By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ex-Blizzard Producer accuses Sony USA of Censoring Games and Enforcing "Puritanism"

Tulipanzo said:
konnichiwa said:

It is just like the Blame Obama thing.

Warriors orchi 4 for example is not censored on switch but is on PS4 and Xbox one. I am not going to blame Trump.

The thing with this bills is, that there is no bit stating "no sex in the games", but only bits that could be interpreted to mean that depending on who is reading it.

Nobody knows precisely what a law means, but they also don't want to get used to find out.

As such, you might get companies (such as Nintendo or Valve) ignoring it, thinking that it doesn't apply to them, and that if it got to court they could defend it on the grounds of artistic expression (or other).

You might also see companies introduce algorithms, or in our case extra steps in game approvals, even in non-US branches, since these companies were built on their content being universally accessible.

Now, I wouldn't expect Trump supporters to know how to take blame, but it's the GOP introduction of technologically illiterate bills that pushed companies to take such steps.

Blaming the SJWs and other strawman is just shielding your ass from the mess YOU made.

No this is just Sony's choice; why should devs censor  their only-Japan release PS4 games? 

Around the Network
Tulipanzo said:
konnichiwa said:

It is just like the Blame Obama thing.

Warriors orchi 4 for example is not censored on switch but is on PS4 and Xbox one. I am not going to blame Trump.

The thing with this bills is, that there is no bit stating "no sex in the games", but only bits that could be interpreted to mean that depending on who is reading it.

Nobody knows precisely what a law means, but they also don't want to get used to find out.

As such, you might get companies (such as Nintendo or Valve) ignoring it, thinking that it doesn't apply to them, and that if it got to court they could defend it on the grounds of artistic expression (or other).

You might also see companies introduce algorithms, or in our case extra steps in game approvals, even in non-US branches, since these companies were built on their content being universally accessible.

Now, I wouldn't expect Trump supporters to know how to take blame, but it's the GOP introduction of technologically illiterate bills that pushed companies to take such steps.

Blaming the SJWs and other strawman is just shielding your ass from the mess YOU made.

Fucking. Trump.

When developers are being creatively castrated, having to tone-down their products to avoid mass media panning or in some cases, cut content or not releasing their product in certain regions... it has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with SJWs and pandering.

The sad thing here is seeing one country stamp it's views and opinions on another's. Japan obviously isn't happy about this and it isn't hard to see why. The West shouldn't have a say in what goes on in Japan and vice-versa.

Hiku said:
thismeintiel said:

Who do you think comprises Antifa?

Reread the bold+underline.  It's still a good response to everything you wrote.

'The left'? George Soros?

Either way, this my point.
I could very well be one of the most left leaning members on this forum, and yet I am completely against Sony USA censoring games like this.
Though as per usual, the main purpose of this thread seems to be "This is how bad the left is, the thread. Volume #56", and people are arguing political affiliations. Again. Because the same people (you included) tend to constantly use it as an opportunity to generalizing an entire group of members, unprovoked.

This is far from the first time, and you know exactly what kind of replies you'll get.

Can we have one single topic on this subject without that?
I often wonder about that before I click on them. And for the past few years now the answer has has always been a no.
At least put them in the Politics sections if you're going to do that.

Can you give me the name of a Vgchart'z member who constantly makes the equivalent of these topics you guys complain about? "Kasumi needs to cover up in DOA", etc.
And one that constantly, like clockwork, before anyone else has said anything to them, attributes it to 'the right'.

I'm not aware of such a member, so I'd genuinely like to know if I missed a whole slew of "The next protagonist in Final Fantasy 16 has to be black, and gay."

Yes, the Left comprises Antifa.  Mostly SJWs.  And no, they aren't actually anti-fascists, if that is what you want to believe.  They are fascists themselves.

And our responses about censoring and things SJWs do are pointed at no specific person in these boards.  The fact that you find them offensive and would probably want them silenced says more about how you identify then it says anything about us.  Like I said, that you refuse to see, is their opinions don't offend you, or maybe you actually agree with them, so you make excuses, ignore them, or put the blame on the other side.

Again, break out of your circle.  You keep bringing up VGChartz and hanging your hat on it.  Not sure why.  This crap may not be happening to a great extent on here (though there have been plenty of anti-Right/Conservative or pro-Left/"Progressive" threads, however you wish to label them, which is fine), but it does in other places.  Youtube and Twitter are big ones.  The problem is a lot of these people have made their way into big companies and don't really need an excuse of backlash to do something ridiculous.  It's their own ideology.

Most of the time the outrage isn't even over what is happening, something many conveniently ignore, but over the companies reaction to any and all criticism.  They have adopted the SJW tactic of just calling out critics as racist/homophobe/misogynist to distract and not have to address real criticism.  Of course, using that tactic doesn't stop the products from underperforming or outright failing, because then you just piss off the people who had legit criticism.  Ghostbusters '16, TLJ, Solo, BF5 are just some big examples. 

RLM summed it up nicely in this video: