By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ex-Blizzard Producer accuses Sony USA of Censoring Games and Enforcing "Puritanism"

collint0101 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
1. Make a game with 3D models that are based on women that are 18+ but don't quite look it. Have these women come into your office and do the mocap. Also have these women pose for photographs so, that your 3D artists can reference them to model their likenesses into your game.

2. Publish game to PS4.

3. When Sony bans your game take them to court, and prove that all your models were based off of real life people that were 18+.

4. Profit!

OFF TOPIC BELOW....

I stopped reading Marvel Comics a few years back because of the bad writing. Hickman was a great FF writer, but took the Avengers back to everything that made them suck in the 90's. He expanded the roster to 30+ characters, most of which I'd never even heard of. Bendis wrote himself into a corner with all the time travel shenanigans in the X-Men. And with the X-Men split up between two teams that hate each other, there's no way for the original group to get back together.

Now there's a Hispanic Ghost Rider, a black female Iron Man, a Chinese Hulk, and a female Thor (Female Thor is supposed to be a good comic though).Oh, and Captain America was a secret Nazi for a while. Except that got retconned.

Hispanic ghost Rider is pretty dope. Come on dude it's a flaming charger how is that not cool. 

The car is a great idea. Its the guy behind it and the art direction of the comic overall that is bad. I mean, just look at this dopey looking mask...

The whole design of the costume is just ugly. It looks like something that belongs in a cheap, budget animated TV show, not a comic book. 

Around the Network

I didn't know Sony moved their headquarters from Japan to California.

Coincidently ,I watched some car customising show and it was about the custom Firefall bus that Kern ordered made to tour the expo's and promote the Firefall game . and later found out he was fired and there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding the man. He seems to be one of those people who love to promote themselves through social media.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I'd like to hear what he's referring to specifically...

Sorry Hiku, but as someone that votes Democrat SJW's are a real problem. They are basically the Glen Beck, and Alex Jones of the Democratic Party. Except there are a whole lot more Alex Jones' and Glenn Becks on the right. In fact the right is almost entirely made up of people like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck. On the left SJWs probably only make up 10 to 30%.

Around the Network

I personally do not mind these so-called "SJWs" or "woke" people gaining positions of power within Sony USA. After all, we are merely seeing the natural march of history in favor of Diversity and Progress. In addition, I expect the so-called "problematic" games to be considered as a net negative for PlayStation platforms going forward and such, we will finally see Japan brought to the standards of the rest of the Civilized World in terms of acceptable game content.

After all, the saying is "Get Woke, Go Rich." I don't know why it doesn't rhyme, almost as if it's intended to end with an entirely different word altogether, but I will listen and believe because it sounds correct.

Last edited by TheWPCTraveler - on 26 January 2019

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

thismeintiel said:

Sorry, but if you think the Right is just as much a part of it now then, say, the 70s and 80s, then you are dead wrong.  

That's not really what I said or meant. 

Consumers should be allowed to decide if they want to support a product or not, not a puritan company. The regional ratings boards already exists, so there's no reason for platform holders to censor. Granted, it is their platform, so it's a nuanced issue.

The thing that gets me about this whole thing, is Nintendo is more open minded about this stuff now. How do we live in a world where conservative Nintendo is more open to this than Sony.

Exact reason why I started focusing on buying those 3rd party games on Steam rather than PS.