a Wii U and used it for a little less than a year before forgetting about it. YUCK! 

Too worthless to live, too scared to die. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Or new gamers who got a Wii U and used it for a little less than a year before forgetting about it. YUCK! 

I was just thinking that both those systems had been the origin of those games I listed and casual gamers didn't jump into the GC or WiiU so much... that said I forgot that Metroid Prime 3 was originally a Wii game and Luigis Mansion 2 was a 3DS game not a WiiU title.

WiiU did get some cool games but it still remains one of the only Nintendo systems I don't have nor do I have an intention to buy it unless I find one in a charity shop for Wii cash, just from a hardware point of view I see it as a Beta version of the Switch which I predict by the next 2 years will have any and all software which was worth playing on it ported over to the Switch running at higher resolutions and of course being a true portable away from the dock.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

That would be the logical thing to do like what Sony did with the Uncharted Collection.

Ganoncrotch said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I was just thinking that both those systems had been the origin of those games I listed and casual gamers didn't jump into the GC or WiiU so much... that said I forgot that Metroid Prime 3 was originally a Wii game and Luigis Mansion 2 was a 3DS game not a WiiU title.

WiiU did get some cool games but it still remains one of the only Nintendo systems I don't have nor do I have an intention to buy it unless I find one in a charity shop for Wii cash, just from a hardware point of view I see it as a Beta version of the Switch which I predict by the next 2 years will have any and all software which was worth playing on it ported over to the Switch running at higher resolutions and of course being a true portable away from the dock.

I was just making fun of the fact that the era I "got into Nintendo" with was the Wii U (I was a pretty big fan of Wii but I was just a wee kid, my formative gaming years were on 360 and eventually a little bit on PS4), arguably one of their worse eras. Wii U had a decent selection of games, but it wasn't enough for me to keep coming back, and a lot of the must-have titles I already owned by the time I had owned the thing for just a couple of months. 

Edit: By the way, Nintendo's stock of 3DS and Wii U games was absolutely god awful. I couldn't get Kid Icarus or Pikmin 3 even though I wanted to multiple times. So yes, bring on the ports! 

Too worthless to live, too scared to die.