By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Circumcision - Yes or No?

Runa216 said:

Yeah I don't even know how this is still a discussion.

Circumcision has no real benefits, is virtually impossible to reverse, permanently impacts sexual pleasure, and really only exists for the sake of tradition.

If you don't circumcise, keeping your kids dick clean is as simple as teaching him 'peel back the skin and clean it' (Promise it's not hard), it can be circumcised later in life if he so desires, and the decision that will effect his sexual experiences the rest of his life is left to him.

There's literally no reason to circumcise at birth unless there's a genuine medical emergency.

Edit: Also, why the fuck does it matter what other boys think of your boy's dick? Kids are cruel no matter what. Your kid could have a mole on his elbow and kids will tease him for that. I'm still curious why you expect to have your kid just whippin' it out and showing everyone. Absolutely baffling argument is that. 

'peel back the skin and clean it'

I felt that line physically hit me.

Around the Network

I can't possibly understand how anyone is okay with mutilating a child without there consent. It is only okay in the case of a medical emergency.

No, if they want to do it when they're older then let them but not when they're a baby.

I've no memory of it, so I don't begrudge my parents in the slightest. I'm glad they got me circumcised. My girlfriend and I have already decided we'll be circumcising any boys, and she's otherwise an atheist who's generally big on consent, bodily autonomy, control over ones destiny, etc. For example she hates burial and wants to be cremated when she dies but she respects my desire to be buried and if next of kin, she will ensure that I am buried, not cremated. Our rationale is generally that health risks are minimal, and while benefits are also minimal, in general the foreskin likely won't be missed and uh...well...teenage boys, particularly depressed or ADHD ones, of which I and she both are so we'll be likely to pass it on, but the boys frequently go through periods of terrible hygiene, especially when depressed, and we don't want to deal with smegma. That seriously might be the most disgusting word in the English language, smegma. I never had to deal with it, don't want to have to deal with it with my son. And if I don't circumcise him, I probably will. Depression has a genetic component and is also becoming more common over time due to the changing demands on our lifestyles by society. Between that and ADHD, there's just a disturbing chance he'll have hygiene issues at some point. This just makes it that much easier to deal with, and honestly, hygiene issues with the foreskin DO carry a health risk, so to me, that edges the benefits of circumcision out over the risks. But that's just me. I understand if you would decide differently. It's ultimately not that big a deal.

Hell no. The Benefit is?????? and the baby will suffer.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

As a circumcised male, there isn't much point to it unless there is a medical problem like with what happened to me. But make sure the medical problem is real.

The procedure can be just as dangerous to a child as an adult, so let him decide when he gets older.

Fuck no.

Would you be okay with circumcising your daughter? Simply removing the labia in a cosmetic procedure which is largely the same as male circumcision in that it simply removes some sexual pleasure and "makes it easier to clean"? (a complete bullshit excuse) Of fucking course not. Why should a boy be treated any differently? Keep knives the fuck away from babies' genitals.

Where I'm from I know about a dozen guys. two thirds of them are circumcised and every one of them wishes they weren't.

Not a huge sample, but I've never personally met someone who likes being circumcised. The fact that those people can't reverse the process but the uncircumcised males still could get cut if they want is infuriating. It's one of those issues that infuriates me and gives me the sort of rage that'd drive me to violence if I didn't work so hard to be a pacifist. It's frankly disgusting that, in theory, someone other than the person involved could or would make such a huge choice for someone else. that's the opposite of freedom.

Why not cut off the kid's pinkie toe. He doesn't need it, and that's one fewer toe to clean.

Why not remove their nipples while you're at it. Just take a scalpel and slice em off! Men don't need them and they'd just be weirdly sensitive later. what if as he grows up other kids would tease him for having weirdly shaped or sized nipples?

Circumcision is just as nonsensical as that and has even less of a justification. I know from experience that cocks with foreskin are more sensitive, have more to play with, taste better, and are SUPER easy to clean. (Seriously, I do not understand the whole 'it's easier to clean' argument. Pull the skin back and clean it, no harder than washing your hands. Are you a shitty parent or something? So much of a prude you can't teach your damn kid how to take care of his junk? Does a penis make you uncomfortable? What could possibly be the explanation for this shitty parenting?)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I would definitely recommend you not do it. If you are a man of God and believe that he created us in his image, then from that perspective why would it make sense to disrupt that? Do you think as a human you have better intellect in the say-so of what is best for your body than a being that has been around for eternity?

If you are not religious and simply believe in evolution, then wouldn’t it make sense that if we had a part on our bodies that was no longer needed, then our bodies would no longer produce it?

I hear some people talk about the “making fun of factor” and how they don’t want their boys who are natural (some places the minority) to be made fun of the boys that are circumcised (in those same places, the majority).  This is a very weird argument, because I don’t know who thinks that boys even are in a situation where they are looking at each other’s penises in their youth.  Kid orgy?  No.  School showers?  Not even a thing anymore.  Come on, let’s be real.  Your son’s penis will likely not be seen by anyone until he has a girlfriend and has sex with her for the first time.  I will reiterate. No one will make fun, because no one will see. Also, no one will make fun, because there is honestly nothing to make fun of in the first place.

The problem is Hollywood and the truth is that Hollywood does have a lot of Jewish writers and when you hear of a natural man’s penis, it is referred to as uncircumcised. Why? If something is natural, then what is modified needs a new name, thus: circumcised. There’s no need to retroactively create a new name for said natural product. It is in Jewish practice from a religious standpoint, to circumcise their boys and they do like to create this mentality in the world which is done through a large platform in movies and TV, to make it seem like guys who are natural, are in someway gross or is it a turn off to women. 

It is completely unnecessary, blatantly obvious, and is something that is unfortunately still around yet is fortunately, slowly fading away. 

In a woman’s vagina/butthole, there is no difference of feeling for her, whether a man is natural or circumcised.  In a woman’s mouth, there is more to do and as a result, the man has more options of pleasure to experience.

If you are cut, you go through life exposed to more friction and don’t feel as much when the time comes for it to really matter. Think of yourself as wearing socks wherever you go. When you take your socks off, your feet are nice and smooth, able to be tickled. If you were barefoot everywhere you went, then you would develop calluses that would prevent your feet from being ticklish. Tickling is better. And in this case, more sensation you could feel on your penis is better.

There’s also the fact that a lot of guys go through life, with a lot of resentment to their parents after finding out just what they are missing. To those that never look into it, they oftentimes don’t care that they were circumcised and that’s typically the majority of men. But to those that look into it, it leaves a great moral strain and a great sense of “what if” they weren’t cut.

You don’t just lose the foreskin, but the vein that is attached. You lose natural lubrication.  From a hygiene standpoint, maybe 2000 years ago they didn’t have soap, showers, and bathtubs that we all have in our homes, but just by cleaning, swimming in the pool, the ocean, etc., there is never ever a case where you get dirty.  The head of your penis remains sealed by its foreskin anyways, until you are actively having sex, unless you were extra vigorous while masturbating, presumably before you had sex for the first time.  The point in bringing that up is that you don’t need to even worry about a five-year-old kid pulling his foreskin back to clean behind it, because it’s something that is sealed away. The body tends to do what is best for it.  

There’s also the fact that you are putting your child through unnecessary pain and that just boggles my mind why anyone would do that to their precious child that they were carrying in them for nine months. It’s a sick practice that needs to go away. It has a lot of misconceptions about why it’s done and it’s completely foolish to do.

Hopefully my response has helped. I’d read it to your wife too (or let her read it if you feel like). Finally, the risk in a circumcised penis getting dirty or infected is definitely greater than a natural penis being left alone upon birth. Right?

I recommend you leave your boy in tact. That being said, here’s to a happy and healthy kid. May your wife have a smooth delivery.  :)

Last edited by PaulGaleNetwork - on 24 January 2019

I got mine really late at 14years old. Dont know really know anything about it.

Pocky Lover Boy!